Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US Terrorist attack on major chain over Christmas???

Ok folks,

We need some scouts to check the major networks news archives.

Let me know if any of you have seen this on Fox, CNN, ABC, CBS, etc...

Am I seeing this correctly?

We had a terrorist attack on a Home Depot store in the middle of the holiday season by a Jordanian immigrant that has been naturalized.

The attack happened in the middle of the Christmas shopping season and according to Google News Searches on the suspects name, only people in AZ know this news for the most part.

Please confirm this for me.

Article
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-14725.html

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just got off the phone with national AP in New York. They said they did not know about this incident and insisted on transferring me to AP in Phoenix.

I spoke with a Mr. Todd Christy in Phoenix. He said that this was not considered terrorism because "it was just some local guy who was upset with his employer and the police did not call it terrorism" etc....

I told him that if a Jordanian Muslim was trying to use a car as a weapon and to ignite a major explosion in a packed Home Depot because he was upset over the border fence while Americans are shopping for Christmas that I and about every other American I knew would want to know.

He continued to explain that it was just a "local" news story.

I asked him to work harder to make sure the AP did their job which is to provide the American public with information that is relevant to their security and safety and it is only through luck or divine intervention that there were not significant casualties.

In my humble opinion, I don't see much difference between this story and a Palestinian that goes into an Israeli shopping center and trying to blow it up except for the fact this guy had to improvise on his explosives.

If the gas tank on that car had been filled with High Octane gas with a rag stuffed in the mouth of it, who knows how many Americans would have been killed.

W

Wow how quickly Americans slip back into the same lethargy that made September 11 so very easy.

maybe we should also contact the police officer who wrote it off as just an angry guy kind of thing?

Here's the link to the story I think you're looking for.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... 19-ON.html

It might just be that he is crazy. He put the dog in the trunk and wanted it to look at the quoran (or koran). He burned the dog alive. That info is not in this story, but I will see if I can find that link too.

Here is the link with more info.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/chan ... r-depot29-
    ON.html

Suspect in Home Depot crash upset over border wall plan

Sarah Muench
    The Arizona Republic
    Dec. 29, 2005 04:00 PM

A man who drove his car through the front doors of Chandler Home Depot last week was angry at the United States' plan to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border, and at Home Depot for not giving him a raise, police records show.

Ali Warrayat, 24, a former Arizona State University student, told investigators he originally planned to blow up the Home Depot at Alma School Road and Chandler Boulevardwhere he once worked. Instead, police say Warrayat, a Gilbert resident, rammed his car through the front doors on Dec. 18 at 6:10 a.m., barely missed an employee, drove through the store and came to a stop in the paint aisle, where he attempted to set fire to paint and his car. A small section of the aisle and his car went up in flames, but no one was injured.

During questioning, Warrayat, who majored in computer science at ASU from January to May of 2004, revealed a litany of seemingly bizarre details, including: advertisement

• Investigators found a copy of the Koran,a Palestinian flag and a necklace in the trunk of his car. Warrayat, who is originally from Kuwait according to police records, said he would wear the items the day he would smash his car into the store and would continue to wear them while waiting to be arrested.

• He brought along his uncle's pit bull dog, which died from the fire's fumes after being trapped inside the car following the crash. Warrayat also told police he had a cat with him in the car but investigators never found one. He also said he originally tried to get the dog into the trunk to show it the Koran but the animal wouldn't go in.

• Warrayat originally planned to blow up the store Dec. 19, the day he said he was supposed to get a raise, because he wanted to see what kind of raise he was going to receive, police said. But after being awake for several days prior to the incident, he decided to execute his plan a day early.

• He showed police a swastika tattooed on the bottom of his foot, which he said he got after someone painted a swastika on the mosque he attends. Warrayat told police he got the tattoo because in his religion stepping on things is considered disrespectful.

According to the police report Home Depot estimated damages from the incident at $1 million, plus at least $320,000 for the two days the store was closed.

Home Depot Loss Prevention Manager Shawn McClain told police the company is seeking an order of protection against Warrayat and is considering placing armed guards and vehicle barriers at their front doors at all of its Southeast Valley stores if he is released from jail.

McClain told police Warrayat voluntarily transferred from the Chandler Home Depot, where he worked in the paint section, to the Home Depot in Gilbert near Germann and Power roads.

Although initial reports said Warrayat's actions could be linked to terrorism, Chandler police Detective Bret Lucas said officials determined that wasn't the case.

"(ATF) came to a conclusion that it doesn't fit into that type of criteria," he said. "This wasn't a terrorist act."

Lucas said the case was almost like working a "mass casualty drill" for the Southeast Valley, having to call out a slew of authorities to investigate, including ATF, Chandler police, the Tempe Fire Department and the Mesa police explosives unit.

"We didn't know what we were dealing with," Lucas said. "We had to call out the bomb squad."

Warrayat was indicted Wednesday and remains in custody.

"(ATF) came to a conclusion that it doesn't fit into that type of criteria," he said. "This wasn't a terrorist act."

Why? Because the gas tank did not explode or the paint chemicals did not explode enough to incinerate many of the customers as the attacker intended?

Is that the 'criteria' that excludes this as terrorism?

One, I discount the insanity claim because who is to say that every suicide bomber in the middle east is not 'insane" Im sure the argument could easily be made for that.

Two, this guy had a plan and a statement to make and he tried to utilize materials around him for mass destruction. To me this is just like trying to fly a plane into a nuclear power plant or grabbing a sniper rifle to shoot people in DC, or trying to open the door on an airplane at high altitude to kill all the passengers.

Does it require bomb material for someone to be a terrorist? Or perhaps trying to use terror to convey a political point is the criteria?

W

"(ATF) came to a conclusion that it doesn't fit into that type of criteria," he said. "This wasn't a terrorist act." Why? Because the gas tank did not explode or the paint chemicals did not explode enough to incinerate many of the customers as the attacker intended? Is that the 'criteria' that excludes this as terrorism?

One, I discount the insanity claim because who is to say that every suicide bomber in the middle east is not 'insane" Im sure the argument could easily be made for that.
    This constant down-playing of events such as this one reveals the movement behind the whole thing. At the very least, the guy did something equal to someone participating in a riot. Remember what happened in Paris. Another thing, just because the guy may not have the funding now doesn't mean that he won't have it later.

They may have tried to push the "Lone Wacko" aspect because of the Holidays. Can you imagine what it would do to holiday sales if people knew that people were trying to blow up Americans in Home Depot over the Border Wall legislation?

W

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

Not a terrorist incident???

Well lest we should forget Oklahoma City? American or not McVeigh was a terrorist. It happened in middle America, killing hundreds.

So how would this incident not be terrorist? His intentions were to cause damage because of his religious and political beleifs. He was attempting to kill and/or terrorize Americans to make his religious and political statement. Thats terrorism. Even if the perpetrator is and American themselves.

Our media and government are hoping they can keep the blinders on us all. I don't like having information kept from me. We should not put up with it.

Alipac, can we consistently get hold of these kinds of stories and then those of us in Alipac print them and distribute to our local public? People need to know what is really going on out there. If it is something we can do daily, we should.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast