Page 702 of 740 FirstFirst ... 202602652692698699700701702703704705706712 ... LastLast
Results 7,011 to 7,020 of 7393
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Ron Paul on the Issues

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    11 Years of War: US death toll in Afghanistan hits 2,000

Submitted by emalvini on Sun, 09/30/2012 - 20:46
    Peace / War

A member of Nato's Afghan force and a civilian contractor have been killed in the latest so-called insider attack by a member of the country's security forces, bringing the US death toll in the conflict up to 2,000.

The attack in eastern Afghanistan on Saturday came after the United States said joint operations with Afghan forces were returning to normal.

Joint operations were halted two weeks ago after a surge of attacks by Afghan allies. At least 52 members of the Nato force have been killed this year in so-called green-on-blue attacks.

http://news.yahoo.com/us-military-deaths-afghanistan-hit-2-0...

http://www.itn.co.uk/World/56972/us-death-toll-in-afghanista...

11 Years of War: US death toll in Afghanistan hits 2,000 | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Secession! Lakota Sioux Nation Leaves the US (from Drudge)

Submitted by MikeLV on Sat, 09/29/2012 - 19:35
    Nevada

I don't know if this means anything?

President Barack Obama has an unexpected foreign policy problem – in the Western United States. The Lakota Sioux nation has seceded from the United States, according to a story on the anti-American website La Voz de Aztlan.

“We are no longer citizens of the United States of America and all those who live in the five-state area that encompasses our country are free to join us,” long-time Native American radical leader Russell Means said. The move potentially impacts the states of Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Montana and Wyoming.

Continue reading: The Right Views, Right Now | CNSNews.com

Secession! Lakota Sioux Nation Leaves the US (from Drudge) | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

G. Edward Griffin on Quick Fixes, the Looming Great War and Loss of Elite Moral Authority

Submitted by Katherine on Sun, 09/30/2012 - 15:20
    Daily Paul Liberty Forum

Sunday, September 30, 2012 – with Anthony Wile

The Daily Bell is pleased to present this exclusive interview with G. Edward Griffin.

Introduction: G. Edward Griffin is a film producer, author and political lecturer. He is the founder of Freedom Force International, a libertarian-oriented activist network focused on advancing individual freedom. First released in 1994, Mr. Griffin's best-selling financial book, The Creature from Jekyll Island, is a no-holds-barred look into the inner workings of the Federal Reserve banking system, or cartel if you will. Mr. Griffin's literary contributions are especially noteworthy given the validity of his vision and the exciting and troublesome nature of the times in which we live.

Daily Bell: Let's jump right in. Are we seeing significant price inflation now?

G. Edward Griffin: It depends on how you define significant, I suppose. I think it's significant. My personal feeling is the price index is greatly distorted. They keep fiddling with the formula to make it look as good as possible but real inflation, at least here in the States, in terms of the major components of what people buy to live day to day, such as groceries, gasoline and clothing, my feeling is that inflation is already at the double digits. I think it's ten percent if not more. That I think is significant but then again it's nothing compared to what I think we are going to see.

It seems to me that probably within the next two years we will be experiencing 15, 20, 25, 30 percent and so forth. It may be much higher because I have a feeling there is a certain tipping point coming when people finally realize – and they always do – in any country where the currency is grinding down. There comes to be a point, like in Russia or in Germany, for example, when inflation was modest and then within a period of a few weeks inflation was way, way out of proportion. It was a psychological factor that made the difference. Nothing else changed except the awareness level that the money was no good. So I kind of think we are going to see similar psychological influence like that here and probably we will catch up with all the inflation that should have been in the market very quickly.

Daily Bell: Are the elites running scared?

G. Edward Griffin: I don't think the power elites are running scared, no. I think they are very confident that everything is under control. I think they are not worried about the crisis because they want the crisis; the crisis is part of the plan. The monetary crisis, the military crisis, social crisis, racial tensions, crime crisis, environmental crisis – those things all feed into their plan because that's what frightens people and what makes them passive to accept all these programs that they offer to expand government and increase taxes. So I don't think they are running scared. I think they're saying to themselves very comfortably that 'everything is on track and things are going according to plan and exactly as we wanted.'

Daily Bell: Is the central banking economy breaking down?

Much more here:
    http://www.thedailybell.com/4368/Anthony-Wile-G-Edward-Griff...

G. Edward Griffin on Quick Fixes, the Looming Great War and Loss of Elite Moral Authority | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

Bernanke to Congress: Butt Out of Our Business!

Submitted by P.Au.L on Mon, 10/01/2012 - 19:35
    Economy

WASHINGTON (AP) — Chairman Ben Bernanke offered a wide-ranging defense Monday of the Federal Reserve’s bold policies to stimulate the still-weak economy.

The Fed needs to drive down long-term borrowing rates because the economy isn’t growing fast enough to reduce high unemployment, Bernanke said in a speech to the Economic Club of Indiana. The unemployment rate is 8.1 percent.

Low rates could also help shrink the federal budget deficit by easing the government’s borrowing costs and generating tax revenue from stronger growth, Bernanke argued.

The chairman cautioned Congress against adopting a law that would allow it to review the Fed’s interest-rate policy discussions. The House has passed legislation to broaden Congress’ investigative authority over the Fed and allow a review of its interest-rate policymaking. The Senate hasn’t adopted the bill.

C o n t i n u e . . .

Bernanke to Congress: Butt Out of Our Business! | Peace . Gold . Liberty | Revolution

The Worst Debates Ever?

October 1, 2012 by Bryan Nash

UPI FILE
    Mitt Romney waves to the crowd at the Republican Presidential Debate.

Both campaigns are telling voters not to expect much in the Presidential debates. If you listen to all the hype, you would think that each party believes the opposing candidate is more competent. If neither party thinks its candidate is capable, why should the American people believe he is?

Early in the month, the Barack Obama campaign told voters to expect Mitt Romney to win the debates.

Obama’s campaign spokeswoman Jennifer Psaki said: “While Mitt Romney has done 20 debates in the last year, he has not done one in four years, so there certainly is a challenge in that regard.”

Now, the Romney campaign has followed suit, telling voters not to expect much out of Romney. The GOP provided a memo to CNN on Thursday, saying that Obama is “widely regarded as one of the most talented political communicators in modern history.” The memo goes to state that Obama will attack Romney with his “ample rhetorical gifts and debating experience.”

Republicans seem to think that lowering expectations is a good tactic, so they have decided to imitate the Democrats.

The message from Democrats: Romney is an experienced debater. Expect him to win the debate but lose the election.

The message from Republicans: Obama is an experienced debater. Expect him to win the debate but lose the election.

If Ron Paul had a spot on the stage, I doubt his backers would be praising the opposition.

The Worst Debates Ever? : Personal Liberty Digest™