Page 712 of 740 FirstFirst ... 212612662702708709710711712713714715716722 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,120 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Ron Paul Would Have Crushed Obama in the Presidential Debate

Submitted by legalizeliberty on Thu, 10/04/2012 - 15:37
    Election 2012

After watching the first presidential debate between President Barack Obama and former Governor Mitt Romney (I live blogged the entire debate for PolicyMic), I couldn't help but think how different the debate would have been if Texas Congressman Ron Paul had been the Republican nominee and had the chance to debate President Obama instead.

While Romney appeared more aggressive and assertive than the president — who looked tired, shaky, and noticeably rusty after nearly four years of no primary debating — there was much more rhetoric and half-truths to Romney's attacks than substance.

So while we will sadly never know how a debate between Paul and Obama would look like, here is how Paul would have likely responded to the debate questions and actually provided Americans a real alternative.

Continue:
    http://www.policymic.com/articles/15854/ron-paul-would-have-...

Ron Paul Would Have Crushed Obama in the Presidential Debate | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Reality Check: What is QE3? And What It Means For The U.S. Economy

Published on Sep 19, 2012 by BenSwannRealityCheck

Ben Swann Reality Check explains QE3 and what it means for you

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Jesse Ventura: "Clint Eastwood Only Got It Half Right!"

Submitted by legalizeliberty on Thu, 10/04/2012 - 15:09
    Election 2012

Clint Eastwood only got it half right. Jesse Ventura finishes the job.

http://youtu.be/LV_8xsV3Mbk

Libertarian Action Super PAC is responsible for the content of this message. Paid for by Libertarian Action Super PAC. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

http://www.LASPAC.org

Donate here to help us run this ad on TV: http://do.nr/nDc

Jesse Ventura: "Clint Eastwood Only Got It Half Right!" | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

your partually right ... but its still NO ONE BUT PAUL

I have seen enough of these two Jokers and the Fraud MAFIA Party they Represent

California gas prices over the past few days. It is a bad sign for the rest of you.

Submitted by Mitch951 on Thu, 10/04/2012 - 21:09
    Markets
    California

Gasoline has shot up by 10's of cents over the past few days here in Southern California.

I personally paid $4.62 a gallon for the weekly fill at my local 76 station. Was not even $4.05-12 a few days ago. Makes me extremely happy to be the owner of a peppy 4 cylinder car... Two-three years ago it cost $25 for a full tank. These days it is $50+.

http://www.californiagasprices.com/retail_price_chart.aspx

The blame is being put on refinery problems. Typical.

Prepare for it my friends, I don't see it slowing down until people are priced out of driving their vehicles down the street. And I wish I could say that is an exaggeration.

California gas prices over the past few days. It is a bad sign for the rest of you. | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Surprise! Obama is going to throw the election

Submitted by Barracuda_Trader on Thu, 10/04/2012 - 23:14
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum
    DP Original

"Mark my words; Obama is going to throw the fight for the same reasons a prize fighter does it."

"The difference between throwing a fight and quitting in one is all about premeditation and motive. If you go into a fight planning to lose in order to reap some form of reward, that’s throwing a fight. If you go into a fight with a messed up mind and a general lack of motivation that leads to you tapping out when you really didn’t have to, that’s just a sign that you either need to reevaluate or find a new line of work." Barracuda Trader

I am surprised but with a little thought it was obvious this was coming.

When Michelle O. makes the rounds on recent talk shows saying she "doesn't mind being First Lady..."

That's code for I'm ready to move on and make the big money... get out of the firing zone... let the kids have a normal life... and not have everything she says and does scrutinized by the unwashed masses.

Obama was stumbling and bumbling and even someone like myself who can't stand the sight of the guy knows he didn't utilize his public speaking talents.

Mark my words; Obama is going to throw the fight for the same reasons a prize fighter does it.

~ He will be livin' large like Bill Clinton with the time to enjoy his loot.

~ And he will "work from outside D.C." to continue fanning the flames of race wars and class warfare.

~ With perpetual Secret Service 'protection' and all the post presidential VIP perks without the headaches.

That's great news for Romney and Ryan.

But it's bad news for the Republic.

Obama had the ability to collapse this country quickley and open the door for The Great American Renaissance.

Now the Republic is poised for 8 more years of;

~ Endless, bankrupting wars, that escalate the highly profitable "War for Terror"

~ Continued debt slavery and tax bondage to the FED/IRS Complex

~ Loss of states' power to big central government

~ Further erosion of personal liberties. You WILL have a national I.D. card or RFID chip.

The good news is sooner or later all top heavy empires collapse under their own weight.

At least we'll have "certainty" for 8 years.

Surprise! Obama is going to throw the election | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

How Mitt Romney’s Bain “harvested” Sealy mattress company

Sealy was America's No. 1 mattress brand -- until Bain Capital got its hands on it

BY JOSH KOSMAN
    TOPICS: BAIN CAPITAL,MITT ROMNEY,PRIVATE EQUITY,POLITICS NEWS

(Credit: AP/Charles Dharapak/Jill Battaglia viaShutterstock/Salon/Benjamin Wheelock)

At Wednesday night’s presidential debate Mitt Romney will no doubt brag about how, as head of Bain Capital, he built businesses.

On his website, Romney says, “In addition to Staples, Bain Capital went on to help launch or acquire Domino’s Pizza, Sealy, Brookstone, and The Sports Authority.”

However, as of last week he’d be unwise to cite Sealy, once America’s biggest mattress brand.

Relative upstart Tempur-Pedic agreed to buy Sealy this week for $2.20 a share, paying less than $250 million for its stock and assuming its $750 million debt.

Sealy executives told me this week that Tempur-Pedic, with its “memory foam” beds, is like the Starbucks of the bedding industry, and there was no stopping its rise. But that’s not the full story.

Mitt Romney’s Bain led a $791 million buyout of Sealy in 1997, putting $140 million down and, in typical private-equity fashion, having Sealy borrow the remaining $651 million to finance the deal and assume responsibility for paying it back.

Companies like Bain Capital call themselves private equity firms, but as I explained in my book “The Buyout of America” they really provide no equity.

They make money by putting businesses at risk. They say they turn struggling businesses around. But Sealy was not a turnaround — it was the market leader in its sector.

Romney first tried to boost Sealy’s profits, so it could pay its debt, by acquiring one of Sealy’s biggest retail customers, Mattress Discounters. But MD expanded too quickly and went bankrupt.

Bain then pushed Sealy to design the no-flip, or one-sided, bed. To cut costs they eliminated the bottom cover, making the bottom simply a foundation. With two-sided beds, consumers can flip their mattress, like they rotate a tire, for longer wear, so getting rid of the bottom would shorten the life of the mattress.

But Bain was more interested in cutting costs and boost short-term profits than in providing value to consumers. For a while, it didn’t seem to matter.

Bain and co-investors sold — “harvested,” if you like — Sealy in 2004 to fellow private equity firm KKR for $1.5 billion, pocketing $741 million for its $140 million investment.

How Mitt Romney’s Bain “harvested” Sealy mattress company - Salon.com

But some how... the Republican Party went Rogue... I didnt leave the Party the Party left me
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 10-05-2012 at 02:01 AM.

Sometime this year, we taxpayers may again receive another 'Economic Stimulus' payment.

This is indeed a very exciting program, and I'll explain it byusing a Q & A format:

Q. What is an 'Economic Stimulus' payment?
    A. It is money that the federal government will send to taxpayers.

Q. Where will the government get this money?
    A. From taxpayers.

Q. So the government is giving me back my own money?
    A. Only a smidgen of it.

Q. What is the purpose of this payment?
    A. The plan is for you to use the money to purchase ahigh-definition TV set, thus stimulating the economy.

Q. But isn't that stimulating the economy of China?
    A. Shut up.

Below is some helpful advice on how to best help the U.S. Economy byspending your stimulus check wisely:

* If you spend the stimulus money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China or Sri Lanka.

* If you spend it on gasoline, your money will go to the Arabs.

* If you purchase a computer, it will go to India , Taiwan or China.

* If you purchase fruit and vegetables, it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala ..

* If you buy an efficient car, it will go to Japan or Korea.

* If you purchase useless stuff, it will go to Taiwan.

* If you pay your credit cards off, or buy stock, it will goto management bonuses and they will hide it offshore.

Instead, keep the money in America by:

1) Spending it at yard sales, or

2) Going to ball games, or

3) Spending it on prostitutes, or

4) Beer or

5) Tattoos.

(These are the only American businesses still operating in the U.S. )

Conclusion:

Go to a ball game with a tattooed prostitute that you met at a yardsale and drink beer all day!

No need to thank me, I'm just glad I could be of help.
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 10-05-2012 at 02:05 AM.

it is far worse than that when the U-6 Unemployment rate added in. We are looking at 22.3%. But dumbed down America will believe what the Global Mafia Tell's Them

Ben Swann Reality Check: The Real Numbers Behind Romney and Obama's Deficit Plans

Submitted by DJP333 on Thu, 10/04/2012 - 23:38
    Politics, General + Law(s)

Ben Swann Reality Check breaks down the answers or lack thereof of President Obama and Mitt Romney on the issue of cutting spending and the deficit Presidential debate Number 1.

Ben Swann Reality Check: The Real Numbers Behind Romney and Obama's Deficit Plans | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Daily Caller: Gary Johnson’s campaign says GOP committed crimes to keep him off ballot

Submitted by legalizeliberty on Fri, 10/05/2012 - 14:18
    Election 2012

Pennsylvania

An attorney for presidential candidate Gary Johnson is accusing the Pennsylvania Republican Party of breaking the law and engaging in “Watergate-style dirty tricks” in an attempt to disqualify the Libertarian from appearing on the ballot in November.
    The Daily Caller obtained a letter sent from Johnson’s attorney, Alicia Dearn, asking the Philadelphia District Attorney’s office to investigate allegations of attempted bribery and false impersonation of an FBI agent.

“Based on what I have been told by witnesses, it is my opinion that the Pennsylvania Republican State Committee has engaged in Watergate-style dirty tricks, in an attempt to keep Gov. Johnson off the ballot,” Dearn wrote in the letter dated Oct. 1.

Continue:
    http://dailycaller.com/2012/10/05/gary-johnson%E2%80%99s-cam...

Daily Caller: Gary Johnson
    Last edited by AirborneSapper7; 10-07-2012 at 01:29 AM.