Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wrestler Grapples with Life After Both Parents Are Deported

Wrestler Grapples with Life After Both Parents Are Deported

By Michelle Macaluso, Junior Reporter & Fox News
    Published February 08, 2011

Arian Lucatero is the captain of his high school wrestling team and will likely compete for the California State Championship. For Arian, getting here hasn’t been so easy. He has been living without his parents for the last five years.

When Arian was in the seventh grade, officials discovered that his parents were in the United States illegally, and they were deported back to Mexico. Arian, who is a legal citizen of the U.S., decided to stay here in order to finish his education and earn a chance at a better life.

But for Arian, living alone without any support wasn’t easy. The city of Visalia has a huge gang presence and one of the highest teen pregnancy rates in the country. According to the most recent statistic, 26 percent of kids in the county dropped out of high school in 2008.

“I don’t think it’s anyone’s fault why my parents got deported. It’s just something that happened that I have to deal with now. It’s made me stronger,â€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Well he can go back with his parents and wrestle for a lesser organization of WWE down there and make a living that way on the other side of the border.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BillCunnane
    Well he can go back with his parents and wrestle for a lesser organization of WWE down there and make a living that way on the other side of the border.
    That is true

But until the supreme court changes it , he is a US citizen I presume (anchor baby)

His goal is to keep working and save half the money of every paycheck to send to his family in order to bring them back to America.

I’m still going to bring them back one day they will be here with me and things will be better again, said Lucatero.

Somehow I pretty much doubt this kid will wait for them to come back legally. But hey, at least the coyotes can still look forward to working..

And things will not be better
    As Aristotle said, “Tolerance and apathy are the first virtue of a dying civilization.â€