Like Tree2Likes

Thread: World To Watch Donald Trump Takes Center Stage With First Foreign Policy

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

World To Watch Donald Trump Takes Center Stage With First Foreign Policy

World To Watch At Noon As Donald Trump Takes Center
    Stage With First Foreign Policy Speech

I was traveling for business as the news came in last night, so I had to listen to the talk circuit on satellite radio as I drove. The fascinating
    thing about the conversations, whether it was on Fox, CNN, MSNBC or Bloomberg, all any of them could talk about was Donald Trump. Even
    when the liberals discussed Hillary's win over Sanders, it was in light of the Trump victory. It was a truly galvanizing moment.

by Geoffrey Grider
    April 27, 2016

World to watch as Trump outlines his foreign policy

“And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that
    know understanding:”
    Daniel 2:21 (KJV)

Last night, Donald Trump did not meet expectations, he obliterated them. As the vote tallies came in across the board late Tuesday, it was crystal
    clear that Trump won all 5 states with record-settings numbers. Not less than 60%+ anywhere you look. It also signaled the stone-cold end of the
    Ted Cruz run as well. Call him eliminaTED.

I was traveling for business as the news came in last night, so I had to listen to the talk circuit on satellite radio as I drove. The fascinating thing about
    the conversations, whether it was on Fox, CNN, MSNBC or Bloomberg, all any of them could talk about was Donald Trump. Even when the liberals
    discussed Hillary’s win over Sanders, it was in light of the Trump victory. It was a truly galvanizing moment. Now the Trump star will rise to dizzying heights
    with today’s foreign policy speech.

LIVE Stream: Donald Trump Speaks on Foreign Policy in Washington, DC (4-27-16)

At Noon today, just about every single leader in every nation around the world will be tuning in to listen to what a Trump presidency will look and sound like.
    How is it possible that, in such a short time, Donald Trump could be in this position? Perhaps you need to consider the possibility that Trump is the man that
    God plans on installing to rule America.

Donald Trump Victory Speech Primary Night 4-26-2016

Donald Trump will set aside his bad-boy antics on Wednesday and, with the help of a teleprompter to keep him on message, outline what his foreign policies
    would be if he is elected U.S. president in November, campaign aides say.

Governments alarmed at the prospect of a Trump presidency will be paying close attention. Critics have accused the Republican front-runner of bigotry and
    posing a danger to U.S. national security.

Many foreign policy and defense advisers say his views are worrying, mingling isolationism and protectionism, with calls to force U.S. allies to pay more for their
    defense and proposals to impose punitive tariffs on some imported goods.

“Part of what I’m saying is we love our country and we love our allies, but our allies can no longer be taking advantage of this country,” Trump told reporters on
    Tuesday night in a speech preview.

He said he would focus on nuclear weapons as the single biggest threat in the world today. “I’m probably the last on the trigger,” Trump told ABC’s
    “Good Morning America” on Wednesday, citing his opposition to the Iraq war.

Trump, 69, said he agreed with President Barack Obama’s decision to send an additional 250 U.S. Special Forces into Syria but would not have made the decision
    public. “I would send them in quietly because right now they have a target on their back,” he told CNN.

He also said his speech would focus on the economics of foreign policy “because we’re getting killed on economics.”
    The billionaire businessman promises to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the United States and to build a wall to block off Mexico.

His policies are popular with many voters who want change, but foreign policy elites are concerned.

“It’s a perfect storm of isolationism, muscular nationalism, with a dash of pragmatism and realism,” said Aaron David Miller, a foreign policy scholar who has worked
    in Republican and Democratic administrations.

The speech at noon (1600 GMT) in a Washington hotel will address issues including global trade, economic and national security policies as well as building up the
    U.S. military, his campaign said.

It is expected to be the first in a series of policy speeches meant to show that Trump, fresh off a sweep of five Northeastern state nominating contests
    on Tuesday, is worthy of the White House even though he never held public office.

“He needs to show that he has the substance, the depth of knowledge and the vision to be the American commander in chief,” said Steve Schmidt, who was 2008
    Republican nominee John McCain’s campaign manager.

Trump’s biggest backer in Washington, Republican U.S. Senator Jeff Sessions, said the candidate would offer “a more restrained foreign policy, a more realistic foreign
    policy that counts the cost not only now but in the months and years to come.”

VIEWS POPULAR AT HOME

Driving much of Trump’s rhetoric is what he feels is the need to ease the U.S. financial burden overseas, focus more on nation-building at home and make sure American
    companies pay a price for outsourcing jobs to countries where labor is cheaper.

“His views are reckless and dangerous, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that they’re unpopular,” said Lanhee Chen, who advised former 2016 Republican candidate
    Marco Rubio and 2012 Republican nominee Mitt Romney. “That’s part of the challenge.”

Trump has declared the North Atlantic Treaty Organization obsolete and said European countries should be pulling more of their weight in the post-World War Two alliance.

Obama has for years urged Europeans to bolster their defense spending to help NATO, but unlike Trump has never said the alliance needs to be reconfigured. source

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/world...ill-look-like/

Honestly, his speech was great, but it's not how he best delivers a message to the people. I think the people pushing him to make these speeches should just leave him alone and let him put his energy into getting votes. We know enough about what he wants to do, the how to details and specifics are not relevant at this time, so my advice is don't waste his time. He could have done another rally in Indiana which to me is more important.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn