Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Will voting Republican be enough to stop amnesty?

Remember, it wasn't so long ago that George Bush and John McCain were for amnesty ( and I'm not going to use the ephemism "comprehensive immigration reform). Also, there's been a lot of buzz about Obama granting quasi-amnesty by executive order. Can we stop it by sending faxes and making phone calls like we did a few years ago? I am truly concerned about the future of this country--the ruling party seems to have gone insane.

The likelihood that such an executive order would cause even heavier losses to Democrats you would think would keep some pressure on Obama. He wouldn't want to go down as the worst party leader in history would he? They could easily become a minority party, and then would have to resort to filibustering as a last ditch effort. At the same time, I would bet the Hispanic caucus is constantly yapping at him---which gives us an inkling of what future politics would be like if they succeed.

Hopefully more ethics violations will emerge.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

h47

As I most recently learned on this forum, voting Republican within itself isn't the solution either as there are certain Republicans who are in favor of amnesty.

What it comes down to is we really have to reasearch the candidates to make sure that they are AGAINST amnesty before we cast our vote for them.
    "Illegal aliens are not immigrants, they are foreign intruders"... Jean Baptiste Truong
    NO amnesty for illegal aliens.
    Arrest and deport illegal aliens back to their own country.

It depends on WHICH Republican you vote for.

Here in California our GOP nominee Meg Witless, er, I mean Meg Whitman, has doublecrossed those Republicans who believed her strong stance on the issue during the June Primary season. After the election "Nutmeg" went back on everything including running ads in Spanish on billboards and radio telling them how she opposed Prop. 187 and Arizona's new law.

In Arizona voters can chose a true Anit-Illegal Immigrant candidate in J. D. Hayworth ... or the hypocrite John McCain.

As h47 above me said ... you got to do your homework before you vote.

The whole point of granting a mass amnesty would be to add to the voter base for the Democrats. Yea, there would be a backlash, but one has to wonder if the backlash would be enough to alter the consequence of the additional voters. Or, to put it another way, would the consequence of the addtional voters alter the backlash of an outright executive order?

Either way, I will raise hell.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)