Page 221 of 740 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271321721 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,210 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk 3/12/12: Obama Administration Gone Rogue

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

GOP Intimidation of Ron Paul Delegates

Ryan W. McMaken
    LRC Blog
    March 13, 2012

In some places, such as Maine and Minnesota, Ron Paul is likely to outperform the straw polls in terms of proportion of delegates won. As Lew Rockwell has noted, here and here, Ron Paul activists are sometimes able to take control of the local machines.

Sometimes, however, the opposite apparently happens. As The Washington Times reported on March 10th, Paul actually underperformed his vote tally in Wyoming with local caucuses over the weekend.

If you’ve ever been a Ron Paul delegate, you know that the GOP central committees will employ every trick in the book to avoid having to seat Ron Paul delegates. They will freely ignore their own bylaws, apply rules in such a manner as to only exclude Paul delegates, and will liberally employ intimidation tactics through verbal abuse, and even physical manhandling of delegates.

In the end, if everything else fails, they’ll attempt to get you to switch your vote by begging you to be a “team player” and by claiming that Romney is electable and that your dissent will keep Obama in power.

They did it in 2008, and some Ron Paul delegates switched their vote to the “electable” John McCain at the national convention, as I noted here.

I described my own delegate experience in 2008 here. Trust me, they’ll do everything they can to intimidate, harass or just plain exclude you. Be ready for it.

The video shows what is probably a fairly typical experience for many delegates:

» GOP Intimidation of Ron Paul Delegates Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Similar/Related Articles

Oklahoma Delegates for Ron Paul Fight To Be Counted And Win
    Did Ron Paul Lose Iowa Delegates?
    Good News for Ron Paul: Florida May Allow Proportional Delegates
    Secret Service confiscates books & buttons from Ron Paul delegates
    Paul Campaign: We’re Winning The Battle For Delegates
    Will Ron Paul win more delegates this week than Gingrich, Santorum?
    Washington Caucus is (another) delegates battle Ron Paul can win
    GOP Delegates Have To Deal With The Surge of Ron Paul Supporters
    Secret Service confiscates books & buttons from Ron Paul delegates
    Ron Paul Doubles Vote Tally, Captures Equal Number of Delegates As Romney & Santorum
    Ron Paul Delegates Advocate Civil Disobedience
    Super Delegates: Thwarting the Rank and File

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ron Paul Has The Biggest Caucus!

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 03-13-2012 at 10:19 PM.

John Stossel speech (Ron Paul's position on defense makes sense)

Is Ron Paul Taleb's New Black Swan?

Submitted by Tyler Durden on 03/13/2012 12:21 -0400

While he does have some new philosophy (at X% off MSRP of course, coming to a Kindle near you) to preach, Nassim Taleb's re-emergence from the darkness of the media spotlight starts with a bang: "I realized that something wrong is going on, and only one candidate 'Ron Paul' seems to have grasped the issues and is offering the right remedies". He was given quite a lengthy period to proselytize as he outlines the Big Four problems he sees with the USA (and for that matter the world): Deficits (metastatic governments), The Fed, Militarism, and non-Bailouts (what is fragile should break early). As Ron Paul notes, "It's an illusion that the USD can bailout the world", Taleb makes many interesting, though a little murmur-some for our liking, points like "you don't gamble with hyperinflation" and his comparison between the US and the Soviet Union will surely raise some headlines as he rants of the growing divide between public and private employees standards of living, our "need to do something drastic about it" and on Obama/Government and deficit reduction that "the whole thing is rotten".

"I don’t care about [Ron Paul's] chances. I support him. We have no other solutions. It is my duty as a citizen and as a taxpayer who doesn’t want to be hoodwinked in the long term by bureaucrats."
    Nassim Taleb

Is Ron Paul Taleb's New Black Swan? | ZeroHedge

Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 03-13-2012 at 10:49 PM.

Congressman Tim Johnson (Illinois) Endorses Ron Paul

Submitted by pixel-chick on Tue, 03/13/2012 - 13:20
    Ron Paul 2012

Downstate congressman endorses Ron Paul for president

By Rick Pearson
    Clout Street
    12:19 p.m. CDT, March 13, 2012

Veteran Republican U.S. Rep. Tim Johnson of Urbana has endorsed Ron Paul for the Republican presidential nomination ahead of next week’s Illinois primary.

The two will appear at an event at the University of Illinois on Wednesday night to rally support for the Texas congressman.

Johnson, an unorthodox 12-year Republican, was the lone member of Illinois GOP congressional delegation to refuse to join a federal court challenge of new Democratic-drawn congressional boundaries. A federal court panel upheld the new map.

“I am honored to call Ron Paul my colleague and most importantly my friend. I have always admired Rep. Paul but my respect for this great man's leadership grows more all the time. He is one of the most principled men I have ever met,” Johnson said in a statement.

“The Ron Paul Revolution has indeed taken hold in this country and I am proud to be able to stand with this great American,” he said.

Paul is amassing some national nominating delegates but has yet to win a state primary or caucus. Johnson is only the fourth member of Congress to endorse Paul, including the candidate’s son, Sen. Rand Paul, R-Ky.

Downstate congressman endorses Ron Paul for president - chicagotribune.com

Congressman Tim Johnson (Illinois) Endorses Ron Paul | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 03-14-2012 at 01:38 AM.

Ron Paul prayer campaign

Submitted by RP_or_RIP on Fri, 02/24/2012 - 13:59
    Ron Paul 2012

I've heard this expressed in some comments, but isn't it time for a Ron Paul Prayer Campaign?

As St. Augustine said, "Pray as though everything depended on God and act as if everything depended on you." Most of us are already doing the latter, but what about the former?

Now, I well know that not everyone here believes in Almighty God, and that's fine. We have a coalition of liberty lovers here, who understand the original founding principles of America, and want to get back to them. I mean no disrespect to those people, who I consider allies for the restoration of America.

Back to the point at hand, this isn't any kind of organized thing (at least not yet), but all I ask is that if you are willing to pray *1 HOUR* per week for Ron Paul's campaign to be propelled forward according to God's will, and for America to be restored, then PLEASE POST BELOW and spread to other like-minded Ron Paul supporters.

I really strongly believe that the enemies here (underlying the GOP establishment, the Dem establishment, the MSM, etc) are spiritual enemies more than physical, and I think a massive amount of prayer and fasting is the only way to overcome this.

Ronald Reagan also knew deeply the power of prayer and I am convinced that is what enabled him to win election, after what at the time seemed like long odds, and largely succeed in his presidency.

Ron Paul prayer campaign | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Ron Paul 2012

Josh Tolley: Ron Paul is Going to Win – Mar 12 2012 - Audio

Josh Tolley: Ron Paul is Going to Win – Mar 12 2012 | Ron Paul videos - Ron Paul Flix

Like I have said Many, Many Times..... Paul will be the Next POTUS

Paul has the Youth Vote Locked Up 18 -30

Blacks are deserting Obama for Paul

Military and Veterans are behind him in MASSIVE Numbers

He'll pull 20 - 25 percent of the Republican Base

Independants will support him in far greater numbers than any of the other 3 turds floating in the Punch bowl on the Right or the Crap Sandwich representing the left .. which by the way could also be called a Soup Sandwich cause there aint no Consistancy other than vacations / Golf Games Played / Date Night on the Tax Payers Dime

You dont have to believe me... actually, if you are on the other side, I hope you dont and just blow it off till election day

It's Ron Paul or No One
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 03-14-2012 at 03:48 AM.

A military member (Capt Anonymous) speaks the truth about the War on Terror and current state of the US economy. Pleads for Americans to vote Ron Paul to end the War.