Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

When I first saw the weareracist.com website it seemed so amateur like, poorly written, superficial, and filled with enough false and likely actionable libelous statements that I wondered if LULAC really had anything to do with it. I thought it might even have been intended as a parody or spoof. So, I checked to see if the NBC4 article actually exists. It does, so LULAC is really sponsoring the site -- and, I would think therefore legally liable for the content, but I don't know that for sure.

For example, the first paragraph on the homepage reads:
    The following photos were taken of the Minute Men; an anti-immigrant group often affiliated with white supremacy groups, during the grand opening of the Herndon, Virginia Day Laborer Center.
    1. The pictures don't follow; they are accessed via a link to the left.
    2. The "Minute Men" group name is spelled "Minutemen".
    3. I think proper punctuation requires a comma rather than a semicolon after "Men".
    4. "Anti-immigrant" is largely false in connection with the Minutemen as their stated group mission, and that of the majority of the members, is to be opposed to the act of illegal immigration -- not opposed to immigrants.
    5. "often affiliated with white supremacy groups" would very likely be libelous. It may be possible, although denied and highly unlikely, that some people are members of both the Minutemen and white supremacy groups, but that is not affiliation.

Historically, people have made borders and strong defenses to keep strangers out, resulting in people developing unrealistic solutions that only serve to exacerbate anti-immigrant sentiments, legislation that prevents assimilation and the quality of life for people living within the United States.
    Can that even be translated into anything meaningful? It seems to be saying that nations have borders, but if anyone outside those borders wishes to ignore those borders then everyone inside the borders must ignore the borders too because to do otherwise would be an unrealistic solution (to something) that exacerbates anti-immigrant sentiments. Huh?

Those who oppose immigrants’ rights often blame immigration and immigrants for an array of social problems, from unemployment to the poor quality of public schools to urban sprawl and congestion. While such problems are all too real, blaming immigrants for causing them is a scapegoat that is ultimately rooted in racism as it serves to divide people who might otherwise make common cause. If you know anyone pictured on this website, please be advised that they are participating in the anti-immigrant movement
    Nobody has the right to immigrate to another country unless that country grants them the privilege to do so. So, "oppose immigrants' rights" really means a country exercising its sovereignty in controlling immigration. Excessive immigration does cause overburdening of schools, job loss and wage depression, and sprawl and congestion. There is a cause-effect relationship and objectively recognizing the cause is not scapegoating. Just because someone arrives at a conclusion that this writer or LULAC doesn't like doesn't mean that the ultimate cause or motivation was racism. (Although, I think it would be pretty safe to say that the ultimate motivation for LULAC's open border policy position is to benefit those who they see as members of their race above all else. Apparently, to them a racist is someone who stands in the way of their own racism.)
    *MIN.UTE.MEN n. def: racists, cowards, un-Americans, vigilantes, domestic terrorists.
    We just had a situation here where a local attorney sued a website because that website listed him as being "un-American" because the attorney opposed Bush and/or the Iraq war. This attorney either won the case or settled prior to court. Anyway, I believe he got $1, an apology, and his name removed from the site. The point being that you can't publicly smear whomever you want without some fact and logic to back it up.

It seems to me that the LULAC sponsored website is so bad, that maybe it is a good thing that it is there because it reveals what LULAC and groups like them really advocate. Hopefully, anybody with a half-open mind going there will see through the gibberish and realize what LULAC is about and they won't like it. I think the vast majority of Americans are opposed to open borders and therefore LULAC will not win many converts with this or their libelous statements. And, if we take it, this is probably a good opportunity to ask these companies if they really support what they are paying for and point out to them the vast majority of their customers don't support it and may well decide to do business elsewhere.

This is the link to the NBC4 story, which I don't think was posted before. It indicates that LULAC intends in the future to include pictures of Minutemen other than the Herndon group.

http://www.nbc4.com/news/5869186/detail.html

HERNDON, Va. -- The debate between the Herndon Minutemen and day laborers heats up with the arrival of a new controversial Web site.

The Herndon Minutemen is a group that conducts surveillance of day laborers in Herndon, Va.

"I am sure there are racists in this country, but they're not in my organization," said George Taplin, president of the Herndon Minutemen.

He is responding to a new Web site, weareracist.com. The site was created by LULAC, the League of United Latin American Citizens.

"We thought the best thing to do was to set it up as weareracist.com. We do believe this whole thing is racially motivated, to prevent low-income individuals from trying to feed their families," said Brent Wilkes, president of LULAC.

Wilkes said the Minutemen violate the civil rights of laborers and potential employers by recording license plate numbers and taking photographs to submit to local and state agencies, like the IRS.

Wilkes said photographs posted on LULAC's website capture Minutemen in action at the Herndon Day Laborer Center opening in December. He said the "we are racist Web site" turns the tables, and gives the Minutemen a taste of their own medicine.

"They can do whatever they want to do. It's not affecting us. It's not going to stop us," said Taplin.

Taplin contends that the Minutemen support legal immigrants, but illegal immigrants benefit from U.S. medical services and jobs, without paying taxes.

"As citizens we're responsible for maintaining the peace, maintaining the law and what we want to do is see the law enforced," said Taplin.

"They're amateurs; they're not law enforcement people. They should leave the law to law enforcement officers," said Wilkes.

The images that currently appear on LULAC's Web site were gathered locally. However, LULAC officials said the site will soon include pictures of Minutemen from across the country.

Copyright 2006 by nbc4.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

what is really scary is the long list of [traitor }corporate sponsers- Iam thinking about creating a printout to pass around-
    about corporate sponsership of illegal borderline terrorist groups- like this one-

Did you go to the PROTEST, Rebecca???
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Quote Originally Posted by Truism
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    well, good to support another group, but ultimately, it's their choice to sue, not yours.
    You know I think I have enough sense to know that. If you don't want to chip in that is no problem.
    So now you want to try and lay a guilt trip on me because I'm not just jumping on this "lets go sue them" bandwagon? Have you ever stopped to ask yourself if you talk a lot of talk and don't have no action, it's still just a lot of talk? You go spend some money trying to sue these people, make the ALI-PAC look like a bunch of idiots if you want. But I've YET to see anyone on here provide any legitimate reason why ALI-PAC, a non-Minutemen organization, suggest that they have the right to sue on behalf of the Minutemen.

You know, sometimes, people do have to take up for themselves, and in this case, it's the Minutemen -- not you.

And as for chipping in, I do my part, we ALL here are doing our part to chip in. So don't act like I'm turning my back on the Minutemen nor their courageous jobs. I'm just merely afraid if folks like you act in haste without getting your facts straight, you might end up hurting the anti-illegal immigration cause, rather then helping it.
    I suggest you go back and reread the posts. We did not say we were going to sue only provide money if they wanted to.
    And you have just got here you have no idea what the people of ALIPAC have done. We are here to the end, we have seen many come and go.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by thelmahopkins
    what is really scary is the long list of [traitor }corporate sponsers- Iam thinking about creating a printout to pass around-
    about corporate sponsership of illegal borderline terrorist groups- like this one-
    Sounds like a good idea, I got a couple of places I could post the short artile and the list for those who do not do computers.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

hi charlie -

hi charlie -
    thanks for the idea. I have been looking for something to post at Wal Mart ect (you know when you come in the door and they have those cork boards). How long do you think they would let it stay up. I bet I can get the best of them posting it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    hi charlie -
    thanks for the idea. I have been looking for something to post at Wal Mart ect (you know when you come in the door and they have those cork boards). How long do you think they would let it stay up. I bet I can get the best of them posting it every day.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

And you have just got here you have no idea what the people of ALIPAC have done. We are here to the end, we have seen many come and go.
    I aint going no where.... this my country too and i dont want to see a bunch of illegals try and take it over.

I aint going no where.... this my country too and i dont want to see a bunch of illegals try and take it over.

Good, lets work.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456