Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Bill O'Reilly gets into it with Obama people

Just breaking on Fox

Bill O'Reilly attended an Obama event this morning
    as a regular person with a camera crew

from what was just reported

One of Obamas goons tried to block the camera twice , I guess
    Bill physically removed the goon from in front of the camera
    and called the guy an SOB

More coming in on this

I guess Bill also did get to speak to Obama

Bill O'Reilly in confrontation at Obama event
    Email|Link|Comments (1) By Foon Rhee, deputy national political editor January 5, 2008 02:20 PM
    By Sasha Issenberg, Globe Staff

NASHUA, N.H. -- Aides to Barack Obama, one of two candidates to travel with Secret Service protection, have a policy of not discussing issues related to the senator's security -- unless the potential threat is conservative talk show host Bill O'Reilly.

Secret Service officials separated O'Reilly and Obama aide Marvin Nicholson after the Fox News Channel personality grabbed Nicholson on a post-speech rope line in a high-school gym here. According to a witness, O'Reilly reached with two hands for Nicholson -- who at 6-foot-8 had a slight height advantage over O'Reilly -- because he stood between O'Reilly's cameraman and Obama as the newsman called out for the candidate's attention.

"He started pushing me and telling me to get out of his shot," Nicholson told reporters afterwards. "Then he said I was 'low-class.' "

"He called me 'low-class' after he started shoving me," Nicholson clarified.

Nicholson, Obama's national trip director and a former traveling aide to Senator John F. Kerry known as the "chief of stuff," said he could not recall a similar physical encounter.

"I did the last campaign and I did this one," said Nicholson. "I've never seen a member of the press put their hands on a staffer before."

http://www.boston.com/news/politics/pol ... ly_in.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's one of those passive aggressive moves that the opposition makes when they don't want you filming their bad behavior. Some goon steps in front of your camera and starts talking loud.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bill O'Reilly is an unmitigated shrill, self absorbed, delusional asshat. Why would anyone with an incognito camera crew be allowed to approach a man who is running for president?

While this is not the 1960's America still has plenty of racists running around in it.

Because he is black, Obama has had death threats since he announced the possibility of running for the office of President. Why wouldn't someone hired to protect him intercept a group of unknown people approaching him? We all know how assasinations work in this country.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

Check out this article, it will shine a little light on things.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-97147.html

Also, think about O'Reilly's conservative views vs the Democrats. This is more complex than the press coverage, it's about equal access and the ablility to tell a side that the Obama camp may not want to reveal to America.

Dixie

Banned
    "Bill O'Reilly is an unmitigated shrill, self absorbed, delusional asshat. Why would anyone with an incognito camera crew be allowed to approach a man who is running for president?"

Get your facts straight

He was not incognito , he was behind the tape line and the
    goon kept moving to block his shot

Obama isn't a god or king to be either and if he thinks he is
    do we need another one in the White house?

Thanks Dixie, that article confirms what I already think of Shrill O'Reilly. He definitely thinks more highly of himself than most people.

Banned
    As much as Dennis Kocinich is a lib symp idiot I at least
    give him credit for going on Fox news and answering the
    questions

Shaun Hannity basicly told him last night that while they
    don't agree on the issues , Dennis is basicly a stand up guy and
    not a wimp like the rest of the Dem candidates

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    "Bill O'Reilly is an unmitigated shrill, self absorbed, delusional asshat. Why would anyone with an incognito camera crew be allowed to approach a man who is running for president?"

Get your facts straight

He was not incognito , he was behind the tape line and the
    goon kept moving to block his shot

Obama isn't a god or king to be either and if he thinks he is
    do we need another one in the White house?
    First of all you need to get your tone in check. I am not one of your children. Second according to the original poster:

Just breaking on Fox

Bill O'Reilly attended an Obama event this morning
    as a regular person with a camera crew
    He attended the event as a "regular person with a camera crew". No appointment or permission to photograph anybody. Maybe you need to learn to comprehend what you read before attacking others.

As far as Obama is concerned he's no different than any other presidential candidate except HIS LIFE HAS ALREADY BEEN THREATENED. Bitter much?

Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Thanks Dixie, that article confirms what I already think of Shrill O'Reilly. He definitely thinks more highly of himself than most people.
    Well, at least he is on our side of the illegal immigration issue. To be a big time media personalily, you almost have to be an aggressive reporter and have some degree of arrogance to do the job. It's the nature of the beast. The meek and mild mannered don't make good reporters.

Obama is an active member of Congress and that is why he has the extra security, which I believe is voluntary.

Dixie

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast