Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Your opinions on this NC E-Verify bill?

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It is basically the same thing Bush signed executive order for at the federal level the other day...Idaho has this also and it is a step forward, it also takes care of all contractors and subcontractors working for any city, country or state agency.

The problem with these laws is they still don't demand all employers (private businesses )use a verification program... which is what will really make the difference, but hey, get enough people using it and they can't deny it works.

I hope it passes the more of these that pass the more chance we have at e-verifiy though out the country. IMHO

>>ACTION ALERT 6/11<<
    PLEASE TAKE ACTION ON SO. CAROLINA
    INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-702279.html#702279
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

MW
    This is great. It looks like some of our state legislatures were quick to take advantage of Bush's executive order that requires all contractors doing business with the federal government to utilize E-verify. As SOSADFORUS said, this appears to be basically the same thing at the state level. I'm all for it! However, this doesn't replace the need for the SAVE Act which will require E-verify at a national level (for all employers).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We have had this legislation for a year now in GA. However, there is no enforcement, no accountability, and no audits. State contractors are required to sign affidavits that they used E-Verify and file them with the Dept. of Labor. That's it!! A blurb on the web site of the DOL. Those bozos at the DOL say there is no $$$$ for auditing the employment records of the subs.

We have a six million dollar project going on near me. Road closed, stupid illegal with a sign that said SLOW, and ahead the road is totally blocked, so we all have to turn around and go back to the stupid illegal with the SLOW sign and take a detour. So, I asked him, why don't you detour cars here since the road is closed ahead? You guessed it - can't speak or understand English. And the project was crawling with people who could not even answer me who they worked for. All Hispanic crew, so even if they are legal there is some pretty powerful discrimination here.

I have been firing off emails to Commissioners, County Attorney and State lawmakers outlining this problem, along with the DOL. I even offered to do the audits for free on my day off. No answer.

Bush with that last minute Executive Order for E-Verify which will be ignored and he will be gone and there are no safeguards in place to hold these people accountable. The man who gets the contract hires subcontractors who hire illegals, and no one checks. What a country.

We have a far too small band of activists who are fed up with the decay of our neighborhoods with a large influx of illegals. We go to the Commission meetings, regularly, with pictures (I took them of the road crew). These jobs are important and we need them now more than ever. When they have to face you every month then things slowly happen, but this has become do it yourself government at this point. We finally got some tough code enforcement changes but to translate those rules to actual summonses for failure to maintain the property is all but an act of God. They just go out there and do as little as possible. Then the judge gives them a pass. So, we go back, month after month. It is now my part time job.

Appears complete. Wish it included current employees but is a great beginning.

In an unexpected manner it offers a form of 'job security' to illegal aliens already employed as it prohibits the employer from replacing them with other (cheaper) illegal aliens since it covers only newly hired. Let the pro illegal alien faction try to dispute that.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Is their anyway to keep track of contractors that work with the federal govt. that are using E-verify and the ones that are still holding out? Because Im sure that there will be holdouts from some contractors that don't want to get caught.
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

GaPatriot - I think it's great that you care enough to get involved. It sounds like you are making some progress!

It is disappointing that this system is not being enforced in GA.

Please keep us posted.

If it is actually inforced I say Heck yeah but the question is will they inforce it.
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Quote Originally Posted by GaPatriot
    We have had this legislation for a year now in GA. However, there is no enforcement, no accountability, and no audits. State contractors are required to sign affidavits that they used E-Verify and file them with the Dept. of Labor. That's it!! A blurb on the web site of the DOL. Those bozos at the DOL say there is no $$$$ for auditing the employment records of the subs.

We have a six million dollar project going on near me. Road closed, stupid illegal with a sign that said SLOW, and ahead the road is totally blocked, so we all have to turn around and go back to the stupid illegal with the SLOW sign and take a detour. So, I asked him, why don't you detour cars here since the road is closed ahead? You guessed it - can't speak or understand English. And the project was crawling with people who could not even answer me who they worked for. All Hispanic crew, so even if they are legal there is some pretty powerful discrimination here.

I have been firing off emails to Commissioners, County Attorney and State lawmakers outlining this problem, along with the DOL. I even offered to do the audits for free on my day off. No answer.

Bush with that last minute Executive Order for E-Verify which will be ignored and he will be gone and there are no safeguards in place to hold these people accountable. The man who gets the contract hires subcontractors who hire illegals, and no one checks. What a country.

We have a far too small band of activists who are fed up with the decay of our neighborhoods with a large influx of illegals. We go to the Commission meetings, regularly, with pictures (I took them of the road crew). These jobs are important and we need them now more than ever. When they have to face you every month then things slowly happen, but this has become do it yourself government at this point. We finally got some tough code enforcement changes but to translate those rules to actual summonses for failure to maintain the property is all but an act of God. They just go out there and do as little as possible. Then the judge gives them a pass. So, we go back, month after month. It is now my part time job.

Call your local ICE office. Tell them your experience and the state law and that the people working there aren't adding up to legal.

They could bust the employer big time. Good work GAPatriot. I'm working locally here too. Slow is right.

I like this:

§ 64‑15. Discharge of authorized employee while employer simultaneously employs an unauthorized alien is an unfair trade practice.

The discharge of any United States citizen or permanent resident alien employee by an employer of this State, who, on the date of the discharge, employed an unauthorized alien, shall be an unfair trade practice as defined in G.S. 75‑1.1, and the discharged employee shall have a right of action under G.S. 75‑16."

SECTION 3. There is appropriated from the General Fund to the Office of the Attorney General of the Department of Justice the sum of eighty‑three thousand dollars ($83,000) in recurring funds for the 2008‑2009 fiscal year to establish and support a full‑time attorney to assist in the implementation and execution of this act. Specifically, the attorney shall be responsible for acting as a liaison with the United States Department of Homeland Security and other agencies regarding the work authorization program, advising the Attorney General regarding this act, assisting employers to comply with this act, and assisting the Attorney General with enforcing this act.

SECTION 4. This act becomes effective January 1, 2009.

They may find the $83,000 is not near enough. But if the Attorney General does his job and citizens like it they may give him more. The citizens will have to hold the AG's feet to the fire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast