Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Will Obama Tackle Immigration in the State of the Union Addr

Will Obama Tackle Immigration in the State of the Union Address?

By Elizabeth Llorente
    Published January 25, 2011

President Barack Obama speaks in the East Room of the White House in Washington, Monday, Jan. 24, 2011, on a presidential initiative to support military families. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh)

Tonight, President Obama will deliver the State of the Union address at a time when each week, new efforts are cropping up in more and more states around the country to take immigration matters into their own hands.

But will the President address the highly divisive issue, and if so, how might he do it?

Tennessee attorney Gregg Ramos, who is leading the opposition in his state against a push in the legislature to pass an Arizona-style immigration bill, is doubtful that the President will touch the issue.

“The reality at the moment is that we’re probably two years away from having any meaningful action on immigration reform,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Lies:

If you lie over your limit, you find yourself just as Pres. Obama finds himself, unable to know the direction to turn, blocked by his own lies any direction he turns.

Lost and caught inside his own web like all liars.

Banned
    He is a hurt puppy on the issue

I'm betting he doesn't say a word

This will totally pee off the hispanics

CIR or amnesty is one promise he can't keep

"Just make sure all the pens he's handed are right handed!"
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote]“We’re the first to say you need everyone focused on jobs, on education, these are critical issues for the country, including Latinos,â€

Banned
    From tonights speech

"One last point about education. Today, there are hundreds of thousands of students excelling in our schools who are not American citizens. Some are the children of undocumented workers, who had nothing to do with the actions of their parents. They grew up as Americans and pledge allegiance to our flag, and yet live every day with the threat of deportation. Others come here from abroad to study in our colleges and universities. But as soon as they obtain advanced degrees, we send them back home to compete against us. It makes no sense.

Now, I strongly believe that we should take on, once and for all, the issue of illegal immigration. I am prepared to work with Republicans and Democrats to protect our borders, enforce our laws and address the millions of undocumented workers who are now living in the shadows. I know that debate will be difficult and take time. But tonight, let's agree to make that effort. And let's stop expelling talented, responsible young people who can staff our research labs, start new businesses, and further enrich this nation. "

Vote him the h**l out, he is still all for amnesty no matter how much it destroys the US. He doesn't give a rat's arse about the US citizen, he only cares about pushing amnesty down our throats no matter what the consequences are.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

the moron in chief now thinks its time for border security.

have members of this site not been calling for this since 2005.

he says he wants to work with both parties to get legislation for this, yet we already have bills on the books that just need to be enforced.

and mr moron in chief,. apparently you dont realize that with a signed executive order you can sign and have it order every available national guard member moved to the border, this time with live ammunition, and the power to arrest and detain.

unlike your 1200 you ordered to the border and are already removing

"Com-pander and Chief!"