Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Breaking: Romney Supports Legal Status For Illegal Children

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal View Post
    I used to take a harder stance on this - but now, I think self deport is best. It will send a strong message (there is nothing in the way of money for you here - take your kids and GO HOME.) along with saving the tax payers money. I resent having them jetted off on some huge airliner deep into mexico for "free" on my tax money just for them to come sneaking back in. Couple self deportation with a strong (preferably militarized) border and we could get rid of the majority of them. Sadly I doubt this country will ever be rid of illegals, but self deportation is a good start to thinning them out.
    I see no reason self deportation won't work if we remove all their reasons for being here. No benefits, no jobs, no survival. Romney is big on instituting a nation-wide E-Verify program. Also, he has said repeatedly that we need to remove the "magnetes" that draw illegal aliens. Yes, he does still call them illegal aliens.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    I used to take a harder stance on this - but now, I think self deport is best. It will send a strong message (there is nothing in the way of money for you here - take your kids and GO HOME.) along with saving the tax payers money. I resent having them jetted off on some huge airliner deep into mexico for "free" on my tax money just for them to come sneaking back in. Couple self deportation with a strong (preferably militarized) border and we could get rid of the majority of them. Sadly I doubt this country will ever be rid of illegals, but self deportation is a good start to thinning them out.
    Well not with that attitude we're not. The reason Romney came out in support of Rubio's proposal to allow illegal children to obtain legal status yesterday was because he knew his base at the end of the day would vote for him no matter what. So what does that mean for our state of California? Well, no matter who wins, we can expect them all to obtain driver's licenses, allowed to legally work, and continue to crowd our schools.

Banned
    But Romney said that U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio's version of the DREAM Act proposal could be apart of his "permanent solution." Rubio's plan called for allowing undocumented immigrants who graduated from high school and have no criminal record to obtain a nonimmigrant visa. They could stay in the United States, obtain a drivers' license and work or continue their studies, but would have no special path to citizenship.
    In Univision Forum, Mitt Romney Pressed on Immigration | Fox News Latino

Mitt Romney: Most Undocumented Immigrants Lack 'Skill Or Experience'

Posted: 09/20/2012 12:53 pm EDT Updated: 09/20/2012

WASHINGTON -- Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney used an oft-repeated line at a "Univision Candidate Forum" Wednesday about how he would handle immigration, promising to "staple a green card" to diplomas of foreign nationals who earn advanced degrees in the United States.

It was similar to what he said to donors in private, according to secretly recorded footage of a fundraising event released earlier this week. In that meeting, though, he also made a comment he usually omits, dismissing most undocumented immigrants as completely without skills that make them valuable to the American workforce.

"Gosh, I'd love to bring in more legal immigrants that have skill ... I'd like to staple a green card to every Ph.D. in the world and say, 'Come to America, we want you here,'" Romney said at the May event. "Instead, we make it hard for people who get educated here or elsewhere to make this their home."

"Unless, of course, you have no skill or experience, in which case you're welcome to cross the border and stay here for the rest of your life," he said, to laughter from the audience. "It's very strange."

About 11.2 million undocumented immigrants currently live in the United States. Many of them crossed the border illegally, but others overstayed visas or entered through alternate pathways. If they did cross the border, it was likely dangerous -- while the number of apprehensions along the border has dropped, the number of deaths has not -- and a large number of immigrants are caught in the process. Once here, undocumented immigrants are more likely under the Obama administration to be deported than under any other previous administration.

Romney acknowledged at the Univision forum that employers do have a need for immigrant workers, which seems to contradict his suggestion that they lack skills. "I also believe we should have temporary work visas consistent with the needs of the employment community," he said Wednesday.

Romney has given few details as to what he would do for undocumented immigrants already in the U.S., although he said at the Univision forum he would not focus on mass deportation.

His plan to staple green cards to advanced degrees wouldn't benefit undocumented immigrants, either, an aide told HuffPost after Romney made the same statement in June.

Mitt Romney: Most Undocumented Immigrants Lack 'Skill Or Experience'

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    Well not with that attitude we're not. The reason Romney came out in support of Rubio's proposal to allow illegal children to obtain legal status yesterday was because he knew his base at the end of the day would vote for him no matter what. So what does that mean for our state of California? Well, no matter who wins, we can expect them all to obtain driver's licenses, allowed to legally work, and continue to crowd our schools.
    I don't know what you mean by "attitude". I call it reality.

As for CA - I lost hope for this state years ago. Now if that's a bad attitude, then so be it. Again - I call it reality. This state is lost. I learned that back in the 90's after Prop 187 was overturned. Maybe you are too young to remember that. I used to be idealistic like you are, but sadly, age has jaded me over the years. One day reality just up and slaps you across the face -and than you wake up.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I don't know what you mean by "attitude". I call it reality.

As for CA - I lost hope for this state years ago. Now if that's a bad attitude, then so be it. Again - I call it reality. This state is lost. I learned that back in the 90's after Prop 187 was overturned. Maybe you are too young to remember that. I used to be idealistic like you are, but sadly, age has jaded me over the years. One day reality just up and slaps you across the face -and than you wake up.
    Okay so CA is lost, but the same fate will fall on its neighboring states and soon the entire country if either of these two get their way. The Rubio proposal Romney supports may not give citizenship to illegals, but it is legalizing their status ALL across the country, not just California. They'll be free to roam around applying for jobs, going to school, and driving legally without fear. We can give up in California, but are we going to give up on the entire country?

Romney missed an opportunity here. He can no longer attack Obama on wanting to allow millions of illegal aliens to compete for our jobs, at a time when millions of AMERICANS are unemployed, because now he's basically made it his position as well.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    Okay so CA is lost, but the same fate will fall on its neighboring states and soon the entire country if either of these two get their way. The Rubio proposal Romney supports may not give citizenship to illegals, but it is legalizing their status ALL across the country, not just California. They'll be free to roam around applying for jobs, going to school, and driving legally without fear. We can give up in California, but are we going to give up on the entire country?

Romney missed an opportunity here. He can no longer attack Obama on wanting to allow millions of illegal aliens to compete for our jobs, at a time when millions of AMERICANS are unemployed, because now he's basically made it his position as well.
    To paint Obama and Romney with the same brush is just wrong, wrong, wrong! Do you actually think folks are buying that? Don't the actual facts mean anything or is your hate for Romney so strong that you're overlooking the details. Romney and Obama have some profound difference on the issue of illegal immigration and border security.

Fact: Romney does not support amnesty for illegal aliens, Obama does.
    Fact: Romney supports a national E-Verify program, Obama does not.
    Fact: Romney supports state enforcement of immigration laws, Obama does not.
    Fact: Romney supports removing the magnetes that draw illegal aliens, Obama does not.
    Fact: Romney does not support a driver's license for illegal aliens.
    Fact: Romney does not support tuition assistance for illegal aliens, Obama does.
    Fact: On securing the border between Mexico and the U.S., Romney wants to add a high-tech fence to the equation. Obama stopped the high-tech border fence that Congress ordered built in 2006 after only 53 miles of the fence was built.
    Fact: Obama unveiled what was basically a mini-Dream Act by granting work permits to young illegal aliens with high school or GED degrees. Romney opposed the policy shift.
    Fact: Romney supports making English the official language of the US, Obama does not. Romney also also supports English immersion over bilingual education.
    Fact: Romney believes that each state has the duty — and the right — to secure their borders and preserve the rule of law, particularly when the federal government has failed to meet its responsibilities. Obama fought the Arizona law all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Shame on me for actually believing there is a difference between Romney and Obama on the illegal immigration issue!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What is hard for a Presidential candidate to tell any group that if elected they'll enforce US immigration law which requires that those who are here illegally must leave and those trying to come here be prevented from doing so? How many college degrees and how much money does one need to have the intellect and fortitude to make and mean that simple statement? I'm a Republican from a family of Republicans who have been Republicans since there were Republicans, and I don't understand anyone who can't or won't make and mean that simple statement on behalf of the American People.

This election proves beyond any doubt, the future of our country no longer rests on who sits in the Oval Office. It depends on the Congress, the States and Ourselves. And, for what my two cents is worth, it's way past time for Americans to stop making excuses for and supporting politicians who openly betray US. There's a line in the sand, as clear as day, and this time, it really is a matter of either you're with US or you're against US. My advice this election is put your time and money with state and congressional candidates who are committed to stopping illegal immigration and passing the FairTax, because they truly are both our hope and destiny.

Think of Russell Pearce, the State Senator, who worked for years and years on this problem, wrote and passed a law that shook the nation, that has survived the tests of the US Supreme Court on several parts, and has now survived another legal test before a Federal Judge on the most crucial part of that bill. And, where is this hero now? Recalled by the fanatics responsible for selling out our country.

Think of Joe Arpaio, the Sheriff, who has enforced the law, and survived years and years of criticism and trumped up federal investigations.

Think of Jan Brewer, the Governor, who signed the law into effect, survived a national boycott of her entire state, and won at the US Supreme Court on several parts, and won yet again in another Federal Court on the most crucial parts of the law.

Think of the other State Legislators in more than 28 states trying to solve the problem of illegal immigration with their own enforcement legislation. Think of the Sheriffs in those states doing the right thing enforcing the law. Think of their Governors standing tall for the American People, every day of every week of every year for years before they were Governors and long after.

Think of Ted Poe, Jeff Sessions, Lamar Smith, Steve King, Peter King, Darrel Issa, Walter Jones, Health Shuler, and so many others, who every day of every week of every year work, read, study, introduce, speak-out, and stand-up for the American People to secure our borders, jobs, wages, kids, educations, futures, security, sovereignty and destiny.

Then think of Mitt at his little interview with Univision who couldn't and wouldn't give one straight answer on the issue of illegal immigration on behalf of the American People.

If these good men and women in States and Congress can stand up for the American People, then why in the world would we expect or allow a candidate for President of the United States to do any less?
    Last edited by Judy; 09-21-2012 at 10:26 PM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    What is hard for a Presidential candidate to tell any group that if elected they'll enforce US immigration law which requires that those who are here illegally must leave and those trying to come here be prevented from doing so? How many college degrees and how much money does one need to have the intellect and fortitude to make and mean that simple statement? I'm a Republican from a family of Republicans who have been Republicans since there were Republicans, and I don't understand anyone who can't or won't make and mean that simple statement on behalf of the American People.

This election proves beyond any doubt, the future of our country no longer rests on who sits in the Oval Office. It depends on the Congress, the States and Ourselves. And, for what my two cents is worth, it's way past time for Americans to stop making excuses for and supporting politicians who openly betray US. There's a line in the sand, as clear as day, and this time, it really is a matter of either you're with US or you're against US. My advice this election is put your time and money with state and congressional candidates who are committed to stopping illegal immigration and passing the FairTax, because they truly are both our hope and destiny.

Think of Russell Pearce, the State Senator, who worked for years and years on this problem, wrote and passed a law that shook the nation, that has survived the tests of the US Supreme Court on several parts, and has now survived another legal test before a Federal Judge on the most crucial part of that bill. And, where is this hero now? Recalled by the fanatics responsible for selling out our country.

Think of Joe Arpaio, the Sheriff, who has enforced the law, and survived years and years of criticism and trumped up federal investigations.

Think of Jan Brewer, the Governor, who signed the law into effect, survived a national boycott of her entire state, and won at the US Supreme Court on several parts, and won yet again in another Federal Court on the most crucial parts of the law.

Think of the other State Legislators in more than 28 states trying to solve the problem of illegal immigration with their own enforcement legislation. Think of the Sheriffs in those states doing the right thing enforcing the law. Think of their Governors standing tall for the American People, every day of every week of every year for years before they were Governors and long after.

Think of Ted Poe, Jeff Sessions, Lamar Smith, Steve King, Peter King, Darrel Issa, Walter Jones, Health Shuler, and so many others, who every day of every week of every year work, read, study, introduce, speak-out, and stand-up for the American People to secure our borders, jobs, wages, kids, educations, futures, security, sovereignty and destiny.

Then think of Mitt at his little interview with Univision who couldn't and wouldn't give one straight answer on the issue of illegal immigration on behalf of the American People.

If these good men and women in States and Congress can stand up for the American People, then why in the world would we expect or allow a candidate for President of the United States to do any less?
    I was left speechless after reading your post Judy. Everyone should read it. You deserve some sort of "Post of the Year" award if that exists...

You know what's sad about all this? That because of Romney's refusal to be straight with the American people, he is potentially putting all these good men and women in Congress in danger of losing their respective elections. And millions of dollars continue being poured into this guy's campaign while the people that actually give a damn about fighting for our country get left out to dry. If this guy loses and takes these men and women down with him, the blood of this country will be on his hands.

Not only could Romney not give us a straight answer on Wednesday, but he openly admitted that we as a country should have pursued the ideas put forth by Marco Rubio for dealing with the millions of illegal aliens in this country. Who is he fighting for exactly? The millions of illegal aliens in this country or the millions of unemployed AMERICANS? Because you can't have it both ways.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    This is laughable at best, the GOP hasn't done anything for us except let Obama loose upon us, they figure if he scares us enough we'll vote Republican! And they're right, at least for me anyway.

If I were an Officer, and was on my way to serve a felony warrant, I sure wouldn't call the felon and say "Hi you gonna be home here in a half hour?"

Mr. Romney dipped and dodged Mrs. La Raza's questions like Obama dodges the Intelligence Briefings.

Not voting or voting 3rd party or write in, isn't going to do anything but finish destroying our country.
    I believe what we're trying to do is send a message to these socialists and that message is this 'it's over, you're done here' they weren't listening in 2010, they will hear us loud and clear in Nov.
    Last edited by Illegalssuck; 09-22-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast