Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by tiredofapathy
    But one thing about Americans push them in a corner and they will come out fighting, as more and more people lose their jobs, homes, cars, all of a sudden can't pay the credit card bills they have been putting every thing on to keep their head above water, they will wake up.
    That is the part that scares me the most! Waking up AFTER you find out you have nothing left makes for an extremely dangerous bunch of people!
    Can you say, "CHAOS"? I'm sure the government has planned for "handling" that contingency, but the average American certainly won't see it coming!

BTW- Have you ever seen the movie "V" is for Vendetta? It's a fairly recent release (last year or year before) and screams the "WAKE UP" message we have been writing about. I reccommend everyone watch it if you haven't seen it already. Caught it last night on HBO for the second time and I'm still surprised how closely the writer tied it to current events....
    DISCLAIMER: ("V" is for Vendetta is not about illegal immigration!)
    No I have not seen the movie, I don't have HBO but I will watch for it on cd.
    I know just how scary a situation like this sounds and would be, but if our politicians continue to ignore the people and our country keeps going the way it is now, I can picture trouble.
    Have you seen FOX news today. they are rioting down in Venezuela, yesterday Chavez shut down the last tv station that was in opposition to his views, the staition also covered alot of American programs.
    The people are pissed and they say they see their freedoms slipping away.
    We basically see the same thing here they refuse to govern by our constitution, they are suppose to protect us from invasion.
    At every turn Bush thumbs his nose at it and so it is only a matter of time before the people rise up.
    And we are a nation of brave fierce fighters when you raise our feathers.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

May 29, 2007
    At the Capitol Today
    Napolitano, New Mexico governor ask U.S. to end contract with DynCorp

Gov. Janet Napolitano appears with New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson at the Capitol last August. Photo by Bill CoatesGov. Janet Napolitano and New Mexico Governor Bill Richardson have called on Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice to end a contract with DynCorp, a private company recruiting senior United States Border Patrol officers to missions abroad.

DynCorp is offering veteran officers $134,100 for a one-year tour, plus a $25,000 signing bonus to train Iraqi citizens in border security. The first $90,000 in income is tax free, and housing and food are free.

Border Patrol agents with at least two years' experience make roughly $55,000.

Arizona's Tucson sector employs 2,600 agents, and there are more than 13,350 nationwide.

In the letter to Secretary Rice, Napolitano and Richardson wrote:

"This contract directly undermines the security of the United States-Mexico border, and by extension the security of our entire homeland. While the President and Congress have demanded that the Southwest border be secure before comprehensive immigration reform is adopted, your Department is undermining this goal by using U.S. taxpayer dollars to protect another country's border to the detriment of our own.

"This administration needs to decide whose security is more important, America's or Iraq's. We believe America's comes first."

On May 15, Governors Napolitano and Richardson sent a letter to President Bush voicing their concerns regarding the escalating violence in Mexican border communities and the possible reduction of National Guard at the border.

In late March the U.S. State Department asked Virginia-based DynCorp International to find 120 people with Customs and Border Enforcement experience to go to Iraq for the training.

The company already has 700 police trainers in Iraq.

Agent Shannon Stevens, a Border Patrol spokeswoman, said the number of personnel DynCorp is looking for is "a very small number compared to the http://www.azcapitoltimes.com/story.cfm?id=5481#agents we have."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234