Page 216 of 740 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266316716 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    The Movement Has Begun ~ No Paul = No Vote in November

No Paul = No Vote in November

Saturday, March 10, 2012 – by Ron Holland

Ron Holland

"I would also say of Ron Paul he doesn't need to win. In his view he is winning already. This is an ideological point he is making. But here's why it's electorally significant – a lot of people, I mean 41 percent in Virginia, only two people on the ballot, still a lot of people voted for Ron Paul. A lot of those voters are portable. They're not Republican – they're not dedicated Republican voters." – Tucker Carlson, Editor, The Daily Caller

It is time for a groundswell of Ron Paul supporters to quietly, respectfully but firmly make their position clear to the mainstream media and the GOP establishment. Simply put, "No Paul on the ticket means no vote for the GOP in November."

The Ron Paul Campaign has the GOP establishment stuck between a rock and a hard place even though they have not won a single state in the primaries to date. Every Paul supporter knows the underhanded tactics used by the Republican leadership at the state and national level as well as the organized smear and news blackout campaign carried out by the mainstream media.

Making Nice For the November Election

As we move into the last months of the GOP presidential nomination campaign, most of the establishment media are now "making nice" with Ron Paul and his supporters. He actually gets questions during the debates, some press coverage and the other candidates seem friendly. The reason is simple. The Republican Party desperately needs the votes of Ron Paul supporters in order to win in November against Obama.

Obviously, Virginia Heffernan didn't get the memo in her typical anti-Paul elitist drivel titled Ron Paul's Pointless Internet Presidency posted on Yahoo earlier in the week but now this is the exception rather than standard procedure for the press. The word has gone out to be nice and respectful to Ron Paul so they can get our votes in November.

Too Little Too Late

The Republican establishment has obviously done its homework with focus groups, polling, etc. and here is their situation. Although they have successfully held back the Ron Paul campaign to date from threatening to win the GOP presidential nomination, in the dirty tricks process they have ostracized the substantial Paul voting constituency even more from the GOP than before.

Paul supporters are far more than portable as suggested by Tucker Carlson; rather they are toxic toward the GOP elites and very few will now support any of the establishment candidates after the abusive treatment given to Ron Paul as well as the crude attacks against Paul supporters.

I well understand these feelings of resentment, as I am a Ron Paul supporter. There is no way I will vote for either Romney, Santorum or Gingrich, although I certainly prefer their fake rhetoric to the Obama propaganda. If Ron Paul isn't the Republican nominee for president, then the establishment nominee desperately needs the votes of his supporters in order to beat Obama in the fall general election.

The establishment knows the Gingrich and Santorum voters in the GOP Presidential primary will eventually vote for Mitt Romney in November if he wins the Republican presidential nomination at the GOP convention beginning on August 27th, 2012. They also know and fear that most Ron Paul supporters will not vote for the nominee and will likely stay away from the polls in droves thus hurting the other Republican candidates for the House and Senate as well for state and local elections. Basically, 15% of the GOP primary voters will sit out the 2012 November election and this almost guarantees the re-election of Barack Obama.

Why Don't I Really Care If the Democrats or Republicans Win in November?

My answer is regardless of whether Romney or Obama wins the general election despite all the anti-Obama rhetoric by the Republican establishment, little will change on major issues. Romney's campaign promises are identical to all other presidential campaign promises, much to do about nothing. Neither Bush nor Obama kept their campaign promises and neither will Romney.

Course of Action

First, we redouble our efforts in voting and funding the Ron Paul Campaign up through the final primary and caucus.
    Second, in editorials, articles or discussions with the press or GOP leadership always emphasize your plans to stay at home on election day if a Ron or Rand Paul is not on the ticket.

Third, at the Republican National Convention when the presidential nomination is handed to Romney, assuming he wins, we continue to stress "NO PAUL = NO VOTE IN NOVEMBER."

Finally, we then wait at the convention for the personal phone call from Mitt Romney following private preliminary discussions where Rand Paul is asked to be the Vice Presidential candidate on a Romney/Paul ticket after assurances Ron Paul will be nominated for an appropriate cabinet level appointment such as Secretary of the Treasury or Defense.

Ron Paul deserves some family time off following the years of campaigning and educating the American people about liberty. He has done more to advance the cause of limited government, peace, liberty and free markets than any American since the time of the American Revolution.

Mitt Romney has spent the last seven years running for President of the United States so obviously he really wants to win. Romney and his advisors must know that without the 15% plus of GOP voters supporting Ron Paul who, unlike Gingrich and Santorum supporters, will sit the election out, he cannot defeat Barack Obama without our support. His only option is to put a "Paul" on the ticket.

Although a Vice President Rand Paul is a great tactical victory, this is only a battle in a long war for the restoration of liberty and legitimate constitutional government to the United States.

When I was a young man in the military during the 1970s, I well remember the antiwar crowds shouting "Hell, no, we won't go!" in opposition to the Vietnam War. Today, 40-plus years later, I'm a grandfather and maybe older and wiser but still willing to a little more respectfully tell the same power elites running this country and both political parties, "Hell, no, I won't go." But this time it is to the polls in November unless there is a Paul on the ticket.

Will you join me?

The Daily Bell - No Paul = No Vote in November
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Alaska District Convention. More good news!

Submitted by joeallen on Sat, 03/10/2012 - 23:37

I have just returned from the Fairbanks area district conventions. Districs 1, 2 and 3 did not have enough people to fill a slate and they will reconvene in the next week.

Districts 4 and 38 report well over 50% of the delegates as Ron Paul suporters.

District 5 reports 10 solid Paul supporters and 2 more likely supporters, out of 14 positions to be filled.

The Anchorage area estimates about 55% Ron Paul supporters!

The moral: Go to your district, county or area conventions and become a delegate.

Bring as many Ron Paul supporters as possible to vote for you and the Paul supporters.

In dist.5 there was a vote because there were more people wanting to be delegates than spots to fill. We are winning!!!

Also Juneau reports a majority as well!

Alaska District Convention news. More good news! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Polk County Convention (des moines) Iowa

Submitted by iowadelegate on Sat, 03/10/2012 - 22:33 Iowa

At my precinct Paul got 18% of the vote, 20% of the delegates. 4 of the caucusers were Santorum supporters(he got 35% or so of the caucus vote at the precinct . . and then me, the lone Paul supporter.

I somehow got 2 of them to vote for me, I voted for myself and the other guy who was elected. I even told em I was a Paul supporter.

We wound up with 50% of the delegates for my precinct. The other 50% went to Santorum.

1 delegate from our precinct did technically become a delegate for a different precinct because there we open spots....

but we have a solid 50% in my precinct. Now I just have to get someone to work on April 21 for me.

TL/DR: I'm going to state and districts in Iowa. You're welcome.

polk county convention (des moines) | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Great News from California: We Can Win this State with a Canvas Crew

Submitted by Dr.K.Research on Sat, 03/10/2012 - 00:45
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

In California, right now, campaigning. The pros on this site are right: we have to talk to people to win. Walking around a massive trade show with Ron Paul stickers plastered all over my shirt. People are coming up to me like mad with enthusiasm and thumbs-up.

I have interviewed a number of people, including those running trade show booths, and will be uploading the videos shortly.

Also, while traveling, stopped at a number of gas stations. Asked clerks and people at the pump if they knew the doctor and gave SB & bumpers. Many, many people were either receptive or said, "Yes, I like Ron Paul." It's huge here beyond belief.

Less warmongers. It's easier. Lots of young people, freedom-oriented. They're trying to make their lives better: perfect Ron Paul-ites. They could all be on-board.

The intellectuals, here, are pro-Ron Paul. There are countless activists. If a coordinated effort is made to get out the vote, California is OURS. There is no one else on the lips and minds of Californians except Ron Paul.

There are issues: apathy, "can he win?", and others: but they are still supporters and are coming around.

We need a massive effort. I'm proposing a Canvas Crew program for California and other states. The media blackout must be countered with SB and other literature. We put our best campaigners together and canvas, canvas, and canvas. Let's use this thread to create the platform. Let's put a smile on the good doctor's face with some major wins. Let's create the winnning door-to-door team. California is OURS!!

I'm telling Californians: "You Californians could change history: you can win this state for Dr.Paul."

Summary: the interest: MASSIVE. With one-on-one campaigning: LANDSLIDE.

Great News from California: We Can Win this State with a Canvas Crew | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul wins Hot Springs County Wyoming!

Submitted by Wyoming for Paul on Sun, 03/11/2012 - 00:15
    Delegates
    Wyoming

Such an exciting caucus day!!! Our County gets an alternate delegate to the National Convention (Wyoming rotates Counties every 4 years). The good news is, the alternate is on the floor at the convention and fills in if the other delegate doesn't make it, or can't vote for some reason.

Our caucus was estimated to take 3 hours, and it was a beautiful day here which hurt attendance.

As the 3 hours approached, we were only about 1/2 way through so people started leaving (both establishment and some of our older folks).

That's right, we have some older folks for RP here! We've worked very hard.

Anyway, by the time we voted for the alternate delegate it was between me (I've only lived here 11 months) and the County district attorney who has been here forever and supports Santorum "because he doesn't attack the other candidates". ROFL.

I gave my speech and did my best, then he got up, shrugged, and said he wanted to go. No speech, reasons, nothing. I still figured I was in trouble. They asked a question or 2 of us and voted...then the count...a preamble by our chair...the announcement - I won by 1 vote!!!

On the floor at the convention!!! The deciding vote was cast by a lady at my church who I asked last week if she would vote for me. Every vote counts folks!!!

Also, one of our members approached me afterwards. It seems his brother, another Ron Paul delegate is the actual delegate from another County. We are carpooling.

More good news, 4 of the 6 delegates to the State convention (including my wife & I) are Ron Paul people.

My little county got it done. We can win this!!!
    In Liberty,
    Mike

Ron Paul wins Hot Springs County Wyoming! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Ron Paul Attracts 2,300-plus Voters to Massive Greene County Town Hall Meeting

Springfield-area town hall meeting marks second stop with 2,000-plus attendees—as hours before over 2,500 joined Paul in St. Charles County

ST. LOUIS, Missouri – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul drew another huge crowd to a town hall meeting in Missouri, attracting 2,300-plus supporters and voters to a nighttime Greene County event just hours after over 2,500 people attended his St. Charles County gathering.

The 12-term Congressman from Texas’ Greene County Town Hall Meeting took place at 7:30 p.m. CST in the Gymnasium of Hillcrest High School, located at 3319 N. Grant Avenue, Springfield, MO 65803. Dr. Paul spoke about how growth in government occurs at the expense of the nation’s increasingly-fragile economy, and how wrongheaded policies coming out of establishment wings of both political parties prolong the hardship of those not fortunate to receive bailouts sourced from hard-earned tax dollars. In addition, Dr. Paul touted his ‘Plan to Restore America,’ a proposal experts praise as an ambitious, sound economic blueprint for the nation’s recovery.

Below please find pictures of Congressman Paul’s Greene County event, attended by 2,300-plus supporters and undecided voters.

Ron Paul Draws 2,500-plus Voters to St. Charles County Massive Town Hall Meeting

Standing-room-only crowd assembles to hear Dr. Paul speak, engage voters on liberty and economy

ST. LOUIS, Missouri – 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul attracted a remarkable 2,500-plus voters at a massive town hall meeting held in St. Charles County, Missouri today.

The standing-room-only St. Charles County Town Hall Meeting with Dr. Paul and thousands of voters took place at 3:00 p.m. CST at Lindenwood University – Hyland Arena, located at 209 S. Kingshighway, St. Charles, MO 63301. Dr. Paul asked the crowd to consider economic and civil liberties as inseparable, a state of affairs that would result in a freer, more prosperous society. He also mentioned aspects of his path-breaking ‘Plan to Restore America,’ an economic blueprint that experts say far outpaces the recovery proposals of Dr. Paul’s rivals for the Republican nomination for the presidency.

Dr. Paul takes the podium as supporters and media capture images.
    The 12-term Texas Congressman’s event attracted 2,500-plus supporters and undecided voters.

###

Ron Paul Draws 2,500-plus Voters to St. Charles County Massive Town Hall Meeting*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Great Organizational work in Nevada – Paul supporters seize control of Clark County GOP

Paul supporters seize control of Clark County GOP

From the Las Vegas Review Journal
    By Laura Myers
    LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Posted: Mar. 10, 2012 | 10:48 a.m.

Supporters of GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul on Saturday effectively took control of the Clark County Republican Party by winning election to 14 executive board positions, or two-thirds of the ruling body.
    The election came during the county GOP convention where Paul delegates dominated, winning as many as half of the 1,382 delegates nominated to the state convention May 2-4 in Sparks.

Paul supporters chanted “Paul, Paul, Paul” as the new executive board took the stage.

“This is the grass roots taking a stand to change the direction of the party from the county level,” said Carl Bunce, Nevada chairman of Paul’s campaign and a delegate. “This is bigger than just Ron Paul. This is about liberty and openness and fairness and changing the party.”

Bunce said Paul supporters share the same goal as the other Republican candidates: to defeat President Barack Obama in the fall no matter who becomes the GOP nominee.

Read the rest of the story HERE

Great Organizational work in Nevada - Paul supporters seize control of Clark County GOP*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

Ron Paul Wins U.S. Virgin Island Caucus

The media is reporting that Mitt Romney won the U.S. Virgin Island Caucus when Ron Paul actually won the popular vote. Explains Business Insider’s Michael Brendan Dougherty in his piece:
    “Ron Paul Just Won a Caucus But the Media is Telling you Mitt Romney Did”

Ron Paul won the GOP caucus in the Virgin Islands, or at least he won the most votes according to the Virgin Islands Republican Party.
    Right now the count stands this way:

384 total cast
    112 to Paul (29%)
    101 to Romney (26%)
    23 to Santorum (6%)
    18 to Gingrich (5%)

But as with all caucuses it isn’t that simple.

The AP and others reported yesterday that Mitt Romney won the Virgin Islands caucus.

And they aren’t entirely wrong, because of the crazy rules that are around caucuses, Mitt Romney was able to qualify for more delegates, and win them. One of the “uncommitted” delegates also went to Romney.

So maybe the media isn’t entirely unjustified in saying Romney won it.

But we think they buried the real story…

It is the first territory where Paul has clearly beaten Romney in a popular vote…

Slate’s Dave Weigel also reports on the confusing/misleading reports that Romney won the U.S. Virgin Island Caucus:

How did Paul get 11 more votes than Romney, but lose to him on delegates? It’s complicated. The Virgin Islands doesn’t portion out delegates by popular vote. Voters literally elect delegates– the six with the most support get to go to Tampa.

Here’s the deal: If the popular vote is what means a candidate has “won” a primary or caucus, then Ron Paul unquestionably won the U.S. Virgin Island Caucus, in the same way Santorum “won” Iowa, Romney “won” New Hampshire, Gingrich “won” South Carolina, etc.

But if actual delegate counts as “winning”–as the media is portraying Romney’s “win” in the U.S. Virgin Island Caucus–then this proves what our campaign has been saying all along: That Ron Paul stands to collect more delegates than anyone realizes despite where the other candidates finished in each state’s straw poll.

If the popular vote means you’ve won, then Ron Paul just won the U.S. Virgin Island Caucus. If collecting delegates equals victory, then Paul stands to do well there too.

The media is trying to have it both ways with Romney and the Virgin Island Caucus while ignoring Ron Paul’s actual straw poll first place victory.

Not that media duplicity is ever of any surprise to Paul and his supporters.

Ron Paul Wins U.S. Virgin Island Caucus*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee

“Sweet” Ron Paul

Dickinson State University scholar Clay Jenkinson asks “Why Can’t They All Be as Sweet as Ron Paul?” in North Dakota’s Bismarck Tribune:

The national Republican presidential campaign came home to North Dakota last week. Ron Paul flew to Fargo for the caucuses. I felt that sweet pride we North Dakotans experience when someone of national importance ventures voluntarily into our sovereign space, and mentions us, too…

To my mind, he is easily the most likeable of this year’s Republican candidates, in large part because he has a strange penchant for telling the truth. He does not spout “ethanol” in Iowa, “steel price supports” in Pennsylvania and “tobacco subsidies” in Kentucky, and he does not in Florida promise that we will put a man on Mars within 25 years and pledge — insanely — that “by the end of my second term, we will have a permanent colony on the moon and it will be American.” Paul is 76, but he somehow seems like the youngest person on the campaign trail…

"Sweet" Ron Paul*|*Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign CommitteeRon Paul 2012 Presidential Campaign Committee