Page 206 of 740 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256306706 ... LastLast
Results 2,051 to 2,060 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    17 minutes of media bias against Ron Paul. Irrefutable evidence

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Romney Delegate Strength only 1.99 out of 100

Submitted by grandOPUS on Sat, 03/03/2012 - 22:15
    Delegates

Checking out CNN's Delegate Calculator, there's a little metric under Mitt Romney's name that read "1.99 Delegate strength".

GOP Delegate Calculator - Election Center 2012 - Elections & Politics from CNN.com

That's 1.99 out of 100. Folks, this race has only just begun!

When you click the "what's this?" link it says the following:

"It's easy to tell when presidential candidates have won a majority of the delegates up for grabs, but a lot harder to calculate when they have reached an earlier and more important milestone -- the moment when the delegate math has made their ultimate victory inevitable. That's what CNN's "delegate strength" score is designed to do.

When the score is low, a candidate's ultimate nomination is far from inevitable, regardless of how big a lead he or she has. When the score reaches 100 (or higher), it means that every candidate who has reached the level of support in past races has been considered the inevitable nominee at that point.

That's not a prediction of what will ultimately occur next year -- if 2012 is a unique election for any reason, those historical trends may not apply to the coming primary season. But in past years the delegate strength calculation has been a good guide to identify the moment when nearly all political observers -- including most supporters of the losing candidates -- have agreed that the fight for the nomination is effectively over."

Romney Delegate Strength only 1.99 out of 100 | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Video: Dr. Paul's TownHall @ Spokane, Ridgefield/Vancouver, & Seattle WA - March 2nd

Submitted by AnCapMercenary on Sat, 03/03/2012 - 01:42Ron Paul 2012
    Washington

Looks like another capacity crowd!

Spokane Convention Center, Spokane, WA:
    Courtesy of JagdtygerII's Channel - YouTube
    1of3: Ron Paul Spokane 2 Mar 2012 1/3 - YouTube
    2of3: Ron Paul Spokane 2 Mar 2012 2/3 - YouTube
    3of3: Ron Paul Spokane 2 Mar 2012 3/3 - YouTube

Clark County Event Center, Ridgefield/Vancouver, WA:

Courtesy of MrRyanColgrove's Channel - YouTube
    Ron Paul Vancouver WA March 2nd 2012 - YouTube

KATU Complete Coverage (Article+Video):

http://www.katu.com/politics/Ron-Paul-Freer-country-equals-r...

Seattle, WA:

Our very own Robin Koerner!
    The Founder of the BlueRepublican Movement asks the Doc to allay liberals' prevailing concerns over 'entitlements.'
    END the Empire! The original Blue Republican asks Ron Paul a question (Seattle, WA) - YouTube

KATU Direct Video URL's for Ridgefield Event:

1of3: http://kidkbim.s3.amazonaws.com/Ronp...8586.3.smi.mp4
    2of3: http://kidkbim.s3.amazonaws.com/Ronp...748598.smi.mp4
    3of3: http://kidkbim.s3.amazonaws.com/ronp...748596.smi.mp4

Complete Seattle Q&A Segment:

Courtesy of Capitalist52's Channel - YouTube
    Ron Paul Rally in Seattle,WA 03/02/2012 Q&A - YouTube

Alt. Seattle Q&A Segments:

How to stop Corporatism:
    Ron Paul on Corporate Welfare.MOV - YouTube

How to truly measure Inflation:
    Ron Paul on Inflation.wmv - YouTube

Samuel Adams, Tirless Irate Minority and Lighting the BrushFires of Liberty!
    Ron Paul, Brush Fires of Liberty .MOV - YouTube

================================================== ========

Alternative coverage of Dr. Paul's Spokane Convention Center, Spokane, WA Speech:

Q&A Portion:

Courtesy of Jackie O! No not that one.o)
    JackieOSullkan's Channel - YouTube

On the Occupy Movement:
    3.2.12 Ron Paul on the Occupy Movement - YouTube

Frothy = still Mr.Fake! Or why real "Social Conservatives" SHOULD vote for Dr. Paul, and not Santorum:
    3.2.12 - Ron Paul: Santorum Still a Fake - YouTube

MSM lied 2172 TIMES about Dr. Paul's "electability!"

Media Lied 2172 Times about Ron Paul's Electability - 3.2.12 - YouTube

A Veteran asks about Syria:
    Veteran Asks Ron Paul about Syria - 3.2.12 - YouTube

Local News Coverage:

Video Segment: http://cdn.bimfs.com/KREM/75fee388aee912e5c684e8486ff7066923...
    http://www.krem.com/news/local/Ron-Paul-makes-another-campai...

Ron Paul campaigns in Spokane, expects to do well in Washington

by KREM.com & Associated Press
    Posted on March 2, 2012 at 6:43 AM
    Updated today at 6:38 PM

SPOKANE-- Republican presidential hopeful Ron Paul returned to Spokane Friday.

Paul made a campaign stop at noon at the Spokane Convention Center. This was the second visit to Spokane for Paul in recent weeks. He visited the Convention Center in February.

The Republican presidential candidate says he expects to do well in Washington's caucuses on Saturday...

Gallery:

http://www.krem.com/news/local/Ron-Paul-makes-another-campai...

UPDATE 1:

RonPaul.wmv - YouTube
    KQNT590's Channel - YouTube
    Uploaded by KQNT590 on Mar 2, 2012

Raw video of Ron Paul at the Spokane Convention Center 3/2/2012 talking to a crowd of enthusiastic supporters about taxes, the Federal Reserve and other issues...

UPDATE 2:

FULL Set, courtesy of LibertyGal76's Channel - YouTube
    1of5: Ron Paul Spokane Rally March 2, 2012 (Part 1 of 5) - YouTube
    2of5: Ron Paul Spokane Rally March 2, 2012 (Part 2 of 5) - YouTube
    3of5: Ron Paul Spokane Rally March 2, 2012 (Part 3 of 5) - YouTube
    4of5: Ron Paul Spokane Rally March 2, 2012 (Part 4 of 5) - YouTube
    5of5: Ron Paul Spokane Rally March 2, 2012 (Part 5 of 5) - YouTube

Video: Dr. Paul's TownHall @ Spokane, Ridgefield/Vancouver, & Seattle WA - March 2nd | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 03-03-2012 at 11:54 PM.

WA caucus: Ron Paul wins exit poll for 2nd Legislative District

Submitted by Stephanie Ealy on Sat, 03/03/2012 - 20:04Daily Paul Liberty Forum
    Washington

Hundreds of people showed up for the Washington State 2nd Legislative District of Pierce County GOP caucus this morning. So much so, that after the 10:00 a.m. deadline to start the program had passed, 200 people were still waiting outside, with a total of around 800-900 caucus participants altogether.

You could feel the tension in the air from the start as the Republican nominee to go against Obama was a sticky conversation to carry on. While standing in line, my intuition kicked in to mellow out when the debate I was in with an older gentleman about Ron Paul's foreign policy started getting out of hand.

The Ron Paul heated debate

My voice rose as I said, "No, you are misunderstanding it sir, Ron Paul's foreign policy is not against war, he is against these careless, endless wars -- he believes in building up our National Defense and protecting our own borders, not building...

Read more: WA caucus: Ron Paul wins exit poll for 2nd Legislative District

WA caucus: Ron Paul wins exit poll for 2nd Legislative District | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

Graham : WA : USA | Mar 03, 2012 at 4:36 PM PST

Hundreds of people showed up for the Washington State 2nd Legislative District Pierce County GOP caucus this morning. So much so, that after the 10:00 a.m. deadline to start the program had passed, 200 people were still waiting outside, with a total of around 800-900 caucus participants altogether.

You could feel the tension in the air from the start as the Republican nominee to go against Obama was a sticky conversation to carry on. While standing in line, my intuition kicked in to mellow out when the debate I was in with an older gentleman about Ron PaulRon Paul's foreign policy started getting out of hand.

The Ron Paul heated debate

My voice rose as I said, "No, you are misunderstanding it sir, Ron Paul's foreign policy is not against war, he is against these careless, endless wars -- he believes in building up our National Defense and protecting our own borders, not building embassies and bases all around the world and protecting theirs -- we are spending a kazillion dollars and printing money out of thin air to fight these wars -- people are still getting killed today in these wars that are not about fighting for freedom anymore!"

With sparks flying, the older gentleman in his late 70's got right up in my face and said, "We tried that in WWI and it didn't work, look what happened -- Ron Paul is a fool, he doesn't know what he is talking about!"

After a few more exchanges, realizing people had stopped and were watching us, finally I smiled and said, "Sir I respect your views and do not want to fight with you." The funny thing was, we had already duked it out! No other word was spoken between the two of us, and I did not see him again in the sea of people.

The Washington state 2nd Legislative caucus

Before the proceedings officially started, the gentleman with the mic said, "Lets all take a moment of silence for the two young Powell boys who died not too far from here and our fallen soldiers." The biggest roar from the crowd erupted when all the military vets and active duty personnel stood up for recognition.

Before voting, each candidate's surrogate went up to speak. It was obvious the Ron Paul troops were in the house. When Dr. Paul's representative, Ken Kady, stood up to give his pitch for the Texas Congressman, all manner of shouting, whistling, hootin' and hollerin' broke out throughout Kady's speech. The other three had some random applause when their surrogate's stumped for Newt GingrichNewt Gingrich, Mitt RomneyMitt Romney and Rick SantorumRick Santorum, respectively.
    I asked several people who they were voting for and why:

"Our favorite is Gingrich, but we voted for Santorum because we knew Newt was smeared too much so he wouldn't have a chance to win," Coral St. John replied. Clair St. John piped in with, "Romney can't take any criticism, but he can dish it out." The St. John's proudly shared that they were both over 80-years-old, were the only ones who showed up from precinct 21.

"We came to persuade our Precinct Community Officer (PCO) to vote for Ron Paul, but when we got here we found out he was already a Ron Paul supporter," announced Christopher Kinney with a huge smile, from precinct 24 who had five voters and all were unanimous for Ron Paul.

"I came out to convince people to vote for Mitt Romney, because he is the most prepared, he knows business and he understands the private sector," said Bryce Sheldon, a well dressed preppy guy from precinct 36. Thirty-six won 4 votes for Santorum, 2 for Romney, 1 for both Gingrich and Paul.

"We're struggling because we don't agree, but we are both voting for Santorum because his ideas reflect our views," said Mr. and Mrs. Smallwood from precinct 19 -- Mitt took 5, Rick 4, Ron and Newt both took 2 votes from that one.

Exit poll results

As things were winding down at Graham-Kapowsin High School, in Graham, Wash., I conducted my own exit poll. I asked 21 precincts for their results and frankly could not wait to get home and put it on a spreadsheet. I thought for sure Rick Santorum had the most votes, then Ron Paul, and just behind them would be Mitt Romney. I was wrong! Ron Paul took 61 votes, Mitt Romney 53, Rick Santorum 51 and Newt Gingrich 17. It will be interesting to see the official results with Paul, Romney and Santorum so close.

As I made my rounds from table to table, a gentleman stopped me, with a smirk on his face, he proudly stated, "I'm a Mormon and I'm a Ron Paul supporter." I chuckled and replied, "Well I guess you don't hear that everyday, now do you!"

Imagine America restored video here.

Follow Stephanie EalyStephanie Ealy on Twitter @stephealy

Related reports:
    Ron Paul supporters put boots on the ground for him in DC
    Ron Paul reports big bucks for Jan, more endorsements from WA state
    Ron Paul: Thousands greet him in WA state

The One Thing That Would Get Ron Paul Followers To Stop Following Ron Paul

By Marin Cogan

For more than a week now, Republicans have been buzzing with rumors of a strategic alliance between Mitt Romney and Ron Paul. Leaving aside for a moment whether these rumors are true, they certainly seem unlikely to sit well with Paul's legion of uncompromising devotees. So on Saturday, I went to a Paul rally on a nearly frozen college campus in central Michigan to find out whether any of them could stomach supporting Romney, even if Paul asked very nicely.

"Hell no!" says Nick Marroni, a 30-year-old indie game designer brandishing a copy of End the Fed. "I think he's a total creep. He's exactly the same as Gingrich, Santorum, and Obama, they're all creeps. They're all corrupt." And if Paul endorsed him? "I'd just be disappointed in Ron Paul. I don't support Ron Paul because it's Ron Paul. I support what he represents."

The notion that Paul might be angling for a vice-presidential slot for himself—or for his son, Rand—sounds especially absurd to the people who claim to know him best. To hear them tell it, the so-called cult of Ron Paul is a myth. The cult surrounds his message—his anti-Fed evangelism, his anti-intervention credo—and Paul has only maintained his role as their leader by remaining doggedly committed to it through his decades-long career. As Thaddeus McCotter, a colleague of Paul's in the House, told me this weekend, libertarians make "terrible co-conspirators." They're too independent and too stubborn to consider supporting someone like Mitt Romney, who, as retired staff sergeant Rhys Williams says, "is a carbon copy of Obama—no, he's worse."

Williams calls over Joe Jurecki, a rotund, Marine Corps vet in a mustard-colored sweater, and asks, "Hey, do you think Ron Paul will endorse Mitt Romney?" "No," Jurecki says. "Ron Paul won't do it. He stood on principle his whole career. The only reason he's at where he's at now is because he stood strong." Williams nods, and then turns to me. This whole Romney-Paul alliance, he says, is "media skullduggery."

I remind them that Ron Paul participated in a recent New York Times story noting that the two had a friendly relationship--and that The Washington Post has reported that they coordinate on minor details, such as the timing of election night speeches. But Jurecki is nonplussed, suggesting these stories are just a Romney ploy to tame their influence. "They know without our vote they cannot win," he says. "They don't want to tick us off. They know a lot of us won't vote for him anyway if he's the nominee but they definitely don't want us working against them. They also don't want Ron getting mad and running third party."

In the online Ron Paul forums, there was—unsurprisingly—a more conspiratorial theory: the "alliance" was a lie, cooked up by Romney and served to the public by the media. The sinister goal here, wrote one commenter on Daily Paul, "is to disillusion his supporters into thinking that he too, like Romney, is a sell out and a RINO so that when he loses supporters won't be so upset and will vote for Romney."

Of course, there is a more banal, less sinister, and altogether more likely explanation: maybe Ron Paul and Mitt Romney just like each other? "Being cordial is one thing," says Joel Robideaux, a state representative from Louisiana who endorsed Paul. But "making concessions and compromises—that's really not his style. For those of us who kind of live in the political world and who cover it, it's oftentimes a lot less complicated than what people try to make of it." And in any case, Robideaux says, an alliance—even if one existed—almost certainly wouldn't work. "As beloved as Dr. Paul is with his supporters I'm not sure he can deliver them to someone like Romney," Robideaux says. "Even if he begged them."

Read more from Death Race 2012
    "The Third Man: Walter Kirn on Why Ron Paul the Steadiest Candidate in the Race"
    "The GOP Neckwear at the CNN Debate, Ranked From Best to Worst"
    "Even Rush Limbaugh is Bummed Out About This GOP Primary"
    "A Senator Without Constituents: Russ Feingold on Obama, the GOP primary, and the Tea Party's patriotism deficit"
    "GQ's Presidential Playlist: Michigan Edition"

"The Thimble vs. The Iron: Walter Kirn on Why The Republican Primary Has Turned Into a Game of Monopoly"

Follow Reid on Twitter.

photo: Getty Images / Justin Sullivan

The One Thing That Would Get Ron Paul Followers To Stop Following Ron Paul: Death Race 2012: GQ on Politics: GQ

Attention Minnesotans for Ron Paul! MN GOP trying to identify and disqualify elected Ron Paul Delegates!

Submitted by Professor Wall on Fri, 03/02/2012 - 12:00
    Delegates

Minnesotans elected as delegates for Ron Paul, Beware! There is a concerted effort going on in the Minnesota GOP to identify and disqualify elected Ron Paul delegates from moving on from the BPOU Conventions! Please be VERY careful when questioned by the GOP as to who you are supporting or what issues are important to you!

They are trying to remove the Ron Paul delegates from the picture before they can get to the State Convention or to the National Convention in Tampa and in so doing offset any real advantage we might have. Get the word out to all Minnesotans for Ron Paul please! Keep in touch with the campaign and be careful when talking to other GOP people!

Attention Minnesotans for Ron Paul! MN GOP trying to identify and disqualify elected Ron Paul Delegates! | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty

So what do we do when They Ignore our Delegates?

Submitted by Mruiz on Sat, 03/03/2012 - 23:11
    Think it's that Easy?

Think we just go to the RNC and clean house?

Think 100 years of a Corrupt Foreign Banking Establishment rule over our lives just ends?

Do you Think they won't pull a stunt like every freaking election so far?

Ok... Fine, live in that Fantasy world...

But for a second ask yourself what happens if they dismiss us at the RNC... If they Steal the nomination from us then!

What will you do?? Go home to your Keyboards?

So what do we do when They Ignore our Delegates? | Ron Paul 2012 | Peace . Gold . Liberty