Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

William: I need some data help

I need the following data if anyone can help me track it down.

I need to know how many hours of labor it took for an average salary American worker to work for an Average home, average college degree, average child birth, and average vehicle in....

?

How much did the American dream items cost an average American worker in hours of time in each decade increment?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

according to this chart, something called the National Wage Index gives the following readings

2009 40,711.61
    2000 32,154.82 28,343
    1990 21,027.98 20,293
    1980 12,513.46 12,530
    1970 6,186.24 6,670
    1960 4,007.12 4,080
    1951 2,799.16 2,570

http://www.ssa.gov/oact/cola/AWI.html

second column is from this source
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_i ... ce_.26_Sex
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Did you notice in your first column of info from the SSA, on the website, the amount actually came DOWN from 2008 to 2009, the only year that it went down instead of rising.

Not exactly what you wanted but interesting nonetheless. Shows how much of income is spent on certain areas (food, housing, etc) compared to years past.

http://www.visualeconomics.com/100-year ... -spending/

Cost of home ownership vs. median income over the years

http://www.visualeconomics.com/the-cost ... ownership/

Banned
    Amazing stats

Heres what I have to add to them

I have always been straight middle class with a skilled union job

I just got my yearly social security report on my earnings for all my contributions and my yearly income almost mirrors that report from 1970 on until present

Some years I made a bit more but that chart is pretty accurate

How weird..I was going through some of my dads papers (he passed 6 years ago and just started going through it )
    But anyway have his 80s check stubs and also I found some from when he began working for the company in late fiftys..But I have to dig through it to find them but the 80s he had in a folder marked pay receipts 1980 ..he worked for an Oil company in Long Beach....

There is no date on the stubbs so I hope its the 80s

ok Im gonna put down whats on the check

Reg.Earnings ---897.60 ....Fed Tax--148,91-......State Tax.25.09-.....

grp life---17.8-.....grp med--12.75....CreditUnion-64.16-.....Reg Hours 88

Fica tax--55.02-...Other tax-4.49....grp accid.-10.35-....Charity-1.00 ..Other ded-28.69-...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Benefit salary---816.00

1 regular 48.00 HRS@10.200

1 Vacation 40.00 HRS 10.200

5 California-25.09 -

6 UC or Dis Tx. 4.49-

7 Union Dues -21.22-

7 ESOP--5.22-

dental plan-2.25

gross pay--897.60

total ded---368.44

Net pay-529.16

Year to date----somewhere in the 80s.....

gross---- fica tax--fed.w/h tax
    9398.96// 503.45// 1531.61

He bought a house in 1959 and I have the papers for what he paid but I can't remember how much..next week I will be going through more and I will find that too...if you want it....

The house was a 3 bedroom 2 bath ...70s added on familyroom fireplace no air cond but we had a fireplace errr...nice area of orange county i was born in that house and they raised 7 children with that paycheck... He retired early in the 80s..and sold that house (88 or 89) i think for just under 200,00 and it sold recently for 424,....My mom didnt work until I was 25 and she did that because she was bored..My dad never bought a new car always used from a private party took vac every year and never needed anything but we wanted a lot and they did there best to get us that for xmas. wore handme downs and worked at fastfoods and zodys and pic n save and the hospital kitchen growing up..Played all day outside came in when the street lights came on..Miss those days My best friend was hispanic but they were the only ones in our neighborhood.
    I just relized that..

Most hispaincs then lived near the Church ...
    Both her parents worked.Her dad worked at Ups then Painting her mom worked at dangit the toy cars what was that name tyson is that it...remote ones anyways they always worked.

sorry kind of got off subject.

Oh also the one time I heard my parents worry about money was the oil crisis..you remember the odd even days..that was 78 or 79 then the first of the year 1980 I think their was a strike..no there was one my memory is off some but yes ..That was the only time at least that i heard them talk about money...

[/b]

working4change

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ExCaliGal
    How weird..I was going through some of my dads papers (he passed 6 years ago and just started going through it )
    But anyway have his 80s check stubs and also I found some from when he began working for the company in late fiftys..But I have to dig through it to find them but the 80s he had in a folder marked pay receipts 1980 ..he worked for an Oil company in Long Beach....

There is no date on the stubbs so I hope its the 80s

ok Im gonna put down whats on the check

Reg.Earnings ---897.60 ....Fed Tax--148,91-......State Tax.25.09-.....

grp life---17.8-.....grp med--12.75....CreditUnion-64.16-.....Reg Hours 88

Fica tax--55.02-...Other tax-4.49....grp accid.-10.35-....Charity-1.00 ..Other ded-28.69-...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Benefit salary---816.00

1 regular 48.00 HRS@10.200

1 Vacation 40.00 HRS 10.200

5 California-25.09 -

6 UC or Dis Tx. 4.49-

7 Union Dues -21.22-

7 ESOP--5.22-

dental plan-2.25

gross pay--897.60

total ded---368.44

Net pay-529.16

Year to date----somewhere in the 80s.....

gross---- fica tax--fed.w/h tax
    9398.96// 503.45// 1531.61

He bought a house in 1959 and I have the papers for what he paid but I can't remember how much..next week I will be going through more and I will find that too...if you want it....

The house was a 3 bedroom 2 bath ...70s added on familyroom fireplace no air cond but we had a fireplace errr...nice area of orange county i was born in that house and they raised 7 children with that paycheck... He retired early in the 80s..and sold that house (88 or 89) i think for just under 200,00 and it sold recently for 424,....My mom didnt work until I was 25 and she did that because she was bored..My dad never bought a new car always used from a private party took vac every year and never needed anything but we wanted a lot and they did there best to get us that for xmas. wore handme downs and worked at fastfoods and zodys and pic n save and the hospital kitchen growing up..Played all day outside came in when the street lights came on..Miss those days My best friend was hispanic but they were the only ones in our neighborhood.
    I just relized that..

Most hispaincs then lived near the Church ...
    Both her parents worked.Her dad worked at Ups then Painting her mom worked at dangit the toy cars what was that name tyson is that it...remote ones anyways they always worked.

sorry kind of got off subject.

Oh also the one time I heard my parents worry about money was the oil crisis..you remember the odd even days..that was 78 or 79 then the first of the year 1980 I think their was a strike..no there was one my memory is off some but yes ..That was the only time at least that i heard them talk about money...

[/b]
    I grew up in a nice area of Orange Co also in the 70s , We always didn't go in when the streetlights came on , we loved the really foggy nights ,
    Seen most of the good bands at Anaheim convention center and never paid more than $15 for a ticket.
    There were no minorities in Anaheim in the 70s , only in highschool did we have a very small group of hispanics , but they always stayed to themselves.
    Santa Ana had a lot of hispanics and we went there for the very very good mexican food at the restaurants. I also knew lots of hispanics in bands that lived there. But it was rock bands , not mariachi bands. All of them were Americanized and thoroughly assimilated Americans.

Santa Ana had a lot of hispanics and we went there for the very very good mexican food at the restaurants. I also knew lots of hispanics in bands that lived there. But it was rock bands , not mariachi bands. All of them were Americanized and thoroughly assimilated Americans
    My mom said stay out of Santa Ana...

Santa ana winds WOOHOO Love them ..Tumble weeds .Santa Ana winds are still there but tumble weeds are hard to find...Oh that fog was scary couldnt see anything in front of you..
    Anahiem and lowriders...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast