Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Populist wrote:
    BTW, what is the number of the amnesty bill now? I read something yesterday that it's not S. 1348 anymore.
    Thanks Populist, the new bill is S 1639.

Thanks everyone. Let this be a motivator for today:

Lindsey Graham, quoted in the Memphis Daily News 6/19: "I do believe that with this new process, there will be enough votes to get to final passage, but the pressure's immense...I'll be going senator to senator... to persuade Republicans to back it."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks Kate great Job!! OK everyone lets hit them like there is no tomorrow Everyone.

I just read the pro illegals are going to hit WEBB hard this week as they helped to get him elected!! I'd say he needs special attention

Have a great productive day, we are all in this together, UNITED WE STAND AND UNITED WE WILL WIN
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Pressure needed! Follow this link to read why Chamblis and Isakson need more pressure to oppose the bill.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/article/ ... 00072/1001
    You are the Grayrider, you would not make peace with the bluecoats, you may go in peace

Banned
    Now, an altogether new bill (S. 1639) has been introduced by Senators Ted Kennedy and Arlen Specter. It seems to incorporate the previous legislation, with some amendments. After it is read into the Senate calendar on Wednesday, the Majority Leader will be able to proceed to consider this legislation anew at any time; debate is likely to follow later this week, with a final vote very soon thereafter.
    This schedule will afford lawmakers even less time for consideration and deliberation than they had before. It will deny them the various procedures long associated with America's deliberative lawmaking process--hearings, testimony, committee debate and amendments, floor debate, and the possibility of further amendments. Instead, according to reports, this legislation will proceed based on an altogether new and expedited procedure designed for the sole purpose of forcing the bill's many ill-conceived policies over legitimate minority objections.
    http://www.heritage.org/Research/Immigr ... tion_2.cfm

New talking point!!!

Why is the Senate leadership forcing this bill through before it has a chance to be studied and understood by even the Senators themselves??? This should tell your Senator that something is terribly wrong with this bill!

Banned
    Today we need to give it a full court press! This whole process is rotten and those Senators know it. We need to let them know that we know it too!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Update on Senator Corker(TN) I also posted on another thread:

Okay, FWIW:

I talked with a staffer in Sen. Corker's office this morning and asked him about the so-called "touchback" provision that Corker is allegedly co-sponsoring with Alexander. The staffer said that there was some talk a few weeks ago about possible ways to make this bill more acceptable, and the return home "touchback" provision was one of the considerations. He said the media seems to have interpreted this as Corker being amenable to supporting a bill that includes such a provision. He was adamant that Corker doesn't support the bill---that he sees many problems with it---and can't imagine a scenario in which he would vote for it.

I could tell that this office has gotten hammered quite a bit. When I introduced myself and said what I was calling about, the staffer immediately went on the defensive. They've obviously been paying attention, also, to media reports of Corker perhaps leaning toward supporting the bill. I would suggest that a few of you call so we can compare responses.

Thanks for the point OMB.

Sen. Tester's office told me he is "against the bill" but I couldn't get an answer if he'll vote no on cloture. I stressed that this is just another flawed amnesty bill that is trying to be rammed through, that no amount of amendments can fix!! NO to 1639, NO on cloture.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

FYI:
    Sen. Burr: staffer said he is opposed to bill, has voted no on cloture 3x. Will he vote no on cloture again? Staffer "I do not have statement in front of me, when I know, will advise."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    GET INVOLVED NOW! TIMES RUNNING OUT!!
    .................................................. .................................................. .......
    COME ON EVERYONE WE NEED YOUR HELP NOW! "BILL 1369" STOP IT !!
    "JOIN OUR FOCUS CAMPAIGN"
    HELP SAVE OUR COUNTRY FROM THIS INVASION! OK LOOKIE LOU'S YES YOU!!
    join in on the CALLS, FAXES AND E-MAILS TO OUR SENATORS!!
    "FOCUS CAMPAIGN" DAILY INSTRUCTIONS AND POSTING THREAD LINK BELOW!
    Leave posts so we know what they are saying!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&p=392574
    ALL CONTACT INFORMATION.....Senators, news, radio, ETC.
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=68216
    Your contributions are welcome to help keep ALIPAC afloat and fighting!
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=C ... page&pid=9
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 37 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast