Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 78 Year Old White Senior Citizen Beaten by 6 Black Youths over Trayvon Martin Case

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

78 Year Old White Senior Citizen Beaten by 6 Black Youths over Trayvon Martin Case

This has just been added to http://www.GheenReport.com

Man, 78, recounts assault by 6 youths in E. Toledo

BY TAYLOR DUNGJEN
    BLADE STAFF WRITER

Dallas Watts, 78, indicates where he was kicked during an assault that took place in East Toledo on Saturday. He said there were six boys, the youngest one 11 years old.

It was six against one.

Six juveniles -- the youngest 11, and the oldest 17 -- nearly boxed in Dallas Watts, a 78-year-old man from East Toledo.

Mr. Watts was on his way home from the nearby Gas Express Mart at Starr Avenue and White Street about 4:45 p.m. Saturday when the boys approached him.

One pointed at Mr. Watts and said, "take him down," the victim recounted in an interview Monday.

Mr. Watts, carrying home two small bags of pork rinds to dole out as treats to his three dachshunds, looked at the youth and said, "Why you picking on me?" Mr. Watts recalled. "Remember Trayvon. Why you picking on me?"

The boy, again, allegedly told his friends to "take him down."

Toledo police charged two children -- the 11-year-old and a 17-year-old -- with robbery, Sgt. Roy Kennedy said.

The boys on Monday were ordered held in detention at the Lucas County Juvenile Justice Center, prosecutor Lori Olender said.

The 17-year-old also faces a felonious assault charge from an unrelated shooting, Ms. Olender said. The teen allegedly shot Mark Bolling, 24, in the 600 block of Leonard Street in East Toledo on March 18.

Mr. Watts said one of the boys delivered a single blow to the back of his head during the incident Saturday, knocking the victim to the ground.

At one point, the victim recalled being lifted from the ground so one of the boys could "drop-kick" him in the chest.

One boy, he said, put his foot on the back of the victim's neck, with another shouting, "Kill him."
    While Mr. Watts was down the boys kicked him, over and over, shouting, "[Get] that white [man]. This is for Trayvon ... Trayvon lives, white [man]. Kill that white [man]," according to a police report.

The boys fled when a man shouted at them, according to the report.

Mr. Watts said it's possible the assault was retribution for the death of 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, who was fatally shot by George Zimmerman, a Neighborhood Watch captain in Sanford, Fla., on Feb. 26. Mr. Zimmerman has said he fired in self-defense and has not been charged with any crime.

For investigators, it's unclear whether the assault was motivated by an attempt to avenge the Martin youth's death or whether Mr. Watts' "Remember Trayvon" message was misinterpreted as threatening or racist.

"It's still up in the air who started the verbal confrontation," Sergeant Kennedy said, adding that stories given by the suspect and the victim conflict and the investigation is ongoing.

When asked about the Trayvon remarks, Mr. Watts said, "All I meant by saying 'remember Trayvon' is to remember what happened to him, don't duplicate it here," suggesting that he was minding his own business as he walked home.

"The only reason I mentioned Trayvon, that was my defense," Mr. Watts said. "Don't pick on me. I am not your enemy."
    The assault occurred only a few hours after a peaceful rally, near the Thurgood Marshall Building, 420 E. Manhattan Blvd., to show support for the Martin family.

At his home Monday, Mr. Watts said he has never allowed weapons inside and that when his four children were growing up, they were not allowed to play "cops and robbers, to kill the Indians."
    During the Vietnam War, Mr. Watts, who served in the military from 1950 to 1961, refused to let his boys play GI Joes.

There would be no more killing, he said.

But now, Mr. Watts says he plans to buy a gun and obtain a permit to carry it.
    "What happened to me … down here on the corner, that changed my perspective on humanity," Mr. Watts said.

Man, 78, recounts assault by 6 youths in E. Toledo - Toledo Blade
    Last edited by ALIPAC; 04-05-2012 at 03:56 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm posting this here because I bet this story will be censored from the main stream media because the victim is white.

I wonder how many Americans are paying for the highly biased and deceptive coverage and manipulation of the Trayvon Martin case?

How many people are going to be injured, maimed, assaulted, or killed because of the efforts of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Barack Obama, NBC, and others to rile up minority rage at innocent Americans that have nothing to do with what happened in Sanford Florida?

Pay very close attention to this case, because they are doing the same thing trying to get the illegal aliens all riled up at Americans by using biased media to stir up racial animus towards European Americans.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    I'm posting this here because I bet this story will be censored from the main stream media because the victim is white.

I wonder how many Americans are paying for the highly biased and deceptive coverage and manipulation of the Trayvon Martin case?

How many people are going to be injured, maimed, assaulted, or killed because of the efforts of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Barack Obama, NBC, and others to rile up minority rage at innocent Americans that have nothing to do with what happened in Sanford Florida?

Pay very close attention to this case, because they are doing the same thing trying to get the illegal aliens all riled up at Americans by using biased media to stir up racial animus towards European Americans.

W
    I remember that other case with the White Kansas boy that was set on fire by Black teens? People were jumping to conclusions and accusing the media in that instance of "censoring" the fact that the boys shouted racial slurs at the White boy. It didn't turn out to be the case though because the media DID in fact report on those crucial facts. Seems to be the case here too. Doesn't seem like the facts of the incident are being "censored" by the media, or at least that website.

Nonetheless, if there is no arrest made in this case or the victim feels that the police have not done their job, then you can expect that the local media will jump on this. The reason the Trayvon case blew up the way it did was because of the fact that no arrest had been made despite knowing who did the shooting and because the family went after the police for it. The local media obviously had to notice this. The national media usually picks something up after the local media has.
    Last edited by googler; 04-05-2012 at 04:50 PM.

working4change

Like Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind." Racism is racism period, and any ethnic group is capable of it, and not whites only.

Quote Originally Posted by sacredrage View Post
    Like Gandhi said, "An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind." Racism is racism period, and any ethnic group is capable of it, and not whites only.
    Very true but the main stream press wants us to believe the only people capable of racism are whites , thus the term "white Hispanic".
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by googler View Post
    I remember that other case with the White Kansas boy that was set on fire by Black teens? People were jumping to conclusions and accusing the media in that instance of "censoring" the fact that the boys shouted racial slurs at the White boy. It didn't turn out to be the case though because the media DID in fact report on those crucial facts. Seems to be the case here too. Doesn't seem like the facts of the incident are being "censored" by the media, or at least that website.

Nonetheless, if there is no arrest made in this case or the victim feels that the police have not done their job, then you can expect that the local media will jump on this. The reason the Trayvon case blew up the way it did was because of the fact that no arrest had been made despite knowing who did the shooting and because the family went after the police for it. The local media obviously had to notice this. The national media usually picks something up after the local media has.
    Googler, I think this is a case of you not understanding the kind of censorship that all of the rest of us are seeing here.

When a case like this happens you are lucky to pick up the local report and if it does make the local media non of the major national networks will pick it up if the victim is white and assailants are not.

So you get part of the story in the local press, but not in Associated Press or Reuters or CBS, ABC, NBC etc....

If the AP or national media does pick it up it is usually to explain it away and the critical elements are missing or heavily distorted.

In the 8 years ive been doing this, the pattern is the same again and again.

Did the story about the Kansas boy make national news?

W

I just checked for you Googler so you can live and learn and catch up with the rest of us on this important issue.

I just searched on the key terms on the Kansas case on the Google NEWS search engine and it shows not major media coverage about the kid that was set on fire in Kansas by the black teenagers so this means that very few Americans know that ever happened.

See for yourself...
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...w=1280&bih=611

W

But now, Mr. Watts says he plans to buy a gun and obtain a permit to carry it.
    "What happened to me … down here on the corner, that changed my perspective on humanity," Mr. Watts said.
    A CONSERVATIVE is a LIBERAL that has been mugged.

W

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    I just checked for you Googler so you can live and learn and catch up with the rest of us on this important issue.

I just searched on the key terms on the Kansas case on the Google NEWS search engine and it shows not major media coverage about the kid that was set on fire in Kansas by the black teenagers so this means that very few Americans know that ever happened.

See for yourself...
    https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...w=1280&bih=611

W
    I was talking about the accusation that the media was censoring what the alleged Black suspects told the White teen. Those that did report on the incident did not leave the hateful remarks by the suspects. Someone in another thread posted a link to an article and overlooked the fact that the article did mention those comments.

As to why this has not caught on like the Trayvon case, as I've said before, did the police arrest or detain the suspect only to then release them like they did to Zimmerman? Does the police department in Kansas City have a history of not arresting violent offenders and thus creating a distrust among a certain portion of the population? From what I know, the police in this case have not yet found the perpetrators and they are still investigating. If there is suspicion of a cover up by the police then you can bet it'll make national news.

Oh and here I found it CBS.

Cops seek teens who allegedly set fire to 13-year-old student - Crimesider - CBS News

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast