Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Write your Congressmen Now About the Dream Acts

I found this tonight trolling the La Raza site. I wanted to make sure I gave credit where credit was due.

It's bad enough that we educated the illegal aliens, now they want citizenship and a free ride through college. Remember, MEcha is trying to take over the Universities in California. Also, Isn't this preferential treatment based on race and nationality and therefore discrimination against the other Americans? Let's have free tuition for all!!!!!!!!! How ignorant is that?

NCLR Position

The National Council of La Raza (NCLR) urges passage of the “DREAM Act,” S. 2075, and the "American Dream Act," H.R. 5131. These bills, which provide a path to U.S. citizenship for hardworking and talented immigrant students who have been raised in the U.S., are critical to improving the pipeline from high school to college and providing meaningful employment for Latinos.

Each year, 65,000 undocumented students graduate from our nation’s high schools. Brought by their parents as young children, many have grown up in the United States, attended U.S. K-12 schools.

...in-state tuition rates, state and federal grants and loans, private scholarships, and the ability to work legally...

"If passed, the “Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act,” S. 2075, a bipartisan federal proposal led by Senators Richard Durbin (D-IL), Chuck Hagel (R-NE), and Richard Lugar (R-IN), would facilitate access to postsecondary educational opportunities for immigrant students in the United States who currently face barriers in pursuing a college education. (Meaning they are Illegal Aliens) The “DREAM Act” would also allow hardworking immigrant youth who have long resided in the U.S. the chance to adjust their status, (AMNESTY Allert!!!) enabling them..."(yes selective editing on my part)

The “DREAM Act” was introduced in the U.S. Senate in November 2005. Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL) is the sponsor of the bill, and the lead Republican cosponsors are Senators Chuck Hagel (R-NE) and Richard Lugar (R-IN). The Senate Judiciary Committee approved the "DREAM Act" as an amendment to the Committee's comprehensive immigration reform bill in March 2006 by a voice vote. While the Senate's plans for comprehensive immigration reform bill are unclear, the Senate Judiciary Committee can continue to ensure that the "DREAM Act" is approved as a stand-alone bill or attached to other moving vehicles.

I'm sure they are going to try to attatched to HR4437 or another strong passable Bill. WRITE the Senate about this NOW!!!!!!!

The House version, the “American Dream Act”, H.R. 5131 was introduced April 6, 2006, by Representatives Lincoln Diaz-Balart (R-FL), Howard Berman (D-CA), and Lucille Roybal-Allard (D-CA). The bill awaits consideration by the House Judiciary Committee, as well as the House Education and Workforce Committee.
    Get it squashed in Committee. Write you letters now to the House of Reps.!!!!!

Make note of the Congressional Representatives that are selling out America to Illegal Immigrants.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Remember those three names so they will be voted out.

It's important to pay attention to what all of them presently stand for so that they can be voted out in November.

The reason is, they are planning on waiting on this stuff until AFTER the elections so they don't have to face the wrath of the voters when they do pass it. They are counting on the American voters to keep them in office and THEN they will pass their amnesty and DREAM acts.

They've already shown their true colors. Every one of them who have expressed even the slightest interest in guest-worker programs or amnesty must be voted out. Also, those who say they don't have any opinion yet means they don't have the leadership skills to run this nation and should be voted out.

We need ALIPAC and the Minutemen to post a list of ONLY those who have said NO to amnesty and guest-worker programs, who have been left out on closed-door meetings with specially hand-picked Senators by Bush.

The lists need to be made prominent and, in the case of a forum, made "sticky" so they stay at the top. Otherwise, such lists will just continue to get buried pages deep.

Let us get the list, inform the public, and vote 'em out. We only have six months left to notify the "silent majority" who needs to be voted out.

I've seen a list of anti-amnesty politicians listed in another post on here, but I've already lost it!!! It needs to stay on TOP.
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

don't you know these Congressmen are upset this is an election year?

whenever legislation is introduced in Congress, it should have Constitutional authority cited supporting it
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Well I have to tell you Lugar is not listening to anyone, no one is running against him in this years, so he has nothing to worry about. He has been in office for 30 years and will be there for 6 more, there is nothing the citizens of Indiana can do, we have no recall in our constitution. I have contacted him both by phone and by email until I am blue in the face. He does not even have the courtesy to write back and when I call, they have no interest in what I have to say, they just want to know who is calling and what is your address, but still not even a letter from him. He has not lived in Indiana for 30 years, yet he represents us. He lives in the Washington, D.C. area. As far as he is concerned it is a lost cause. Our other senator Bayh is pro-illegal immigrant as well, but he will not be up for election for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by sawdust
    Well I have to tell you Lugar is not listening to anyone, no one is running against him in this years, so he has nothing to worry about. He has been in office for 30 years and will be there for 6 more, there is nothing the citizens of Indiana can do, we have no recall in our constitution. .
    he can be impeached ... if we can ever get Congress to remember a charge of treason is a guaranteed under the Constitution for the "enemies of the states"
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"