Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Are you ready for some football?

Like most Americans I am an avid football fan. A truly American sport, there is no other like it in the world. Last nights game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles was marred by an advertisement for NFL Hispanic, which was entirely in Spanish with English subtitles. My disappointment over my beloved Eagles 41-37 loss to Dallas is overshadowed only by my indignation at this wonderful American Institution being tainted by an illegal alien presence in my nation, whose sole aim is complete and total takeover of this nation. ABC should be ashamed of itself for its collaboration in their effort. They will be getting a letter from me expressing my disgust.
    <div>
    </div>

We need to get Lou Dobbs and others to look into this. What is this, why do we need NFL Hispanic, what is wrong here. To celebrate Hispanics in an NFL context, sure, but why the Spanish? Yes this is indeed a takeover of our country. It is basically saying "sorry folks but get used to it, you are indeed being Hispanized and you better get used to it!"

If anything this is yet an example, proof positive, that assimilation into our country is NOT working. And why isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by alamb
    If anything this is yet an example, proof positive, that assimilation into our country is NOT working. And why isn't it?
    Because we allow them to not have to assimilate. When my grandfather came over from Austria in the 1920s he learned the language before he got here and never, and I mean never spoke anything other than English.
    "Ask not what your country can do for you but ask what you can do for your country"-John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by alamb
    Oh but it is working, slowly but surely we are assimilating to THEM. I am willing to bet my entire unemployment check that everyone on this board understands at least one Spanish word or phrase they did not know 20 years ago.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They had Spanish commercials during NFL games last season as well. As for the season so far it is great. My Bills are 2-0 and the Dolphins are 0-2 The only Dolphins game I will go to is when they play the Bills.

As for football we are getting more Hispanic kids playing in the South Florida Youth Football League. We have a team at the Police Athletic League and we are seeing more of them. The parents would come up to the concession stand and try to order in Spanish and get nowhere so now many of them send their children to get things. Even the Puerto Rican city employee who is around the concession stand once in a while makes them learn English. He seldom speaks Spanish and tells the Spanish speakers how to ask for what they want in English. They get angry with him at times and he will tell them in Spanish that if they want to live here then they need to learn how to speak English as they are in our country.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)