Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: WND EXCLUSIVE CALLS TO CONGRESS 499 TO 1 AGAINST SYRIA WAR The people revolt: America

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

WND EXCLUSIVE CALLS TO CONGRESS 499 TO 1 AGAINST SYRIA WAR The people revolt: America

WND EXCLUSIVE

CALLS TO CONGRESS 499 TO 1 AGAINST SYRIA WAR

The people revolt: Americans tell 22 lawmakers 'no' to military action

Published: 12 hours ago
    By Garth Kant and Chelsea Schilling

Americans are slamming at least 22 members of Congress with thousands of phone calls and emails, urging lawmakers not to approve a military strike on Syria by a margin of as much as 499 to 1.

A national debate is raging on Twitter. Tweets and statements from members of Congress both Democrat and Republican show tremendously strong opposition to President Obama’s call for an air strike on Syria:
    Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Wash., tweeted, “Calls and emails from my constituents is 100 to 1 AGAINST getting involved in Syria. The American people are speaking.”

Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., said 99 percent of the calls his office oppose an attack.

Rep. Andy Harris, R-Md., said, “Constituents who have contacted my office by phone or mail oppose action in Syria 523-4 so far.”

Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., tweeted, “My phones are blowing up, and an overwhelming amount of constituents oppose U.S. military intervention in Syria.”

Rep. Matt Salmon, R-Ariz., tweeted, “Syria constituent calls 489-2 against.”

Rep. Shelley Capito, R-W.V., said of “about 1,000 calls to my office, maybe 5 are for.”

Rep. Vern Buchanan, R-Fla., said calls and emails to his offices are 600 to 9 against striking Syria.

Contact Congress and let your lawmakers know how you feel about authorizing President Obama to strike Syria.

Rep. Tim Griffin, R-Ark., tweeted, “FYI: Received 75 calls/emails from constituents today so far on Syria. All 75 opposed to military action.”

Rep. Steve Chabot, R-Ohio, said he is getting swamped with phone calls and on-the-street comments from constituents telling him to oppose a strike on Syria.

Rep. Rand Paul, R-Ky., said, “I’m told the phone calls are 9 out of 10 against a strike in Syria, from my constituents in Kentucky.”

Rep. Ralph Hall, R-Texas: “I have received hundreds of calls and letters from constituents expressing strong opposition.”

Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., tweeted, “My office has been inundated with constituent phone calls and emails about Syria. Virtually unanimous opposition to military intervention.”

Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, tweeted, “So far about 500 emails regarding Syria. 499 say NO and 1 say YES go to war” and “Hundreds of calls to our Provo and Washington, D.C., office. So far not a single call in favor of bombing Syria.”

Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Ariz., tweeted, “The phones in my office are ringing off the hook and mail is flowing in. Almost all of the people are opposed to intervention in Syria.”

Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, tells WND his office is hearing the same overwhelming opposition to intervention.

Rep. Brad Sherman, D-Calif., said, “I don’t know a member of Congress whose e-mails and phone calls are in favor of [bombing Syria.]”

Rep. Steve Southerland, R-Fla., said 96 percent of his emails and phone calls are from constituents who want to express their opposition to military action. He said, “Overwhelmingly, we are hearing pushback from our citizens against military intervention in Syria.”

Rep. Jeff Duncan, R-S.C., said he’s heard no support from his constituents for striking Syria: “I have not had a single person, not a single person, in over 92 Facebook posts just a little while ago in a question we posed, having a single constituent or a South Carolinian saying let’s go to war in Syria.”

Sen. Angus King, I-Maine, said “a very high percentage” of the constituents contacting his office have been against U.S. involvement in Syria. He estimated that 90 percent of more than 1,000 calls and emails from Americans have been urging him not to support intervention.

Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., said, “I can tell you that in my office, the phones are bopping off the hook there. And almost unanimously people are opposed to what the president is talking about.”

Rep. Ted Yoho, R-Fla., told the House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing he and his constituents say “not just no, but heck no!” to Syria intervention.

Rep. Justin Amash, R-Mich., tweeted, “I’ve been hearing a lot from members of our armed forces. The message I consistently hear: Please vote no on military action against Syria.”

Members of the military post photos of themselves to Facebook in protest of Syria action (Photo: Armed Forces Tea Party)

(Photo: Armed Forces Tea Party)

Meanwhile, U.S. men and women in the military are taking to social media to anonymously demand that the Obama administration refrain from sending them to fight Syria.

Uniformed military members posted photos of themselves on Facebook with paper messages covering their faces, declaring:

• “I didn’t join the Marine Corps to fight for al-Qaida in a Syrian civil war.”
    • “I didn’t sign up to kill the poor for the rich. No war in Syria!”
    • “Obama, I will not deploy to fight for your al-Qaida rebels in Syria. WAKE UP, PEOPLE!”
    • “I didn’t join the Navy to fight for al-Qaida in a Syrian civil war.”

WND’s own unscientific poll
    now shows Americans are overwhelmingly opposed to military action in Syria by a 78 to 1 ratio.

SHOULD CONGRESS GIVE OBAMA AUTHORITY TO ATTACK SYRIA?

• Yes, the U.S. should do everything possible to topple Bashar Assad's regime
    • Yes, this is a humanitarian mission of the highest order
    • Yes, Syria's use of chemical weapons must be stopped at all costs
    • Yes, the U.S. will never be taken seriously again if we don’t back up our posturing
    • Yes, House Speaker John Boehner is right: Only the U.S. has the capability to stop Assad
    • Yes, how can anyone look at innocent, suffering children and not act?
    • Yes, even the Republican leadership is in favor of it. Bipartisanship has finally come to Washington
    • Yes, John Kerry says the U.S. has evidence of Syria's sarin use, and I believe him
    • Yes, it might help distract the media from all their so-called 'scandal' coverage and the impeachment movement
    • Yes, the U.S. has to stop abuses like governments gassing their own people
    • Yes, Syria's chemical weapons likely came from Iraq while it was ruled by Saddam Hussein. The U.S. must not let them get away again
    • Yes, Congress should give the OK so Obama can continue making a buffoon of himself
    • No, U.S. military action might not even have a real effect. The regime could use the affair as propaganda to stoke anti-Western sentiment
    • No, there are no vital national security interests at stake in Syria
    • No, the U.S. had more support going into the Iraq war, and look how that turned out
    • No, not one drop of American soldiers' blood should be shed in Syria
    • No, we have enough problems here to worry about
    • No, we're already broke. How can we afford a war?
    • No, didn't we learn our lesson from Egypt and Libya?
    • No, we're supporting the wrong side!
    • No, both sides are evil – but the current regime is better than what's coming if it's overthrown
    • No, Americans are overwhelmingly opposed to new overseas military intervention
    • No, let's pick our fights intelligently. This would be a weak, ineffective, face-saving, limited bombing of Syrians to maintain our credibility
    • No, Obama still hasn't provided proof it was Assad who used chemical weapons
    • No, this Syrian misadventure threatens to put the U.S. on a very perilous collision course with Russia, China and Iran
    • No, this will be the beginning of World War III
    • Other

http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/calls-to-...nst-syria-war/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

SHOULD CONGRESS GIVE OBAMA AUTHORITY TO ATTACK SYRIA?

• No, this will be the beginning of World War III (18%, 450 Votes)
    • No, this Syrian misadventure threatens to put the U.S. on a very perilous collision course with Russia, China and Iran (17%, 416 Votes)
    • No, there are no vital national security interests at stake in Syria (12%, 293 Votes)
    • No, both sides are evil – but the current regime is better than what's coming if it's overthrown (11%, 276 Votes)
    • No, Obama still hasn't provided proof it was Assad who used chemical weapons (9%, 229 Votes)
    • No, let's pick our fights intelligently. This would be a weak, ineffective, face-saving, limited bombing of Syrians to maintain our credibility (8%, 206 Votes)
    • No, not one drop of American soldiers' blood should be shed in Syria (7%, 177 Votes)
    • No, Americans are overwhelmingly opposed to new overseas military intervention (5%, 114 Votes)
    • No, didn't we learn our lesson from Egypt and Libya? (3%, 66 Votes)
    • No, U.S. military action might not even have a real effect. The regime could use the affair as propaganda to stoke anti-Western sentiment (3%, 66 Votes)
    • No, we're supporting the wrong side! (2%, 54 Votes)
    • No, we have enough problems here to worry about (2%, 52 Votes)
    • No, we're already broke. How can we afford a war? (1%, 26 Votes)
    • Other (less than 1%, 19 Votes)
    • No, the U.S. had more support going into the Iraq war, and look how that turned out (less than 1%, 8 Votes)
    • Yes, Congress should give the OK so Obama can continue making a buffoon of himself (less than 1%, 8 Votes)
    • Yes, the U.S. should do everything possible to topple Bashar Assad's regime (less than 1%, 5 Votes)
    • Yes, it might help distract the media from all their so-called 'scandal' coverage and the impeachment movement (less than 1%, 3 Votes)
    • Yes, Syria's chemical weapons likely came from Iraq while it was ruled by Saddam Hussein. The U.S. must not let them get away again (less than 1%, 3 Votes)
    • Yes, the U.S. has to stop abuses like governments gassing their own people (less than 1%, 2 Votes)
    • Yes, this is a humanitarian mission of the highest order (less than 1%, 2 Votes)
    • Yes, the U.S. will never be taken seriously again if we don’t back up our posturing (less than 1%, 2 Votes)
    • Yes, John Kerry says the U.S. has evidence of Syria's sarin use, and I believe him (less than 1%, 1 Votes)
    • Yes, Syria's use of chemical weapons must be stopped at all costs (less than 1%, 1 Votes)
    • Yes, House Speaker John Boehner is right: Only the U.S. has the capability to stop Assad (0%, 0 Votes)
    • Yes, how can anyone look at innocent, suffering children and not act? (0%, 0 Votes)
    • Yes, even the Republican leadership is in favor of it. Bipartisanship has finally come to Washington (0%, 0 Votes)

Total Voters: 2,479

Vote

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WND RELATED STORIES

U.N. warns 'historic' refugee crisis building in Syria
    Famous 1971 anti-war activist transforms into hawk
    Obama opened up billions in business for Assad
    Assad 'will disappear' if Israel attacked
    Obama critics still ask for 'smoking gun' in Syria
    This war hawk pushing Obama to bomb Syria
    Heckle this! Kerry gets taste of own medicine
    Rush: Syrians gassed with help from U.S.?
    Sarah Palin jumps into Syria dispute
    Savage: Israel's hand in Obama speech
    Iran's ex-prez: Assad was the gasser, or not
    Syria still prepping for 'surprise' Obama strike
    Biblical doom of Damascus 'right before our eyes'
    Senator Obama would impeach President Obama
    Video: Obama authorizes military strike on Syria
    Syria attack: 'If it comes, it comes tonight'
    Al-Qaida to storm into Syria if U.S. strikes?
    Controversial military doctrine has 'constitutional problems'
    Imminent attack on Assad feels like déjà vu
    War in Syria impeachable, unconstitutional?
    Israel, Jordan under Syrian missile threat
    Lawmakers warn Obama to consult on Syria
    Iran, N. Korea run operations room in Syria
    Syrian leadership expects attack from U.S.
    Evidence: Syria gas attack work of U.S. allies
    Greatest threat to U.S.: These 6,000 jihadists
    Islamists decide to back Syrian uprising
    Syria 'used Chinese intel to bomb' U.S. arms shipment
    Exposed: Syria's backroom deal with Russia
    VIDEO: Syrian 'rebels' behead man, execute 2 women
    N. Korea rebuilding damaged Syrian missiles
    Iran commander warns Obama on Syria
    Syrian forces training to storm Israel's border
    Syrian rebels to Christians: Flee or die!
    Turkey unrest 'payback' for fueling Syria insurgency?
    Syria: Game-changing missiles already deployed
    'Big mistake' for Israel to downplay missiles to Syria
    Assad: We already have S-300 missiles
    McCain's rebel host in Syria leads al-Qaida-allied council
    Syrian civil war spills into Lebanon
    Claim: More game-changing missiles reach Syria
    Syria helped by Israeli bombing?
    Syria 'to open borders' for flood of terror
    Shock claim: Israeli strike timed with Syria rebels
    Iran, Syria prep retaliation for Israeli airstrikes
    Obama, Hamas helping same side?
    Obama OK with American joining al-Qaida?
    Syrian rebels to hold unusual, immediate meeting
    Report: U.S. training Syrian rebels
    U.S. to instigate insurgency in Lebanon?
    Obama to change course on Syria?

Banned
    Members of the military post photos of themselves to Facebook in protest of Syria action (Photo: Armed Forces Tea Party)

Meanwhile, U.S. men and women in the military are taking to social media to anonymously demand that the Obama administration refrain from sending them to fight Syria.

Uniformed military members posted photos of themselves on Facebook with paper messages covering their faces, declaring:

• “I didn’t join the Marine Corps to fight for al-Qaida in a Syrian civil war.”
    • “I didn’t sign up to kill the poor for the rich. No war in Syria!”
    • “Obama, I will not deploy to fight for your al-Qaida rebels in Syria. WAKE UP, PEOPLE!”
    • “I didn’t join the Navy to fight for al-Qaida in a Syrian civil war.”

WND’s own unscientific poll now shows Americans are overwhelmingly opposed to military action in Syria by a 78 to 1 ratio.

Banned

Joe the Plumber

We need to be at war with Syria like we need a third term of President Obama.

Banned
    Overpasses for Obama's Impeachment

Say 'No' to Obama's War

Congress MUST hear from every American who doesn't want to see a single drop of American blood spilled in a Syrian civil war, where there is no national interest, to save the credibility of a corrupt and arrogant president.

Please sign and send this urgent national petition to your Member of Congress: Vote "No" on Obama's Syrian War!

Sign Here & Your Petition Will Be Emailed Directly to Your Members of Congress: http://action.reviveusa.com/11368/te...as-syrian-war/

Last edited by kathyet2; 09-05-2013 at 09:07 AM.

Banned
    1 Million Moms & Women For The 2nd Amendment shared Start Impeachment Now's photo.

And just when we thought this government couldn't get any worse..... -Katniss

An Emergency Message to All American Patriots
    See This Video At Once Otherwise You’ll Hate Yourself Later On
    www.startimpeachmentnow.com

Banned
    Overpasses for Obama's Impeachment

BOEHNER MUST GO!

Read WHAT ELSE John Kerry says is going to happen if the U.S. intervenes in Syria --> http://goo.gl/MHvzDq

http://goo.gl/MHvzDq" height="320" width="320">

Last edited by kathyet2; 09-05-2013 at 09:52 AM.

Banned
    Syria: Calling Out Congress Posted by Joe Wurzelbacher on Sep 4, 2013
    We at JoeForAmerica are dedicated to advancing cutting-edge issues, news, reports and opinion in the world of conservative America – as well as the organization and promotion of aggressive grassroots activism. As a part of our always vigilant efforts to keep our readership fully informed, we’ve contacted House and Senate Republicans in an effort to determine where they stand on the president’s requested military intervention in Syria. This undertaking is a huge task, but we at JoeForAmerica believe a decision to use direct U.S. military force in the Syrian civil war as punishment for an alleged chemical weapons attack by the Syrian government, carries with it ramifications which deserve the country’s full participation. Here is the current tally of Republican Congressional members stated positions… The following House members are opposed (at the time of this notification) to the president’s request

The following House members are opposed (at the time of this notification) to the president’s request: Name District Phone Alexander, Rodney Louisiana 5th District 202-225-8490 Bachmann, Michele Minnesota 6th District 202-225-2331 Broun, Paul C. Georgia 10th District 202-225-4101 Campbell, John California 45th District 202-225-5611 Coble, Howard North Carolina 6th District 202-225-3065 DesJarlais, Scott Tennessee 4th District 202-225-6831 Ellmers, Renee North Carolina 2nd District 202-225-4531 Fleming, John Louisiana 4th District 202-225-2777 Hall, Ralph M. Texas 4th District 202-225-6673 Jones, Walter B. North Carolina 3rd District 202-225-3415 Marino, Tom Pennsylvania 10th District 202-225-3731 Massie, Thomas Kentucky 4th District 202-225-3465 McKinley, David West Virginia 1st District 202-225-4172 Nugent, Richard Florida 11th District 202-225-1002 Nunes, Devin California 22nd District 202-225-2523 Paulsen, Erik Minnesota 3rd District 202-225-2871 Posey, Bill Florida 8th District 202-225-3671 Ross, Dennis Florida 15th District 202-225-1252 Tipton, Scott Colorado 3rd District 202-225-4761

The following House members support the president’s request: Name District Phone Boehner, John A. Ohio 8th District 202-225-6205 Cantor, Eric Virginia 7th District 202-225-2815 Grimm, Michael New York 11th District 202-225-3371 Kinzinger, Adam Illinois 16th District 202-225-3635

Undecided: Name District Phone Barton, Joe Texas 6th District 202-225-2002 Bilirakis, Gus M. Florida 12th District 202-225-5755 Blackburn, Marsha Tennessee 7th District 202-225-2811 Bridenstine, Jim Oklahoma 1st District 202-225-2211 Cole, Tom Oklahoma 4th District 202-225-6165 Daines, Steve Montana At-Large 202-225-3211 Diaz-Balart, Mario Florida 25th District 202-225-4211 Gingrey, Phil Georgia 11th District 202-225-2931 Gosar, Paul A. Arizona 4th District 202-225-2315 Griffin, Tim Arkansas 2nd District 202-225-2506 Hartzler, Vicky Missouri 4th District 202-225-2876 Issa, Darrell California 49th District 202-225-3906 Johnson, Bill Ohio 6th District 202-225-5705 Kingston, Jack Georgia 1st District 202-225-5831 Labrador, Raul R. Idaho 1st District 202-225-6611 McKeon, Buck California 25th District 202-225-1956 Pearce, Steve New Mexico 2nd District 202-225-2365 Pittenger, Robert North Carolina 9th District 202-225-1976 Pompeo, Mike Kansas 4th District 202-225-6216 Rogers (MI), Mike Michigan 8th District 202-225-4872 Rokita, Todd Indiana 4th District 202-225-5037 Royce, Ed California 39th District 202-225-4111 Scott, Austin Georgia 8th District 202-225-6531 Shimkus, John Illinois 15th District 202-225-5271 Smith, Jason Missouri 8th District 202-225-4404 Stutzman, Marlin Indiana 3rd District 202-225-4436 Walden, Greg Oregon 2nd District 202-225-6730 Westmoreland, Lynn A. Georgia 3rd District 202-225-5901 Womack, Steve Arkansas 3rd District 202-225-4301 Young, Todd Indiana 9th District 202-225-5315

The breakdown in the Senate is as follows: Opposed: Last Name District Phone Cornyn (R-TX) (202) 224-2934 Inhofe (R-OK) (202) 224-4721 Moran (R-KS) (202) 224-6521

Support: Last Name District Phone Isakson (R-GA) (202) 224-3643 Undecided: Last Name District Phone Johnson (R-WI) (202) 224-5323 Corker (R-TN) (202) 224-3344 Crapo (R-ID) (202) 224-6142 Enzi (R-WY) (202) 224-3424 Graham (R-SC) (202) 224-5972 Hatch (R-UT) (202) 224-5251 Lee (R-UT) (202) 224-5444 McConnell (R-KY) (202) 224-2541 Murkowski (R-AK) (202) 224-6665 Paul (R-KY) (202) 224-4343 Portman (R-OH) (202) 224-3353 Rubio (R-FL) (202) 224-3041 Sessions (R-AL) (202) 224-4124 Thune (R-SD) (202) 224-2321

We will keep this list updated as our Congress Critters continue to weigh in, but it takes a true groundswell to have an effect on our elected officials. This is where you come in: It is imperative you contact your Congressman or any Congressman – especially those on the fence in this matter – and urge them to join the side of caution and restraint where it concerns US military force in this region. Polls are consistently running five, six and as much as ten to one against the President directly intervening militarily in Syria. The chances of escalation are high and will at minimum exacerbate civilian suffering and embolden Al Qaeda – and in a much worse case, draw Iran, Russia or even China into active involvement in the conflict. First step is to be heard is by voting in the poll at JoeForAmerica: http://joeforamerica.com/ (scroll down on the right-side to vote) Then begin contacting members of Congress and urging their active resistance to this flawed and avoidable intervention. As this effort progresses, we’ll continue to bring you up-to-date reports and movements by the Administration and members of Congress where it concerns this critically important matter before us. And don’t forget to check in often during this 24-hour news cycle to www.JoeForAmerica.com to keep apprised of any new developments.

Thanks; The Staff at JoeForAmerica

Read more at http://joeforamerica.com/2013/09/syr...vSgpRyoUf7S.99

Last edited by kathyet2; 09-05-2013 at 09:53 AM.

The People Revolt: CALLS TO CONGRESS 499 TO 1 AGAINST SYRIA WAR

September 05, 2013

(by Garth Kant and Chelsea Schilling, WND) -- Americans are slamming at least 24 members of Congress with thousands of phone calls and emails, urging lawmakers not to approve a military strike on Syria by a margin of as much as 499 to 1.

A national debate is raging on Twitter. Tweets and statements from members of Congress both Democrat and Republican show tremendously strong opposition to President Obama’s call for an air strike on Syria:

Rep. Jim McDermott, D-Wash., tweeted, “Calls and emails from my constituents is 100 to 1 AGAINST getting involved in Syria. The American people are speaking.”
    Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., said 99 percent of the calls his office oppose an attack.
    Rep. Andy Harris, R-Md., said, “Constituents who have contacted my office by phone or mail oppose action in Syria 523-4 so far.”
    Rep. Thomas Massie, R-Ky., tweeted, “My phones are blowing up, and an overwhelming amount of constituents oppose U.S. military intervention in Syria.”
    Rep. Matt Salmon, R-Ariz., tweeted, “Syria constituent calls 489-2 against.”
    Rep. Shelley Capito, R-W.V., said of “about 1,000 calls to my office, maybe 5 are for.”
    Rep. Vern Buchanan, R-Fla., said calls and emails to his offices are 600 to 9 against striking Syria.
    Contact Congress and let your lawmakers know how you feel about authorizing President Obama to strike Syria.
    Rep. Tim Griffin, R-Ark., tweeted, “I received 225 emails via www.griffin.house.gov website over the weekend regarding Syria, and out of the 225 only 3 support U.S. military action against Syria.”
    Rep. Steve Chabot, R-Ohio, said he is getting swamped with phone calls and on-the-street comments from constituents telling him to oppose a strike on Syria.
    Rep. Rand Paul, R-Ky., said, “I’m told the phone calls are 9 out of 10 against a strike in Syria, from my constituents in Kentucky.”
    Rep. Ralph Hall, R-Texas: “I have received hundreds of calls and letters from constituents expressing strong opposition.”
    Rep. Michele Bachmann, R-Minn., tweeted, “My office has been inundated with constituent phone calls and emails about Syria. Virtually unanimous opposition to military intervention.”
    Rep. Jason Chaffetz, R-Utah, tweeted, “So far about 500 emails regarding Syria. 499 say NO and 1 say YES go to war” and “Hundreds of calls to our Provo and Washington, D.C., office. So far not a single call in favor of bombing Syria.”
    Rep. Paul Gosar, R-Ariz., tweeted, “The phones in my office are ringing off the hook and mail is flowing in. Almost all of the people are opposed to intervention in Syria.”
    Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah, tells WND his office is hearing the same overwhelming opposition to intervention.
    Rep. Brad Sherman, D-Calif., said, “I don’t know a member of Congress whose e-mails and phone calls are in favor of [bombing Syria.]”
    Rep. Steve Southerland, R-Fla., said 96 percent of his emails and phone calls are from constituents who want to express their opposition to military action. He said, “Overwhelmingly, we are hearing pushback from our citizens against military intervention in Syria.”
    Rep. Jeff Duncan, R-S.C., said he’s heard no support from his constituents for striking Syria: “I have not had a single person, not a single person, in over 92 Facebook posts just a little while ago in a question we posed, having a single constituent or a South Carolinian saying let’s go to war in Syria.”
    Sen. Angus King, I-Maine, said “a very high percentage” of the constituents contacting his office have been against U.S. involvement in Syria. He estimated that 90 percent of more than 1,000 calls and emails from Americans have been urging him not to support intervention.
    Sen. Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., said, “I can tell you that in my office, the phones are bopping off the hook there. And almost unanimously people are opposed to what the president is talking about.”
    Rep. Ted Yoho, R-Fla., told the House Foreign Affairs Committee hearing he and his constituents say “not just no, but heck no!” to Syriaintervention.
    Rep. Alan Lowenthal, D-Calif., has received more than 653 e-mails, phone calls and social-media. Only 11 of the comments favored strikes.
    Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., admitted her constituents’ calls were “overwhelmingly negative” over a possible Syria intervention, but she added, “They don’t know what I know.”
    Rep. Justin Amash, R-Mich., tweeted, “I’ve been hearing a lot from members of our armed forces. The message I consistently hear: Please vote no on military action against Syria.”

Read more via WND...

h
    ttp://www.redflagnews.com/headlines/the-people-revolt-calls-to-congress-499-to-1-against-syria-war

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast