Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    That's the problem I have right now with most of the candidates that have been mentioned as potential candidates. The closer they get to election time, the more they APPEAR to move towards the center. I for one am NOT going to forget where they have been all along! That dog just won't hunt.
    So, you don't believe Hillary is actually going to get tough on illegal immigration? Lol

Voters really need to ignore the speeches and hop on the Internet to find out what they've done. There's no better predictor of future behavior than past behavior.
    "We have it in our power to begin the world over again." (Thomas Paine 1776 "Common Sense") "The cause of America is in great measure the cause of all mankind." ("Common Sense")

EXACTLY RIGHT!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Jeepers! You guys get WAY ahead of me with this time zone difference.

To me, at least, it shows that the person is SO BLINDED by a particular party that they don't BOTHER to investigate a candidate's record before they punch those buttons.
    Boy isn't that the truth, Bootsie. I get so angry when I hear some dimwit say, "I just vote straight "whatever. It is just plain lazy to do that if you ask me.

But just voting willy-nilly for a 3rd party can be equally dangerous. I remember a time in the late 70's or early 80's when a whole bunch of North Carolinians voted for a Nazi for governor because they didn't bother to check him out. Thank God the candidate didn't win but the newspapers, who at the time were pro-Democrat to the core, printed a whole page for the Democratic Candidates, a half page for the Republicans and a tiny paragraph for each of the rest. Now you tell me how it happened? If I remember right, either Hunt or Martin won that year and the candidate I mention was named Miller. People were mad at Hunt and Martin and they just voted for "the other guy." To me, the papers should have been printing volumes about the "other guy"'s involvement with the Nazis and the KKK because everone could hear the other two blowing their own horns.

I can't say that I see the two major parties as polar opposites, though. I see the majority of our elected officials and all of the appointed ones as "educated thieves" and "globalists." They may spew different political views but they have the same common goal--for the rich to get richer, the poor to get poorer and the middle class to be stamped out entirely.

As for the percentage of voter turnout. I still can't determine if "eligible" voters is based on the fact that they are registered to vote or just because they are old enough to vote.

Way too many people don't register at all but they are of legal age to vote. Some are convinced that they have to register either democrat or republican and they hate both parties. Some don't want to get "called for jury duty!" Some don't think their vote counts in light of the electoral college that they view as crooked. I have heard these excuses and a lot of others with my own ears from people who aren't registered. So another goal is going to be to convince people to register so that they CAN vote.

A lot of people who finally decided to vote in the last election blamed it on one party or the other when they went to the polls and weren't allowed to vote because they weren't registered, or they had moved since they last registered, or, or, or...........

Someone is going to have to get working now to educate those people and other potential voters so that this doesn't happen again. Someone is going to have to get working now to figure out a way to support the "Third Party" candidate financially so that we, the American people, can buy him just as much air time for our candidate(s) as the business men and special interests buy for the RNC and DNC candidates.

It was an interesting point that when the papers got involved people stopped voting but I can't quite buy it. Newspaper publishers played a major role in getting the American Revolution started. It just all depends on who is running the papers and how convincing they are. Plus, the percentage of people who read the newspaper dropped off when they started reading it to people on the 6 o'clock news that became the five and six o'clock news and, more recently in my area, the FOUR, five and six o'clock news. I guess they think people want to MEMORIZE the news. But mostly, I think people just learned to tune it all out like I tune out the commercials.

And it is also an interesting point that the internet just might be our savior next time around. Perhaps that is why the DNC and RNC are both so anxious to find ways to censor and levy taxes on it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh, and don't forget the TWENTY FOUR HOUR NEWS!!! NEWS saturation!

It's not the time zone difference that makes me get ahead! It's because I get up at some ungodly hour of the morning and go to bed at 7:30PM!! This morning, I was up at 1:40AM! It is not my CHOICE but that's the way it is! I get a lot done before daylight though!

You're right. We are going to have to start spreading the word about voting. I think that people MAY be so fed up after what Bush has done to this country that it MIGHT motivate a big turnout.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I'm usually up well before 6 AM but I'm still two hours behind most people by the time I get to the computer.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's true. I usually have to have a least one cup of coffee and a few cigarettes before I can get on the computer. Most of the time, it takes two CUPS and ONE PACK!

Oh, I come to the computer as soon as my hubby walks out the door to go to work--BEFORE that if he stalls around.

Judy and I think it an addiction.

Look which Congressmen are helping illegal Aliens

To all Americans & Legal Immigrants:

The following list of Congressman & Governors have consistently in the past or currently are actively aiding, abetting,encouraging and facilitating illegal immigration and illegal U.S. Border entry. These actions are in the form of creating legislation or in their consistent voting to violate America. This is based on actions witnessed in the past 5 years. Violating the very U.S. laws these Legislators are to uphold has brought a deficient mentality of accepted damage and harm to the United States in the form of a now continued scourge of millions of illegal Aliens leading to lawlessness.

The actions that describes aiding illegal immigration are: creating, voting for: any Amnesty, allowing use of the Mexican ID Card (matricular consular), less U.S. Border Patrol, less ability for law enforcement to arrest illegal Aliens, Blocking bills to enforce against or stop illegal immigration, calling for Driver Licenses to be given to illegal Aliens, stopping actions that would enforce law against the hiring of illegal Aliens by employers, Day Labor Centers, not funding enforcement measures or Border Patrol operations...etc.

These Congressman and Governors if not to uphold U.S. law then do NOT stand to repesent or stand for the United States but rather should go to work for the Mexican Congress or Mexican Govenorships if they want to assist illegal mexican Nationals or improve the mexican Country. Illegal Border entry and illegal immigration is no longer to be tolerated. Americans are no longer to PAY illegal Aliens to violate Americans. Please remember this list come election time.

Regardless of who the other candidate is or if the opposing candidate also supports illegal immigration, vote the incumbent out. Coming in 2006 is the 'VOTE OUT THE INCUMBENT DAY' for any Congressman that votes YES to pass a "temporary-guest worker program" (which is amnesty) - the McCain/Kennedy bill or Amnesty for illegal Aliens.

If the new candidate supports illegal immigration they can be dealt with later. This is NON-partisan, this is about the United States, Americans and Legal Immigrants. Do not vote based on Party line, your registered Party or ideology or any media talk. Please remember this list come election time.

The U.S. House :

Luis Gutierrez (D-IL), Bob Menendez (D-NJ), Chris Cannon (R-UT), Raul Grijalva (D-AZ), Jim Kolbe (R-AZ)Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Joe Baca (D-CA), Jeff Flake (R-AZ), Linda Sanchez (D-CA), Jane Harman (D-CA), Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX), Ileana Ros-Lehtinen (R-FL), David Price (D-NC), Carolyn Maloney (D-NY), Mark Udall (D-CO)

The U.S. Senate :

Richard Durbin (D-IL) Larry Craig (R-ID), Mel Martinez (R-FL), Ken Salazar (D-CO), Chuck Hagel (R-NE), Christpher Dodd (D-CT), John McCain (R-AZ), Edward Kennedy (D-MA), John Kerry (D-MA), Evan Bayh (D-IN), Joseph Lieberman (D-CT), Sam Brownback (R-KS), Arlen Specter (R-PA), Orrin Hatch (R-UT), Barbara Boxer (D-CA), Elizabeth Dole (R-NC)

Governors:

Bill Richardson (D-NM), Rod Blagojevich (R-IL), Bill Huckabee (R-AR), Janet Napolitano (D-AZ),
    Jim Huntsman (R-UT), John Baldacci (D-ME), Jeb Bush (R-FL)

They are now ZAPPED from MY list!!!! Or, maybe I should say I've put them ON MY LIST of people to harass with letters and calls!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast