Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Numbers is encouraging calls to these Senators also:

(the reasons behind this decision and talking points which are very good!! http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=69423 )

THESE SENATORS VOTED 'NO' TWO WEEKS AGO
    BUT NEED A LOT MORE PUSH TO VOTE 'NO' THIS WEEK

Our coalition of advocacy and Senate allies say they are very hopeful to win these Senators over but that they also could easily vote YES at this point.

If we defeat the amnesty this week, it will be because you did a fantastic job in getting nearly all of these to vote NO.

Bingaman (D-NM)
    Boxer (D-Calif.)
    Burr (R-N.C.)
    Chambliss (R-Ga.)
    Cochran (R-Miss.)
    Ensign (R-Nev.)
    Gregg (R-N.H.)
    Hatch (R-Utah)
    Hutchison (R-Texas)
    Isakson (R-Ga.)
    Smith (R-Oregon)
    Sununu (R-N.H.)
    Sanders (I-Vt.)
    Webb (D-Va.)

Thank these Senators for their NO vote and then read a couple of FLAWS to help them understand why they should keep voting NO.

VOTED 'YES' ON AMNESTY 2 WEEKS AGO BUT CONSIDERED GOOD POSSIBILITIES TO SWITCH TO 'NO' THIS WEEK IF THEIR CONSTITUENTS PROVIDE THEM ENOUGH REASON

Conrad (D-N.D.)
    Levin (D-Mich.)
    Nelson (D-Neb.)
    Stabenow (D-Mich.)

CONSIDERED LONG-SHOTS FOR VOTING 'NO' THIS WEEK EVEN THOUGH THEY VOTED 'NO' ON AMNESTY 2 WEEKS AGO

These folks need a whole lot of help. Please give it to them. Tell them they were right to vote NO two weeks ago and that no amendment that has been proposed for this round will make the bill enough better to deserve a YES vote this week. Thus, they should vote NO on all attempts to even bring this bill to a floor and vote NO on any attempt to try to bring up a package of amendments.

Bennett (R-Utah)
    Brownback (R-Kan.) -- didn't vote 2 weeks ago but generally pro-amnesty
    Coleman (R-Minn.)
    Collins (R-Maine)
    Domenici (R-N.M.)
    McConnell (R-Ky.)
    Murkowski (R-Alaska)
    Snowe (R-Maine)
    Stevens (R-Alaska)
    Warner (R-Va.)

PRO-AMNESTY SENATORS WITH A SLIGHT POSSIBILITY OF BEING SWITCHED

Because of opposition from labor unions to the guest worker provisions, a few of these Democrats might switch if they felt enough heat from their constituents.

You should not give up on these Senators. At the very least, make them feel nervous about casting a YES vote. Several of these are presidential candidates who have to be thinking how this will affect them in the general election.

Bayh (D-Ind.)
    Biden (D-Del.)
    Brown (D-Ohio)
    Casey (D-Pa.)
    Clinton (D-N.Y.)
    Craig (R-Idaho)
    Durbin (D-Ill.)
    Dodd (D-Conn.)
    Feingold (D-Wis.)
    Harkin (D-Iowa)
    Inouye (D-Hawaii)
    Kohl (D-Wis.)
    Kyl (R-Ariz.)
    Lautenberg (D-N.J.)
    Leahy (D-Vt.)
    Lincoln (D-Ark.)
    Lott (R-Miss.)
    Murray (D-Wash.)
    Nelson (D-Fla.)
    Obama (D-Ill.)
    Reed (D-R.I.)
    Schumer (D-N.Y.)
    Whitehouse (D-R.I.)
    Wyden (D-Oregon)

SENATORS WHO APPEAR TO BE 'LOST CAUSES' BUT WHO SHOULD FEEL THE WRATH FOR THEIR ABSOLUTE CALLOUSNESS TOWARD AMERICAN WORKERS AND COMMUNITIES

Akaka (D-Hawaii)
    Cantwell (D-Wash.)
    Cardin (D-Md.)
    Carper (D-Del.)
    Feinstein (D-Calif.)
    Graham (R-S.C.)
    Hagel (R-Neb.)
    Kennedy (D-Mass.)
    Kerry (D-Mass.)
    Klobuchar (D-Minn.)
    Lieberman (I-Conn.)
    Lugar (R-Ind.)
    Martinez (R-Fla.)
    McCain (R-Ariz.)
    Menendez (D-N.J.)
    Mikulski (D-Md.)
    Reid (D-Nev.)
    Salazar (D-Colo.)
    Specter (R-Pa.)
    Voinovich (R-Ohio)

THESE SENATORS ARE OUR CHAMPIONS AND DON'T NEED PHONE CALLS RIGHT NOW

Bunning (R-Ky.)
    Byrd (D-W.Va.)
    Coburn (R-Okla.)
    DeMint (R-S.C.)
    Dole (R-N.C.)
    Dorgan (D-N.D.)
    Enzi (R-Wyo.)
    Inhofe (R-Okla.)
    McCaskill (D-Mo.)
    Roberts (R-Kan.)
    Sessions (R-Ala.)
    Shelby (R-Ala.)
    Tester (D-Mont.)
    Vitter (R-La.)

PROBABLY VOTING 'NO' BUT MAY NEED SOME EXTRA CALLS FROM YOU

Alexander (R-Tenn.)
    Allard (R-Colo.)
    Baucus (D-Mont.)
    Bond (R-Mo.)
    Corker (R-Tenn.)
    Cornyn (R-Texas)
    Crapo (R-Idaho)
    Grassley (R-Iowa)
    Landrieu (D-La.)
    Pryor (D-Ark.)
    Rockefeller (D-W.Va.)
    Thune (R-S.D.)

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=69423

Banned
    THE DOZEN BIG FLAWS IN THIS BILL

You can view a cleaner copy of this and one that will print better for distribution by clicking here.

Many of the waffling Senators are giving as their excuse for considering a YES vote on the amnesty that this bill will begin to reduce future illegal immigration which is better than doing nothing.

I was on a radio show this morning in Jackson, Miss., in which the host repeatedly argued with me that anybody opposing this bill is supporting doing nothing because the Democratic leaders of Senate and House will not allow any enforcement to go through without an amnesty.

We at NumbersUSA reject this reasoning.

We confidently believe that if this grand amnesty compromise is defeated that the Democrats will feel enough pressure to start passing single initiatives that will gradually improve the tools of enforcement -- and that the American people and our allies in Congress can shame Pres. Bush into starting to implement more of the enforcement laws already on the books.

Please read, quote and paraphrase the following 14 flaws over and over to your Senators and staff.

Senate Proposal is Full of Holes

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) has been a stalwart proponent of curbing illegal immigration and reforming the legal immigration apparatus in a truly meaningful manner. To that end, on June 4, in the middle of the first round of floor debate on the so-called “grand bargainâ€

I am posting this here on our main thread - it is important for everyone to know and to contact these two Senators

Okay, with all due respect to NumbersUSA, Senator Lamar Alexander and Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee should be included in the very top tier of those likely to vote YES and need pressure. Numbers is not on the ground locally everywhere and this information needs to get out. And yes I have already placed a call to Numbers.

Senator Alexander voted YES on cloture the first time, then NO and now that he and Senator Bob Corker have linked with Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson for a "touchback" amendment, the pressure and contacts need to increase.

Senator Alexander wants to vote for this bill or he would not be coming up with ideas like this - allow 3 out of 4 border governors to sign off on the security of the border, the $500.00 given for people to learn English, the "touchback" amendment, and his attachment now to Senator Hutchinson.

Senator Corker, is a junior, tag a long Senator, and apparently Alexander is going to use that as leverage.

This is two swing votes guys and believe me the pressure needs to increase.

Thank you.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    Senator Alexander voted YES on cloture the first time, then NO and now that he and Senator Bob Corker have linked with Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson for a "touchback" amendment, the pressure and contacts need to increase.

Senator Corker, is a junior, tag a long Senator, and apparently Alexander is going to use that as leverage.

This is two swing votes guys and believe me the pressure needs to increase.
    I just talked with one of Corker's staffers in DC and he said that Sen. Corker doesn't support this bill, has voted against cloture twice, and will continue to do so. The staffer sounded pretty adamant. Others might call and report on the response they receive.

I haven't been able to get anyone at Alexander's office today. I keep getting voice mail. I've left two messages and sent an email. I'll try again in a little while.

I sent Corker all three faxes and have gotten out about 40 so far. just thought I would check in, Have been getting alot of busy signals so make phone calls in between. will check back later!! Good luck to everyone hope your all successful with the traitors!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Thank you for posting your responses. I must again say that I have gotten different answers depending on which staffer that I speak to at the moment. Please keep calling and if Senator Corker of Tennessee was so against the bill why is he signing on to the "touchback" amendment with Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson and Senator Lamar Alexander?

Does anyone see a positive out of that decision?

Let's keep calling these two Tennessee Senators please.

Psalm 91
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll call again tomorrow and see what type of response I get. The guy I talked with seemed emphatic that Corker wouldn't vote in favor of cloture or the bill passing. He didn't mention Corker postponing his decision until he sees what amendments will be included, but it's possible he was withholding information. I forgot to mention the touchback amendment, so frazzled I feel this afternoon. I will bring it up when I call tomorrow.

All three toll free DC numbers are busy.

The first two I tried were busy and the third was just ringing.
    Then I tried the ringing one again, it rang twice then went busy.

Are we being busied out or are we calling like crazy?
    Are the OBLs Calling like crazy?

Why knows, I have never had all three toll number busy before.

I am going back to calling the direct DC lines until I can get through on the other numbers, will update later!

Great Saki, I hope you feel less frazzled tomorrow . Mention the "touchback" amendment for sure (Senator Hutchinson and Lamar Alexander (TN) sponsors ). The staffer I spoke with was not aware of the amendment.

(quote)

Alexander, Corker Bargain for Votes to REVIVE Stalled U.S. Senate Immigration Bill

By JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) - Two Tennessee Republicans are co-sponsors of a compromise in the U.S. Senate that could help keep an immigration reform bill alive.
    Sens. Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker have co-sponsored a provision crafted by Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, to toughen a requirement that unlawful immigrants seeking green cards return home to apply for permanent legal residency.
    Senate leaders' announcement Thursday that they would allow the immigration bill a second chance came after getting assurances from key negotiators that they could produce enough support to steer the measure through a procedural minefield, including attempts by conservatives to block it.
    (quote) clip

http://www.memphisdailynews.com/Editori ... x?id=97615

Psalm 91

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    Thank you for posting your responses. I must again say that I have gotten different answers depending on which staffer that I speak to at the moment. Please keep calling and if Senator Corker of Tennessee was so against the bill why is he signing on to the "touchback" amendment with Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson and Senator Lamar Alexander?

Does anyone see a positive out of that decision?

Let's keep calling these two Tennessee Senators please.

Psalm 91
    \

I see a man running scared and that is the problem with alot of them, we just have to keep hounding them.
    Wish I was a fly on the wall to hear what they were saying about Kates faxes!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)