Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Worst cities to retire in AOL Today! Green Vallet Ariz. Why?

Green Valley, Ariz.
    Trouble in a Sheltered Community

This once idyllic retirement town is now facing a drug violence problem. It lies just 40 miles north of the Mexican border where gangs of bandits known as bajadores carry AK-47s and ambush trucks of smugglers sneaking up from Mexico.

Next: Worst Place No. 12

You know I have wondered about the areas closest to the border where snow birds go and some stay year round?

Tell us all of the 'worst places'.

It is just my suspicion, but I think part of the reason AZ is cracking down is because if the snow birds become frightened of too many illegals, drugs, and crime, they won't return to AZ.

There was a story that Mesa was one of the top 3 cities for murder or maybe crime in general and the FBI was going to help them.

I know from experience, when the snowbirds are not in Mesa, it's a ghost town almost.

No lines at the supermarket, restaurants, etc. No traffic jams. When they begin coming in - it is fascinating. It's almost like watching the tide come in.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I worked in Green Valley for 10 years. Retirees will have illegal aliens knock at their doors asking for help, food and rides to Tucson. They walk through the washes behind their houses and drop loads of garbage.

It is quite expensive to live and buy a house in Green Valley and they continue to build houses and there is a whole new development planned in Tubac and Soperi Ranch which is even closer to the border.

Throughout the time I worked there, I said that I would never live there. You don't run into this kind of daily exposure in Tucson like you do down there.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Crime concerns Arivaca residents
    By Jaime Richardson, Green Valley News
    Published: Saturday, December 15, 2007 9:58 PM MST
    A meeting will be held at the Arivaca Community Center on Monday evening, hosted by the Pima County Sheriff’s Department, to discuss the recent string of burglaries in the area.

The 7 p.m. meeting will be attended by representatives from the Pima County Sheriff’s Department’s Green Valley patrol district, its Border Crimes Unit, Burglary Unit and the U.S. Border Patrol.

Many of the break-ins are suspected to be linked with illegal migrant activity, according to reports.

“The purpose of the meeting is for community members to come together to get information about what’s going on in reference to the burglaries, and to develop a community plan on how to solve this problem,â€
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...