Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
- 02-12-2013, 04:32 PM #1
Democrats bringing illegal immigrants as guests to State of the Union
11:39 AM 02/12/2013
The Daily Called
WASHINGTON — A number of Democrats, including First Lady Michelle Obama, are bringing illegal immigrants as guests to the State of the Union on Tuesday.
But a spokeswoman with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency declined to comment to The Daily Caller on Tuesday about whether the agency approves of this occurring at the Capitol, where Obama is set to give his annual address on Tuesday night.
“I don’t have any comment for you on this,” Gillian Christensen, a spokeswoman with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said after TheDC inquired whether the agency was aware of this and whether it was possible the guests could be arrested.
At least five Democrats are bringing illegal immigrants to the State of the Union, according to reports:
– First lady Michelle Obama is hosting Alan Aleman, a 20-year-old illegal immigrant from Nevada as one of her guests. Under new administration rules, Aleman’s deportation proceedings have been deferred because he was brought into the country while he was under the age of 16.
– Virginia Democratic Sen. Mark Warner has invited 19-year-old Ambar Pinto, an illegal immigrant who goes to Northern Virginia Community College, as his guest.
– Illinois Democratic Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez is bringing 27-year-old Gabino Sanchez, an illegal immigrant who lives in South Carolina and is fighting deportation, as his guest.
– Texas Democratic Rep. Marc Veasey has invited 32-year-old Julieta Garibay, an illegal immigrant who moved to Austin from Mexico with her family when she was 12, as his guest.
Democrats bringing illegal immigrants as guests to State of the Union | The Daily CallerWe have immigration laws that just need to be enforced.
- 02-12-2013, 05:22 PM #2
A group of elitist that should not be above the law.
- 02-12-2013, 05:58 PM #3
3 ways Democrats are seizing on SOTU to use people as props
You’ve got to hand it to the Left. They lead the league in exploiting people. And they do it in such a timely manner!
Tonight is the State Of The Union. And with all eyes on Washington, I count at least three high-profile causes for which liberals are using victims (or potential victims) as props:
1. Gun Control: CNN reports that, “[s]eated in the gallery will be at least 20 survivors of gun violence invited to attend the annual event by members of Congress, who are each given one ticket for a guest to view the speech in person.” Being a survivor, of course, grants one a sort of moral superiority — but does it mean you have special insight into policy matters? (Jackie Kucinich has a picture of their press conference.)
2. Immigration: TheDC’s Alex Pappas reports: ”A number of Democrats, including First Lady Michelle Obama, are bringing illegal immigrants as guests to the State of the Union on Tuesday.” (Note: If you really care about passing bipartisan immigration reform, this seems like a good way to guarantee that doesn’t happen.)
3. Sequester: It’s hard to feel sorry for government bureaucrats. But that doesn’t mean they won’t try to make us. (It’s always smart to put a human face on an issue.) As the WaPost reports, “The nation’s largest federal-employee union plans to rally on Capitol Hill Tuesday, with the group expecting more than 1,500 supporters to urge Congress to shield government programs and services from spending cuts.”
Read more: 3 ways Democrats are seizing on SOTU to use people as props | The Daily Caller
- 02-12-2013, 09:25 PM #4
These people make me want to puke! How much lower can they sink?!...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...
William Barret Travis
Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836
- 02-13-2013, 08:02 PM #5
Why are Democrats Harboring Illegal Immigrants?
Feb 13, 2013
By Todd Starnes
President Obama called for stronger border security during last night’s State of the Union address. I wonder if he was aware there were at least five illegal immigrants sitting in the House chamber?
Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL) invited Gabino Sanchez, an illegal immigrant with a criminal record. Sanchez, whose record is littered with misdemeanor charges liked driving without a license, is fighting deportation.
Yet this man – who is putting American drivers at risk – was given an opportunity not afforded to law-abiding taxpayers. He was allowed to sit in the House chamber mere yards away from President Obama.
“This is a big step for Dreamers and indicative of how far this movement has come,” illegal immigrant Julieta Garibay told the Dallas Morning News. Ms. Garibay was a guest of Rep. Marc Veasey (D-TX).
The Daily Caller reported that five Democrats, including First Lady Michelle Obama, welcomed illegals into the People’s House. Mrs. Obama’s guest was 20-year-old Alan Aleman, a beneficiary of her husband’s Dream Act.
So how were illegal immigrants allowed to enter one of the most secure buildings in the nation’s capitol?
It’s a question that is even more perplexing since every person in the room was required to have a Social Security number.
A memorandum from the Sergeant at Arms, obtained by The Daily Caller, states: “For guests who do not posses a valid Congressional ID, please provide their full name, Social Security number, and date and place of birth.”
The average legal American can’t board a jetliner without getting a prostate exam from the TSA – but people who are not even legal citizens can waltz right through the front doors of the U.S. Capitol?
It was a stunning visual – prominent Democratic lawmakers harboring illegal immigrants and flaunting their disregard for the law on national television.
Every Republican in Congress should have refused to enter the chamber until the undocumented had been rounded up and arrested. Instead, they allowed the U.S. Constitution to be sullied and federal law to be ignored.
According to federal law, harboring an illegal alien is “illegal under both federal law and some state laws.” The crime is punishable by up to five years in prison.
It’s too bad Ted Nugent didn’t try to make a citizen’s arrest.
But even more offensive is the blatant lack of respect shown for law-abiding, tax-paying Americans who were denied the honor of attending the State of the Union.
Why not invite the survivors of the Benghazi attack? Why not invite the widow of American hero Chris Kyle? Or what about immigrants who came to the Land of the Free legally?
In the final moments of President Obama’s address he suggested a new interpretation of the word “citizen.”
“It’s a word that doesn’t just describe our nationality or legal status,” he said.
But in truth, it does. Those of us born in these United States – are in fact citizens. Those who come to our shores legally – are in fact citizens. Those who sneak across our borders in the dark of night — are not.
The Democrats who flaunted the law are not explaining their decisions — but it seems pretty clear to me.
Their allegiance is to the illegal immigrant — not the American taxpayers.
Todd is the author of Dispatches From Bitter America. Click here to get your copy!