Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing Act - Ooops, the Dream Act

The Dream Act a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

On the surface, it appears that Dreamers want Americans to subsidize their college educations.

As Americans, higher education is part of our value system so we are compelled to make sure everyone has access to college and that they are able to reach their full potential as individuals.

The Dreamers claim they need college educations so they can better their lives, increase their earning potential and achieve higher incomes in the future. Also, Dream Act supporters will remind you about the future contributions these Dreamers will make to the American economy.

Sure, that sounds fair, reasonable and compassionate but it is the sheep that will lure some in.

The Dream Act is actually just sheep’s clothing because amnesty is essential to the promised contribution to the economy, or should I say, the hollow justification for educating the Dreamers.

The path to citizenship element cannot be separated from the Dream Act; otherwise, American taxpayers will be discounting college degrees for foreign nationals that cannot legally work in the US.

Americans cannot logically agree to educate illegal aliens, unless they are willing to give them amnesty and subsequently through chain migration, visas to their illegal alien family members that brought them here.

Currently, Dreamers are growing up and graduating from high school and they are not legally employable.

Dreamers are not children that need educations; they are illegal aliens that want amnesty.

Dream on Dreamers, we see that you are wolves.

by Dixie Jones

www.alipac.us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great Op-Ed piece, Dixie! Please, please send to newspapers as letter to the editor.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    The Dream Act is really a wolf because amnesty is essential to the promised contribution to the economy, or should I say the hollow justification for educating the Dreamers.
    They shouldn't be here to begin with...ENFORCE OUR EXISTING IMMIGRATION LAWS!!!!!!!!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

April
    WELL SAID, Dixie!!!!!

If I read this correctly and get through the double talk such as, "long-term resident immigrants" which is waffling politician talk for illegal alien, Hutchison appears ready to vote for the Dream Act, so as she says to not endanger military pay raises. She brings up the fact that Pretty Boy Perry likes the illegals so much, that he signed into law instate tuition against federal laws. So I guess this makes it fine and dandy for all states to give instate tuition and Amnesty to these "long-term resident immigrants" .
    -----------------
    Forwarded Message:
    Subj: Constituent Response From Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison
    Date: Central Daylight Time
    To:
    Received from Internet: click here for more information

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me regarding in-state tuition for long-term resident immigrants. I welcome your thoughts and comments on this issue.

On March 1, 2007, Congressman Howard Berman (D-CA) introduced H.R. 1275, the American Dream Act. This legislation would allow states to offer in-state tuition rates to long-term resident immigrant students. Specifically, it seeks to repeal a provision in the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996 which requires states providing in-state tuition to undocumented immigrants to offer the same benefits to out-of-state residents.

A similar measure, S. 774, the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act of 2007, was introduced by Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL) on March 6, 2007, and has been referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee, on which I do not serve. This measure would also allow certain long-term residents who entered the U.S. as children to have their immigration or residency status adjusted to conditional permanent residents or permanent residents. Senator Durbin also introduced the DREAM Act as an amendment to H.R. 1585, the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2008. I believe the Senate should focus on passing the Defense Authorization bill quickly so that our troops can get the pay raise they deserve, and debate on this bill should not be delayed by discussion on the DREAM Act. As the Senate continues to discuss this issue, you may be certain I will keep your views in mind.

On June 17, 2001, Texas began allowing nonresident students who have graduated from a Texas high school and resided in the state for at least three years to qualify for in-state tuition. These students are also eligible for state financial aid programs such as the Texas Public Educational Grant Program and the Students Incentive Grant Program.

I appreciate hearing from you and hope you will not hesitate to keep in touch on any issue of concern to you.

Sincerely,
    Kay Bailey Hutchison

Please do not reply to this message. If you have additional comments, send your remarks through Senator Hutchison's website at http://hutchison.senate.gov/. Thank you.=

Very good letter Dixie.

Quote Originally Posted by zeezil
    Great Op-Ed piece, Dixie! Please, please send to newspapers as letter to the editor.
    Hey! Good suggestion zeezil!

MrStacy,

You don't know what she is going to do until the vote is cast. You can call her office and get one answer and she will turn around and do the opposite. Yea, lots of open ended and unclear statements fill her letters.

"resident immigrant" No Kay, they are illegal aliens.

Dixie

Re: The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing Act - Ooops, the Dream Act

Is it alright if we use this to spead around Dixie?

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    The Dream Act

On the surface, it appears that the Dreamers want Americans to subsidize and pay for their education.

As Americans, higher education is part of our value system so we are compelled to make sure everyone has access to college and that they are able to reach their full potential as individuals.

The Dreamers claim that they need college educations so they can better their lives, increase their earning potential and achieve higher incomes in the future. Also, the Dream Act supporters will tell you all about the future contributions these Dreamers will make to the American economy.

Sure, that sounds fair, reasonable and compassionate and it looks like a sheep, which will sucker some people in.

However, the path to citizenship element can not be separated from the Dream Act, otherwise, American taxpayers will be providing college degrees to foreign nationals that are not able to work legally in the US.

The Dream Act is really a wolf because amnesty is essential to the promised contribution to the economy, or should I say the hollow justification for educating the Dreamers.

You cannot logically agree to educate illegal aliens, unless you are willing to give them amnesty and subsequently, visas to the illegal alien family members that brought them here.

Currently, the Dreamers are coming out of high school and cannot legally work in the US. Dreamers are not children that need educations; they are illegal aliens that want amnesty.

Dream on Dreamers, we see you for what you are.

Dixie

Just my two cents.
    "We are being destroyed from within"

Sure TexasGal I cleaned it up a little and I replaced my original post with the revised copy. Please give Dixie credit. You could add a link back to alipac too!

I edited my original post.

Dixie