What hypocrisy!!! I hope this isn't a dupe. I didn't find it in a search.

[Mexicali, Mexico] From Lexington, Neb., to the southern border of Texas and all points in between, FBI agents searched frantically for high school teacher Kelsey Peterson, 25, and her alleged student lover.

In the end, it was the Federalis in Mexicali, Mexico who nabbed the fugitive teacher - but not for child abuse, kidnapping, or sex with a minor.
She was arrested for illegal immigration.

Kelsey Peterson, a sixth-grade math teacher and basketball coach at Lexington Middle School, reportedly fled with Fernando Rodriguez, 13, after local authorities began an investigation into their relationship in October. The plan, allegedly, was to set up house in Mexico, Rodriquez's native country, and live happily ever after.

As Peterson quickly learned, though, there is zero tolerance for undocumented Americans south of the border, let alone wanted fugitives, and authorities enforce it rigidly.

"We do not simply pretend to secure our borders, as the gringos do," said Juan Calista, Chief of Immigration Enforcement for Baja California, Mexico. "We secure them."

"You won’t see us providing tresspassers with food and water, we don't give them driver's licenses or health care, and our people won’t hide them from the government. We arrest them, we deport them," Cheif Calista said in Spanish.

Calista says that had the pair brought any cash with them, they might have been allowed to stay long enough to spend it.

"But, when the boy called his mother for money, we moved in to apprehended them."

Mexican immigration officials and the FBI are currently coordinating arrangements for the return of Peterson, but Rodriguez may have to stay in Mexico, since he was already in the United States illegally.

Representatives for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) would not comment on how Peterson and Rodriquez slipped into Mexico, although border cameras at San Ysidro Port of Entry in San Diego clearly show Peterson's car.

Juan Calista had no problem with voicing his opinion on the matter.

"The United States needs to control its people better. Mexico does not need your criminals and fugitives," he said. "The first time one of your murderers or rapists comes here and commits a crime, we're going to put up a fence. I'm just saying."

http://www.officialnewsagency.com/content/view/68/52/