Page 114 of 845 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124164214614 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 8443
Like Tree210Likes

Thread: BASIC LIST / SUGGESTED ITEMS FOR LONG TERM SURVIVAL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Six Tips To Save Enough Money To Buy Your House For CASH!!!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Last night on my first podcast, I outlined all the tricks I used to save money enough to buy my house for cash. Here is a recap, and it works! All you need is some self control and a bit of determination.

1 - Pay off credit card debt - all of it, as fast as you can. Saving money is just too hard to do if you are making monthly interest payments on credit cards. Feel free to use the cards, many of them offer a rewards program to get free gift cards or groceries. Just be sure not to overspend and pay the bill in full each month.

2 - Trade in the new car for a reliable used vehicle. I found 2 cars for under $1000.00 for both. If you have 2 cars and pay $250.00 per month each, that's $500.00 a month in your pocket.

3 - Budget your expenses, save everywhere you can. Keep utility bills low, buy groceries, clothing etc. ON SALE ONLY and use coupons to boot! Take an allowance from your weekly paycheck and spend only that. Brown bag your lunch instead of eating out....saves easily $50.00 a week.

4 - Get a second income, if your spouse can't find work, consider selling crafts or babysitting neighborhood kids. Grow a garden if you can...even a container garden on a city balcony can help save on groceries.

5 - Look for a distressed property...abandoned, fix-it-upper, desperate seller. Learn to renovate or build on by yourself or with the help of friends. Contracting work out can cost you 3 times what you could spend doing it yourself.

6 - Squirrel your money OUT OF THE BANKS. Let's face it, banks have been known to suddenly close without warning, tying up your cash until the lawyers et al get it all sorted out...if they ever do!

Believe it or not $25,000.00 is all you need to start looking for a home. I personally saved about $2000.00 a month by following these tricks and in under a year, was handing over a down payment on my house....CASH! There is no better feeling than knowing you will never write another rent cheque or make another mortgage payment. This way your home really is YOUR home.

http://www.canadianpreppersnetwork.com/ ... o-buy.html
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The Economy Of Prepping

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

So why is it that so many prepper sites preach about saving money? Well it's simple...prepping can get expensive. Let's say a weeks worth of food would cost you $200.00 for your family. Multiply that by the number of weeks you want to be prepped for and you will soon get the picture. Add to that all the equipment you want to stockpile like candles, flashlights, radios, batteries...WOW, that can really add up quick. This is why being a prepper turns into a lifelong chore. Slowly gathering more & more supplies, using up food items and replacing them to ensure rotation, getting that next gadget or hand tool just in case. Simply put a prepper has no choice put to watch & wait for sales, clip coupons and shop garage & estate sales. The best course of action is to get something every week. One of the biggest hindrances to prepping would be carrying a debt. Pay off your credit cards, mortgage, loans, and anything else that cost you regular interest payments. This will allow more cash flow for prepping. As a matter of fact, had I not eliminated all my credit card debt, I doubt I would even have begun to stockpile basic food. So stop being afraid of appearing cheap...you're just an economist who knows how to get the most bang for the buck!

http://www.canadianpreppersnetwork.com/ ... pping.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bug Out Vehicles and Shelters Update

Friday, July 8, 2011

I finished the actual writing of the new book, Bug Out Vehicles and Shelters http://www.amazon.com/Bug-Out-Vehicles- ... ive=392969 last Friday and it is now in the hands of the editors and soon to go into production for a planned release in September. This book covers a lot of ground, which is why it took awhile to put together. There are nine chapters on specific categories of vehicles and two chapters on fixed shelters that could be assembled or built in place at the bug-out location in advance. The book is divided into four parts: Escape Vehicles, Mobile Retreats, Alternative and Back-up Vehicles, and Fixed Retreats.

Some of the categories covered in the first three parts are illustrated in these photos, and while a few pictures may not be worth 78,000 words, they might give you an idea of what to expect. I'll post more specific details on the content of the book closer to the publication date. Meanwhile, I'm going to be hard at work on the next book project, which is a work of survival/apocalyptic fiction.

http://www.bugoutsurvival.com/2011/07/b ... pdate.html
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Best Beer Bread Recipes

Tess Pennington
    Ready Nutrition
    July 2011

As a child, my father was always the bread maker. I would sit and watch in awe as the bread dough would slowly rise. His recipes were always perfectly delicious. As an adult, I suppose I am on that same quest for great bread recipes. And since his bread recipes are already perfected, I thought I would share his recipe with you all as well as another recipe I found on the Internet. I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as my family does.

Pop’s Beer Bread

• 3 c. self rising flour
    • 1 tbls. sugar
    • 2 tbls. honey
    • 1 bottle Samuel Adams Lager beer

INSTRUCTIONS

Mix in bowl with spoon. Pout into greased bread pan and place into a warm oven for 15 minutes.

Remove from over and preheat oven to 375 F.

Cook for 40 minutes.

No Knead Beer Bread

• 3. flour
    • 1/4 tsp. yeast
    • 3. tsp. salt
    • 1 c. water
    • 1/3 c. beer (I used a Texas beer called Shiner Bock)
    • 1 tsp. white vinegar
    INSTRUCTIONS:

Mix all ingredients together and pour into bread pan.

Cover bread with plastic wrap. Allow bread dough to sit and rise for 2 hours.

Preheat oven to 425. Place bread pan with risen dough in oven and reduce temperature to 350. Bake for 55 minutes or until internal bread temperature is about 200 degrees.

Author: Tess Pennington
    Web Site: http://www.readynutrition.com/

Date: July 20th, 2011
    Related Categories: Recipes

Related Reading:

http://readynutrition.com/resources/...ipes_20072011/
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 06:58 AM.

Bill Gates Artificial Clouds Have Hidden Dark Linings

By Ted Twietmeyer
    Exclusive to Rense.com
    7-25-11

Bill Gates is at it again. By now you've probably read the story of his plan [1] to create artificial clouds. His scheme is on the same scale of foolishness as NASA's space elevator. But Gates' cloud generating scheme is even worse and life threatening.

Gates' scheme to is to build 1,900 aerosol sprayer ships, each capable of pumping 10 tons of sea water up to the altitude of the cloud layer at 1,000 meters. That equates to about 3/ 4 of a mile. The most powerful fire-boat on Earth pales in comparison. We will quickly see that this idea has several hidden, dark aspects to it.

PLANKTON

Food chain of the sea begins at the bottom with Plankton, with whales at the top and all other sea life else in the middle:

Everything in the world's oceans is based on plankton Â* including your next Friday fish fry, shrimp cocktail or whatever else you eat from the ocean. Destroy the plankton in sufficient numbers and shrimp, small fish and squid will disappear. Apparently Gates has little regard for the food chain. [image source - 2]

Here are the basics on plankton written by an expert:

"The growth of phytoplankton populations is dependent on light levels and nutrient availability. The chief factor limiting growth varies from region to region in the world's oceans. On a broad scale, growth of phytoplankton in the oligotrophic tropical and subtropical gyres is generally limited by nutrient supply, while light often limits phytoplankton growth in subarctic gyres." [3]

Translation? Plankton need sufficient LIGHT to live and grow. This greatly limits the depth at which plankton can live, too. They move wherever ocean currents carry them. In other words, these creatures live at very shallow depths Â* even at the shallow depths a ship's hull displaces.

PUMPING VAST VOLUMES OF SEAWATER

Let's first look at seawater. At the surface it weighs (at the surface) 64.1 lbs/cubic foot. [4]

Converting 10 tons into pounds = 20,000 lbs. / second.

There are 86,400 seconds in a 24 hour period.

(86,400 seconds) x (20,000 lbs of seawater/second) = 1,728,000,000 CUBIC FEET of sea water launched into the sky over a 24 hour period.

To pump 10 TONS OF WATER PER SECOND 3,000 meters high into the air requires extremely powerful pumps, employing extremely high suction and water flow. Can Gate's pumping ships prevent sucking up plankton? Highly unlikely. Even if the ships use fine filters to prevent plankton entering the pumps, delicate plankton will undoubtedly be destroyed by the impact of slamming into screens and filters. In short, these ships will be mass sea life slaughtering machines.

HIGHER FORMS OF SEALIFE

There are billions of small fish which will be killed when they are pinned to the pump filters by the high water flow. What this kind of damage will do to the reproductive cycles of sea life is beyond our imagination. Could this spell the end for migrating salmon, sea turtles and other species?

Besides fish there will be dying seals and possibly sharks and whales and many other forms of sea-life pinned to water pump intake screens for as long as the pumps are running. Sea life not killed upon impact will slowly die of starvation. Plankton that somehow make it through pump impellers and are launched skyward will soon dry up and die from direct sunlight exposure without liquid water.

Even if the proposed ships use deep suction pipes to take in water below plankton levels, these ships will still kill sea life in massive quantities. Hole size in water filters is a compromise of preventing early clogging vs. passing water.

TWO KINDS OF CLOUDS AND GATES RAIN

Even a young student knows clouds are distilled water formed by evaporation. Rainwater nitrogen levels are the result of a complex water cycle [5]. When rain falls it becomes the best kind of irrigation on Earth. But what about a brackish-water rain storm? Is there some precedent for this?

Consider brackish salt water clouds which we'll refer to as Gates clouds. Gates clouds will create a seawater aerosol laced with salt along with other elements and compounds found in seawater. If oil in seawater is sucked into the pumps, then oil will also be launched high up into the clouds. Salt damage from these ships will make the Gulf of Mexico look pathetic.

If nothing else was learned from Fukushima, we should saw how fast radiation is transported around the world by clouds, rain and air currents onto dry land thousands of miles from Japan. Radioactive Iodine and other elements were found in Philadelphia and New Jersey, half-way around the world from Fukushima. So why won't Gates rainwater do the same thing? Logic says it will.

DAMAGE FROM GATES RAIN

Clouds turn to rain Â* often over land masses. Gates rain will kill crops, trees and other flora stone dead. When the rain drys up sea salts will be left behind to poison everything outside. Although a minor issue compared to mass starvation, anything made of carbon steel or aluminum outdoors will rust or corrode quickly.

Even vegetarians will be in an uproar Â* soon there could be nothing at all to eat. Trees will start dying and CO2 levels start to skyrocket. Trees are the only air scrubbers our planet has. When huge numbers of trees die we'll eventually have shortness of breath, and also experience new health issues and food shortage problems on a scale never seen in history. Let's hope that a mass die-off isn't the real goal of the Gates project.

We live in a carbon-obsessed world. How many million tons of CO2 will be generated to build Gates' monstrous fleet of ships? How many millions of tons of CO2 will his diesel engines generate to pump seawater skyward around the clock? It requires thousands of horsepower to generate thousands of pounds per square inch of water pressure to reach 3,000 meters into the air. And it also requires huge volumes of diesel fuel to keep these pumps running. Yet no one talks about any of this. Why?

All in all, this entire scheme by Gates will be an Earth-wrecking project and should never be allowed. It would be completely irresponsible for Gates not to explore all these issues I've raised here.

Weather modification by civilians and governments alike must be prohibited. There are too many people freely playing games with our lives, in that tiny sandbox we call Earth.

Even if this mad cloud generating scheme is implemented it may not work. But there is no doubt the floating garbage disposal ships will work and decimate the world's biggest food supply system.

Ted Twietmeyer

tedtw@frontiernet.net

PS - Please don't write to me about HAARP; already know about it. Thanks.

Sources:

[1] http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol ... 120011.ece

[2] http://www.vtaide.com/png/oceanchain.htm

[3] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plankton

[4] http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_does ... cubic_foot

[5] Common sense

http://www.rense.com/general94/billg.htm
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 06:59 AM.

USDA Subsidizing, Indoctrinating Young Farmers

USDA Wants Hipster Farmers

Sunday, July 24, 2011
    Lois Rain, Contributing Writer

Youth in their 20s and 30s are taking their hands to the plow, but what does the new trend in Hipster farming mean for the food future?

It is true, many of the younger generation don’t trust typical farming operations and are risking a new career in either growing their own and selling at local markets, or taking on the family farm.

At least half of today’s farmland is run by a much older crowd, and when they retire it appears the 40s and 50s crowd are unable to pick up the line. The USDA is seizing this opportunity to harvest the farmer Johnnies to continue agriculture under their model of farming. That’s why, under the 2008 Farm Bill, the department distributed $18 million to educate young growers and ranchers across the country. Farm programs are now appearing at many universities.

Secretary of Agriculture, Tom Vilsack, hopes that some of the beginning farmers will graduate to stakes in midsize and large farms as older farmers retire. “I think there needs to be more work in this area,” he said. “It’s great to invest $18 million to reach out to several thousand to get them interested, but the need here is pretty significant. We need to be even more creative than we’ve been to create strategies so that young people can access operations of all sizes.”

Garry Stephenson, of the Small Farms Program at Oregon State University, says he has not seen so much interest among young people in decades. “They’re young, energetic and idealist, and they’re willing to make the sacrifices.” That they are, and they may be unaware of what they’re digging into, if they take funds from the USDA.

Some of these particular young adults are citing punk rock, Karl Marx, and pro-Food Safety Law food journalist Michael Pollan as their inspiration. Their reasons for plowing the land appear to differ greatly from the more self-sufficient, young organic growers.

Many articles are simply calling all young people “hipsters” although in the pop cultural sense of the word, hipster conjures up an image of a self important, ostensibly anti-corporate trust fund kid. If that connotation is accurate (although possibly unfair), those could be type enticed by government help to keep agriculture afloat, but having the romantic ideal of helping the land, treating animals better, and being unconventional.

And it may start out that way. It just doesn’t take long before the subsidies with strings, chemicals, and Monsanto seeds flood in.

These trendy farmsters may have the best of intentions, but are they playing right into the hands of Club Agri? Tom Vilsack might as well be calling out to them from a ginger bread house, promising lots of goodies to get started, just as in the day of our farmers a few generations back.

Let’s hope, hipster or not, that young people do carry the torch for farmlands, but cultivate the land as it was before the USDA dependent, Monsanto molested, corporate steered, chem-agro days.

Lois Rain writes for Health Freedom Alliance, a terrific resource for health news and activism. Please visit to read pending legislation, ways to boycott Big Pharma, and other solutions for preserving our right to natural living.

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/07/...r-farmers.html

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 07:01 AM.

9/11 So Well Staged, WTC7 Collapse Reported In Advance

Video: ENHANCED VERSION: News Reports WTC7 Fell Before It Happens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltP2t9nq9fI

Feb 26, 2007

An astounding video uncovered from the archives today shows the BBC reporting on the collapse of WTC Building 7 over twenty minutes before it fell at 5:20pm on the afternoon of more 9/11. The incredible footage shows BBC reporter Jane Standley talking about the collapse of the Salomon Brothers Building while it remains standing in the live shot behind her head. How did the BBC know that it was going to collapse? And why did they report the collapse when it is clearly standing in the background?

prisonplanet.com/articles/february2007/260207building7.htm
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 07:01 AM.

Child Protective Services Kidnaps & Terrorizes Family

Homeschool, Anti-vaccine Family Ripped Apart by CPS: Chronology of a Kidnapping

Henderson Family ripped apart by CPS because of lifestyle

Henderson Family ripped apart byCPS because of lifestyle

Saturday, July 23, 2011
    69 comments

PASADENA, CA - The case of Jeffrey and Erica Henderson provides a continuation of the critical examination of Child Protective Services in the United States, as well as the legal framework in which CPS operates.

The Hendersons were investigated at their home following an anonymous tip that Mr. Henderson had slapped his daughter. Jeffrey Henderson was arrested on the scene, and their 6 children subsequently put into foster homes. The Hendersons speculate that the call was placed by their landlord, whom they had reported to the Health Department for having dangerous mold issues in their rental. Regardless of who placed the call, it is instructive to look at the chronology of how the system of "protecting children" has responded to this perceived threat to the welfare of six children ranging in age from 10 months to 8 years, all based on one phone call. This story might prove to be a similar cautionary tale as that of citizen spy programs in tyrannical regimes. The Hendersons' story, as well as the wider story of CPS abuse, reveals American society and its values, while questioning whose interests are really being served by removing children from the custody of their own parents.

For background, the Hendersons are proponents of homeschooling, home birthing, no vaccines, and are Messianic Jewish by faith. The Hendersons assert that their children are loved, well-cared for, and nurtured children and have not been abused by their parents. However, the chronology provided below suggests that these children have been repeatedly and profoundly abused by the very system supposedly charged with their protection.

The following timeline of events was provided by Erica Henderson, mother of these six children. Clearly, this is a one-sided representation of events and we cannot verify each of the statements, but most telling is the fact that all charges were eventually dropped. Yet, their children remain in foster homes under the direction of CPS. Until this family is reunited, we feel that the term kidnapping is properly applied.

May 25, 2010 – Pasadena police came to our door investigating child abuse stemming from an anonymous call made to 911. The caller said she heard Jeffrey slap Abigail. We did not let the police in. After almost two hours of talking to the police, they used a battering ram to gain entry to our home without a warrant and without our consent. During these two hours they tried to obtain a warrant by a judge in Pasadena and were told they could not have one as there were no exigent circumstances. They ran in, guns drawn, and told Jeffrey to get down on the ground. He did. Jeffrey was beaten, cuffed and taken to the hospital. Jeffrey was detained and ticketed from the hospital for PC 148 a1, resisting an officer. The officers searched our home, strip searched and interviewed our children and found no evidence of abuse. I was never arrested or ticketed.

The audio of the incident on May 25, 2010 is here:
    http://www.sovereignparty.com/audio/1-one.wav
    http://www.sovereignparty.com/audio/2-two.wav
    http://www.sovereignparty.com/audio/3-three.wav
    http://www.sovereignparty.com/audio/4-four.wav
    http://www.sovereignparty.com/audio/5-five.wav
    http://www.sovereignparty.com/audio/6-six.wav
    http://www.sovereignparty.com/audio/7-seven.wav
    http://www.sovereignparty.com/audio/8-eight.wav
    http://www.sovereignparty.com/audio/9-nine.wav

Partial video of the encounter:

June 14, 2010 - Jeffrey goes before a city counsel meeting and asks for help with our problems with the neighbor, the broken door and the bogus charges. He writes and rehearses a speech for the city council meeting. There are no comments or questions, he is ignored. We also write to our city counsel member, Victor Gordo. He does not respond.

June 2010 - Jeffrey begins fighting our case in propria persona, or without an attorney’s counsel. In court Jeffrey is informed that I am also charged with PC 148 a1. Jeffrey informs the court that he will be arguing the case for both of us.

June 2010 – March 2011 - Jeffrey goes to court once or twice a month filing motions that were denied. 3 more counts of PC 148 as well as 4 counts of misdemeanor child endangerment were added to each of us. The prosecution alleged we were guilty of resisting an officer by not opening the door when the police said to, and child endangerment because of the psychological damage suffered by the children from watching the door being beat down.

August 6, 2010 - Jeffrey goes to court on a scheduled court date and was arrested. The court did not serve Jeffrey with the paperwork, there is no proof of service on file. He spent 3 weeks in jail for a bench warrant for failure to appear on this case. He was released and continued to file motions.

November 23, 2010 - Jeffrey files a claim for damages against the city of Pasadena.

December 14, 2010 - Appeal demurrer overruled by Judge Beason.

December 22, 2010 - Jeffrey files a claim for damages against the county of Los Angeles.

March 7, 2011 - Jeffrey begins filing appeals through the appellate court for his denied motions. His requests in the appellate court are denied and he files a writ of certerari with the California Supreme court which was accepted on April 18, 2011. At this point his superior court case in Pasadena is put on hold until the Supreme Court makes a ruling.

The case was denied by the California Supreme Court on Monday April 25, 2011, the day Jeffrey and I were arrested. The police came to our home, knocked in both doors without warning and arrested Jeffrey and I and CPS took our children into custody as well. This action was coordinated by MART (Multi Agency Response Team). We were arrested on a bench warrant for failure to appear. These actions were carefully planned.

April 25 - June 21, 2011 - We sit in jail while we wait for our case to go to trial. Towards the end we were offered many “deals” by the prosecution, but did not take them because of our attorney’s advice that the case would be dismissed before it made it to trial. Jeffrey suffered greatly in jail, not getting a Kosher diet and being severely beaten in custody while hand-cuffed. His arm and five fingers were broken as well as sustaining soft tissue damage to the head.

June 21, 2011 - Judge Villa Lobos dismissed the case following an 1118.1 motion, for lack of grounds to proceed to trial. Jeffrey was released a day later due to a “hold” put on him as a result of his beating by the police. We were free, but homeless and childless. Our landlord removed everything out of our home while we were incarcerated. He did this without legal notice, and refuses to give us our things, including thousands of dollars in cash. We were told we must go before a judge in children's court on July 13, 2011 before our children can be released to our care.

Case No.: 0PS0215801
    Court Name: NORTHEAST/ALHAMBRA SUPR CT X
    Court Address: 150 WEST ...COMMONWEALTH AVE Court City: ALHAMBRAUPT
    Bail Amount: 0 Fine Amount: .00
    Court Date: 06/21/2011
    Sentence Date: 06/21/2011
    Number of days Sentenced: 0
    Disposition Code: DISM Disposition Description: DISMISSED

June 24, 2011 - We signed paperwork with an attorney to take over our lawsuit of the city of Pasadena, which now includes every incident that happened as a result of our unlawful arrest on April 25th, 2011.

July 13, 2011
    Jeff and Erica went to court at 8:30am, with some show of support by family and friends. They were then able to see the CPS charges against them:

1. Their children are not vaccinated.
    2. A neighbor reported seeing Jeff drink a beer.

The children are now wetting the bed while in foster care. The judge did not discuss them getting their children back. He stated that the youngest was allowed breastmilk ONLY from Erica, no longer allowing the Human Milk for Human Babies group to donate milk. And that they would look into placing the children in two foster homes that speak English. Another hearing is scheduled August 24th.

July 21, 2011
    The children have been moved into separate foster homes and are not receiving Erica's breastmilk for the baby, kosher meals, and now have not shown up for there court ordered visitation.

For more information about this case please visit the Henderson's blog: Henderson Children Belong at Home

For additional information about the vast history of proven CPS abuse, see below:

Whistleblower and former Senator Nancy Schaefer discussed CPS corruption and the business of legal kidnapping prior to her being shot to death in March, 2010. Originally believed to be a murder-suicide committed by her husband, compelling evidence has surfaced that suggests it to have been more likely a double homicide.

Innocence Destroyed, Part 1 (Graphic): Investigating the deaths of over 1,000 children per year in the custody of various states. Extraordinarily difficult to watch, but important in beginning to comprehend the magnitude of the violence done to children while under CPS care.

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/07/...ily-being.html

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 07:20 AM.

Melt-Through Simulation Done Before Fukushima - Vid

http://ex-skf.blogspot.com/2011/07/melt ... ed-by.html
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 02-02-2012 at 07:21 AM.