Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Are you wanted by the law? Find out at new Web site

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... s0112.html

Email this article Click to send
    Print this article Choose File Print or Ctrl P or Apple P
    Most emailed pages Today | This Week

Are you wanted by the law? Find out at new Web site

Judi Villa
    The Arizona Republic
    Jan. 12, 2007 04:26 PM

Are you wanted by the law?

Are you sure?

You might want to check the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office Web site to be sure, says Sheriff Joe Arpaio. The site lists 70,000 people with warrants for their arrest.

To see the list of wanted people, go to www.mcso.org and click on Techno-Cops.

"There are many, many people in this county who have warrants for them, and they don't know they have warrants," Arpaio said.

The online database, called Techno-Cops, first was unveiled a year ago with the names of 30,000 fugitives wanted for various crimes, including homicide, sexual assault, DUI and drug offenses. About 500 warrants have been cleared since then, Arpaio said.

Friday, the database was increased to include all 70,000 open warrants in the county. Misdemeanor warrants also are included.

The database can be searched by name or zip code, so people can turn in their friends and neighbors, too.

Some warrants date back to the 1970s. About 37 percent are for drug offenses. Ten percent are for moving violations.

Arpaio said he will send out his posse and deputies to track down fugitives who don't surrender themselves.

"You violate the law," Arpaio said, "you should go through the criminal justice system and pay your debt to society."

Email this article Click to send
    Print this article Choose File Print or Ctrl P or Apple P
    Most emailed pages Today | This Week
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Does it give the mexicans advance notice and instructions on how to get away?
    Maybe a box lunch and a GPS for the road.
    A Nation with no borders is not a Nation"
    --Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by UnemployedAmerican
    Does it give the mexicans advance notice and instructions on how to get away?
    Maybe a box lunch and a GPS for the road.
    Hell no this is in Maricopia County AZ where Sherrff Joe Arpaio "America's toughest sheriff" puts prisoners on chain gangs and in tents while they eat green baloney! Check out the web site www.mcso.org
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Oh oh!, Looks like I better cancell my vacation out there.

Fear the pink panties hey MD.

Dixie

Our last trip to protest at the day labor site here, I took two 3-ring binders full of wanted posters. when we laid them out on a table, you should have seen the horde of day laborers around it looking through every page. they spend like 20 minutes there. I was video taping it and you couldn't even see the table for the illegals. It kind of surprised me
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie

Fear the pink panties hey MD.

Dixie
    Only when I am the one who has to wear them,

Banned
    So Gondolla, you're saying they were looking for their own pics in there? That would be really funny if it wasn't so sad!

I remember a story about a guy that went to his daughters elementary school for a Police PR/safety talk, after the talk they all went out to look at the cop car and the officer was showing them the computer and how he could check peoples names on it, the kids had him punch in their names, then this guy asks him to run his name, it came back that he was wanted so the kids got to see a real arrest.
    Hopefully they learned from this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    So Gondolla, you're saying they were looking for their own pics in there? That would be really funny if it wasn't so sad!
    Actually, I don't really know what was driving them to look so intently. I'll post some video on it next week
    It will not be enough to send a letter. We will have to march on washington and dictate terms in the white house

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast