Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Quote Originally Posted by WhatMattersMost
    Thanks Dixie, that article confirms what I already think of Shrill O'Reilly. He definitely thinks more highly of himself than most people.
    Well, at least he is on our side of the illegal immigration issue. To be a big time media personalily, you almost have to be an aggressive reporter and have some degree of arrogance to do the job. It's the nature of the beast. The meek and mild mannered don't make good reporters.

Dixie
    I agree with most of what you said and the only thing I do like about him is the fact that he shares our views regarding IA. Other than that, I can't stand him. He's not a real journalist, he's just an arrogant self absorbed/inflated wind bag and former tabloid show host of "INSIDE EDITION".

Then again there's nothing honest or endearing about any of the fake "journalist"/Boosh cheerleaders employed by Faux news. I'm still wondering why Raza Rick Sanchez's shrill tabloid quality behind was hired by CNN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGFRi_ueq-M
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

I doubt for one moment Obama's death threats, if they exist, truly has anything to do with racism.

Just me, but if Obama can put out the idea that he is being threatened 'just because he's black' - how many votes does that get him? A lot.

I would imagine almost all, if not all, the candidates have received some kind of threats.

I agree that Bill O'Reilly is shrill, silly, and I don't care for him at all - but my goodness, 'because he's black?'.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Obama Gets Secret Service Due to Death Threats

Sen. Barack Obama has been placed under the protection of the United States Secret Service. Dept of Homeland Security secretary Michael Chertoff signed off this move after consulting a Congressional Committee.

This marks the first time that a candidate has received the protection of the Secret Service this early in the campaign. Generally it is not given until the candidate is in fact the official nominee of a party.

Obama's camp requested the extra security due to a threat made against the Senator. They have not requested that all questions go directly to Homeland Security or the Secret Service. Federal law allows candidates to seek protection if they meet a series of standards, including public prominence as measured by polls and fundraising.

Hillary Clinton already had the protection of the Secret Service due to being a former first lady.
    Jessie Jackson had to receive protection early in his campaign in the 80s due to death threats.

It would appear that having a viable African American and a woman candidate has some disturbed looking for opportunities to harm the people that America is clearly choosing.

Obama tries to play down the role of race.
    However, he did write in "The Audacity of Hope": "Whatever preconceived notions white Americans may continue to hold, the overwhelming majority of them these days are able -- if given the time -- to look beyond race in making their judgments of people."

Jessie Jackson told Obama that he had to consider his family when running, because they would become targets too.

There are threats and talk on the Internet about the possible assassination of Obama if he was to win the presidency.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... death.html

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    I doubt for one moment Obama's death threats, if they exist, truly has anything to do with racism.

Just me, but if Obama can put out the idea that he is being threatened 'just because he's black' - how many votes does that get him? A lot.

I would imagine almost all, if not all, the candidates have received some kind of threats.

I agree that Bill O'Reilly is shrill, silly, and I don't care for him at all - but my goodness, 'because he's black?'.

Of course you don't. Some people don't think the KKK is alive and well in America either.

But those of us who are not in denial realize that racism will always be alive and well in America. The article I posted is merely proof positive.

wait didn't Obama( aka Ken Doll for the rainbow folks)
    talk about bombing Pakistan in a campaign speech?
    please let's not feel sorry for Obama because he is part black, most of his popularity is based on exactly that, not on his brilliance or leadership qualities.
    Banned

Oh well, I can't stand to look at Jay Lenno. That man irritates me to no end. He's right up there with Rosann Bar.

I knew Clinton had the SS detial because she is the former first lady.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

But those of us who are not in denial realize that racism will always be alive and well in America. The article I posted is merely proof positive.

It is alive and well because it serves the agenda of a lot of people. It translates into votes, money in the pocket of so-called 'black leaders', and the ability of government to interfer and gather more power.

I'm sorry - 'a black and a woman' has no chance.

That's pandering and race baiting at it's best - or worse however you view it.

Quote Originally Posted by stoptheinvasionoforegon
    wait didn't Obama( aka Ken Doll for the rainbow folks)
    talk about bombing Pakistan in a campaign speech?
    please let's not feel sorry for Obama because he is part black, most of his popularity is based on exactly that, not on his brilliance or leadership qualities.
    I don't know if he said that or not do you have a link? As for "feeling sorry" for him because he's 1/2black? According to the slave masters 1 drop of black blood makes you legally and undisputedly 100% black. But I'm sure he wouldn't have it any other way.

That being said:

Frankly, I don't feel anymore sorry for him because he's black any more than I do for Hillary because she's white, why would the fact that he's black be a reason to "feel sorry for him" or anyone else that is black for that matter? There are plenty of black people who feel sorry for white people who risk cancer trying to emulate the skin color black folks.

He's worked hard to become who he is, no white daddy with tons of money, connections and big business corrupting the system behind him to slither him into the highest office of the US. If Boosh had been a black guy that was cheated into office, he would have been assasinated 7.5 years ago.

As for his brilliance, Obama is a Harvard graduate. A former attorney and rock star at Sidley and Austin one of the top firms in the US, so you can't dismiss him or discount his achievement because he's black either. No legacy or daddy with money, no brother in Florida rigging the votes, just hard work and determination.

If not for his stance on illegal immigration, I'd vote for him. Mitt Romney makes me want to shower everytime I see him; Huckabee is dumb as a box of rocks; Tancredo is (while no longer in the running) another dummy; the only republicans I would consider capable of holding office is Ron Paul or Duncan Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie

It is alive and well because it serves the agenda of a lot of people. It translates into votes, money in the pocket of so-called 'black leaders', and the ability of government to interfer and gather more power.

I'm sorry - 'a black and a woman' has no chance.

That's pandering and race baiting at it's best - or worse however you view it.
    It does serve the agenda of a lot of people including Al and Jesse who are "self appointed" black leaders that the white media and our government keeps alive, well and financially capable of milking the taxpayer. The same can be said for LaRaza. Who do you think allocates the taxpayer dollars to these race based organizations in exchange for keeping the racial divide alive and well in America? There are a multitude of poor white Americans born during the era of hate, bigotry and separation who hate the idea of a racially diverse America or an equal playing field. As exhibited during th Iowa caucauses you are a dying breed.

I think you are going to be sorely disappointed as to who wins the election. Young Americans of all races are mixing, marrying and reproducing. 93% of the Iowans who voted for Obama are white. America is changing and segregationist are becoming more and more isolated, unpopular and a thing of the past. The days of Al, Jesse, the Klan and the descendants of former slave owners keeping segregation alive is almost a done deal in America.

Americans do not really have a clear perspective of what racism is anyway.Everyone throws the term around to shut somebody up but I think we all need to agree on what it is and how it plays out. Right now it is the battering ram for an Inquisition. I believe that everybody is racist and nobody is truly honest about race relations.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast