Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Just got a heads up from a knowlegable source!!!!

Hammer Webb, Corker, Isakson & Ensign!!!! They need the direction they are headed switched 180 degrees--heading toward YES on cloture right now!!!

Okay Olivermyboy, thank you for finding me out in the sea of threads and always directing me to the right place (laughing). I have many sweet people in my life having to do the same thing on a daily basis.

My Post on the Other Thread where I thought we were is:

Thank You for calling Saki. My question again is why is Senator Corker linking with Hutchinson and Senator Alexander to pass an amendment that will push the bill forward.

(quote)

Alexander and Corker co-sponsor provision to toughen application requirement

By JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Two Tennessee Republicans are co-sponsors of a compromise that could help keep an immigration reform bill alive.

Sens. Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker have co-sponsored a provision crafted by Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, to toughen a requir ement that unlawful immigrants seeking green cards return home to apply for permanent legal residency.

Senate leaders' announcement Thursday that they would allow the immigration bill a second chance came after getting assurances from key negotiators that they could produce enough support to steer the measure through a procedural minefield, including attempts by conservatives to block it.
    (quote) clip

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... 0770616006

http://conservativesforcorker.blogspot. ... dment.html

http://terryfrank.net/?p=2198

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just spoke to the Washington Office of Senator Bob Corker (TN) and yes, this amendment is designed to draw more senators to the bill. So, there you go, they (Senator Corker and Senator Alexander TN) are trying to push the bill forward.

CALL, EMAIL, FAX THESE SENATOR SELLOUTS TODAY -

Jeremiah 29:11
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey-I have tried calling Sen. Warner's office previously this week and just tried again a moment ago it just keeps ringing and ringing no one ever picks up. Tried Sen. Webb mashed button to talk to an aid and got a busy signal.

OMB,
    I think the 15% is GWB's handling of immigration.
    ----------------------

EVERYONE, NOTE THIS "KILL BILL" LIST FROM THE NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE. AS THE AUTHOR NOTES, MAKE SURE TO CALL THE LIST OF "POSSIBLE/MAYBE" SENATORS BELOW!! PLEASE EVERYONE COMMIT TO CALL THE SENATORS LISTED BELOW EVERY DAY, AND KEEP CALLING THEM (& others of course)!!

--------------------------

Immigration Focus [Kathryn Jean Lopez]

I've seen a lot of Senate target lists on immigration floating around — this is the best so far. If you're going to be making phone calls urging senators to kill the amnesty legislation, focus on the "possible/maybe"s.

Possible/Maybe:

Republicans - 12
    Democrats - 8

Burr (NC)

* Chambliss (GA)

* Cochran (MS)

* Cornyn (TX)

Crapo (ID)

Ensign (NV)

Grassley (IA)

Gregg (NH)

Hatch (UT)

Hutchison (TX)

Isakson (GA)

* Sununu (NH)

---

Bingaman (NM)

Boxer (CA)

Conrad (ND)

* Levin (MI)

Nelson (NE)

Sanders (VT)

Stabenow (MI)

Webb (VA)

http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/? ... M3NGI0YTE=

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach
    :

Thank You for calling Saki. My question again is why is Senator Corker linking with Hutchinson and Senator Alexander to pass an amendment that will push the bill forward.

(quote)

Alexander and Corker co-sponsor provision to toughen application requirement

By JULIE HIRSCHFELD DAVIS
    Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Two Tennessee Republicans are co-sponsors of a compromise that could help keep an immigration reform bill alive.

Sens. Lamar Alexander and Bob Corker have co-sponsored a provision crafted by Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison, R-Texas, to toughen a requir ement that unlawful immigrants seeking green cards return home to apply for permanent legal residency.

Senate leaders' announcement Thursday that they would allow the immigration bill a second chance came after getting assurances from key negotiators that they could produce enough support to steer the measure through a procedural minefield, including attempts by conservatives to block it.
    (quote) clip

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll ... 0770616006

http://conservativesforcorker.blogspot. ... dment.html

http://terryfrank.net/?p=2198

Psalm 91
    I find this very interesting that a source is saying Corker will vote "yes" for cloture after I was given a definitive "no" on cloture, and a "no" on the bill.

I reviewed the information we have in this article with the staffer and asked for clarification. That's when he responded that Corker is being misrepresented in the media. Now it's quite possible this guy doesn't know what's going on, or, perhaps, he's misleading us. After what olivermyboy has reported, I'm going to call back again.

Update- finally got through to Sen. Webb's office , the aide I spoke with sounded a might perturbed. I asked how Webb was planning to vote on this bill and I got a vague-"He hasn't released anything on how he will vote. He is still trying to read through it."
    Thanks for all the talking points everyone.
    KEEP UP THE FIGHT!!!!!

Okay, I spoke with Senator Corker's Chattanooga Office and she said, now let me get this straight, even with this amendment that would make the illegals leave (deport) and go back, you would still be against this bill? Yes Mam, I would because there is so much else wrong with this bill. I said NO ON CLOTURE, NO ON THE BILL. They think these amendments are sweetening the deal for us to swallow this pill.

DUH, DUH, DUH, THESE PEOPLE ARE CLUELESS. WE ARE NOT GETTING OUR MESSAGE TO THEM.

CALL BOB CORKER, CALL LAMAR ALEXANDER. THEY ARE NOT LISTENING OR SOME OF THEIR STAFF IS NOT.

Psalm 91

Calling now!

Will especially hammer the TN Senators!

Banned
    Oh my!!! Just had a to-do but pleasant, with Corker's office, Georgia Peach!

Gave them my spiel on Cloture and a yea vote being a vote for amnesty and that amendments weren't gonna change into anything else...told them to support the House Secure Borders First Act, because it truly represents what American citizens want and that support for the Senate bill is down to 15%. Then I went into the bill must suck if they are bypassing usual committee processes and rushing it through before the Senate has a look see...(paraphrasing, getting tired)

So the kid says, "have you told your Senators yet?" I said, laughing, "What do you think?"

Then I went on to say I was a member of ALIPAC with access to thousands and I would be posting his vote if it is a "Yes" for cloture, as a vote for amnesty, for literally thousands to see and hold him accountable for.

My mother-in-law turned around and said, "MY GOODNESS, OLIVER!" Well, my name's not Oliver, but you get the point.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast