Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Your views: Guarding the border

September 8, 2007

Readers express a variety of opinions in their letters to FLORIDA TODAY.

Jail the bosses who hire illegals

Regarding a letter to the editor headlined "Rounding up illegals not a realistic option," the illegals would leave on their own accord if the jobs dried up.

Simply arrest executives and anyone else who hires illegals, fining the executives significantly and putting them in jail for a short while.

Without the jobs, the illegals would go home.

After they leave we could come up with a tightly controlled guest-worker program.

However, those illegals who are here should not be allowed to participate in the program.

They should not be allowed to benefit as a result of their illegal acts.

The whole problem is a direct result of presidents who failed to enforce the laws of the land that have been on the books for years.

Should their retirement pensions be adjusted to reflect the results of their negligence?

Edward R. Lupton

Cocoa Beach

Hatred is directed at one group only

I feel so sad when I see on the news how immigrants are treated today. I am sure the same did not happen with people from Ireland, Italy, Germany, and so many other nations when they came here as immigrants.

All the hatred is for people who are also Americans -- the difference is they are from Central America or South America.

How is it possible that a mother who has three children born in the U.S.A. who has been working for more than 10 years and paid taxes is deported and her sons sent to a foster home?

How is it possible that while a soldier is fighting in Iraq, his wife is threatened with deportation, because she is not a citizen?

I know the law is the law, but why was it not applied to other ethnic groups the same way as it is to the Latinos?

I hope God forgives this nation and does not blame all of us for these criminal actions.

No Latin-American should vote for a Republican. This will punish those who have committed abuses against Latin-American immigrants.

Angel L. Acosta

Palm Bay

Make businesses pay reasonable wages

What is the intent of the administration in suddenly enforcing long-standing, ignored immigration laws?

Is it to imply support of the law by Republican candidates in the coming elections?

Or is it punishment of Democrats for non-support of Republicans' proposed immigration schemes?

This shell game has gone on long enough. Original guest worker programs were simple scams to take advantage of slavery developed by a corrupt governments.

What stupidity or greed allowed this corruption and labor abuse to spread to our nation?

Now we have blatant disregard of our borders by illegals and our government. No fence or ocean will ever contain desperation. Removal of the attraction is the only answer.

Penalize illegal hiring. Stop falsification and bankruptcy of Social Security and other social services. Force businesses to pay a reasonable salary competitive with our American economy or lose their livelihood as our citizens are.

Jake Lewis

Sebastian

If you come here, speak the language

The so-called activist immigrant Elvira Arellano said "I either go to my country, Mexico, or stay and keep fighting. I decided to stay and fight."

The 32-year-old and her son took refuge last year at Chicago's Adalberto United Methodist Church. She said she didn't want to be separated from the boy, who was born in the United States.

She isn't an immigrant, but an illegal alien. Also, after being here for a few years, she still doesn't speak English.

When my grandparents immigrated to America, they learned to speak English, with an accent, but they did learn.

Mike Keane

Melbourne

Crist should combat invasion of borders

I have given up hope of help for our citizens from the federal government and Homeland Security head Michael Chertoff.

He says our borders are protected yet over 300 illegals cross each week. If that is protection, I'm glad we don't have open borders.

Now we must look to our state and local officials to protect us from invasion. When Charlie Crist was running for office I sent his campaign some questions and did receive answers. But what he said then is not what he is saying now.

We must not let these politicians forget these promises made.

So governor, when are you ordering state and local officials, including law enforcement, to protect our citizens from this invasion as required by the law and your oath of office?

Or is this once again promises made and broken once office is obtained?

Let's get your staff together along with the Legislature to pass laws such as English will be the official language of the state of Florida and the elimination of "push 1 for English and 2 for other languages" on phones.

Stop spending our tax dollars on illegal aliens.

Robert Theroux

Melbourne

www.floridatoday.com
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar

Re: Your views: Guarding the border

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    September 8, 2007

Crist should combat invasion of borders

I have given up hope of help for our citizens from the federal government and Homeland Security head Michael Chertoff.

He says our borders are protected yet over 300 illegals cross each week. If that is protection, I'm glad we don't have open borders.

Now we must look to our state and local officials to protect us from invasion. When Charlie Crist was running for office I sent his campaign some questions and did receive answers. But what he said then is not what he is saying now.

We must not let these politicians forget these promises made.

So governor, when are you ordering state and local officials, including law enforcement, to protect our citizens from this invasion as required by the law and your oath of office?

Or is this once again promises made and broken once office is obtained?

Let's get your staff together along with the Legislature to pass laws such as English will be the official language of the state of Florida and the elimination of "push 1 for English and 2 for other languages" on phones.

Stop spending our tax dollars on illegal aliens.

Robert Theroux

Melbourne

www.floridatoday.com
    300 Illegals a week? lol try 70,000
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!