Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Donald Trump rejects Mitt Romney's ironic tax attack

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Judy wrote:

To do that would be an admission that you have something to hide, but of course you know that.
    So in your "conservatism", privacy means something to hide? That may be "conservatism", but that is not Republicanism. Republicans oppose the income tax, oppose tax returns, oppose media or government intrusion into our lives and businesses. Protecting those Republican Values does not mean you have something to hide, it means you have something worth protecting. I guess that's why the Two Cuban Cackling Hens on either side of Trump who don't have anything worth protecting because they haven't done anything are losing their dream to be President.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    So in your "conservatism", privacy means something to hide? That may be "conservatism", but that is not Republicanism. Republicans oppose the income tax, oppose tax returns, oppose media or government intrusion into our lives and businesses. Protecting those Republican Values does not mean you have something to hide, it means you have something worth protecting. I guess that's why the Two Cuban Cackling Hens on either side of Trump who don't have anything worth protecting because they haven't done anything are losing their dream to be President.
    There you you go again trying to obfuscate the issue by attempting to deflect the conversation on to Cruz. We're talking about Trump this time.

Nothing is off-limits in the vetting process for President of the United States!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    There you you go again trying to obfuscate the issue by attempting to deflect the conversation on to Cruz. We're talking about Trump this time.

Nothing is off-limits in the vetting process for President of the United States!
    Then have at it. No one is stopping you. But neither you nor anyone else can force Trump or anyone else to produce tax returns for political purposes if they don't want to. That is their right not to. If they want to produce their tax returns, then it's their decision if and when they do. If I were Trump just like when Romney was running, my advice is do not produce your tax returns. People voting for you don't care about them so why produce them for your enemies? Makes no sense.

Tax returns are just something for hens to cackle about.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Then have at it. No one is stopping you. But neither you nor anyone else can force Trump or anyone else to produce tax returns for political purposes if they don't want to. That is their right not to. If they want to produce their tax returns, then it's their decision if and when they do. If I were Trump just like when Romney was running, my advice is do not produce your tax returns. People voting for you don't care about them so why produce them for your enemies? Makes no sense.

Tax returns are just something for hens to cackle about.
    I realize you want to believe everything the Donald says is the gospel. You are completely within your rights to believe whatever you want. However, a lot of us are sick and tired of being burned by folks that have misrepresented themselves. You ever heard the term, "trust but verify"? You have shown that you believe in showing no other candidate quarter in the vetting process, so why should Trump be any different?

Trump has said he will provide the information, however, to many of the political pundits it seems like he's purposely attempting to drag it out until after the primaries. If that is true, I find it a little suspicious.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

You're entitled to your opinion.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, a list of polls on who won the debate tonight: Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump, Trump by a mile in all of them. Trump Train has not only left the station, it's steaming it's way to home plate.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...-debate-polls/

Trump, like the rest of the country, says he pays as little as possible because he doesn't like what the government is spending it on.

DONALD TRUMP'S LIST OF INCOME-TAX SOLUTIONS

'What could you do with 40 percent more wealth?'

Published: 08/04/2015
    Donald Trump has admitted he actively works to pay as little as possible in taxes because he despises the way the government utilizes taxpayer funds.

Largely ignored by the news media is that in his 2011 book, “Time to Get Tough: Making America #1 Again,” the billionaire laid out a plan to completely transform the tax code, with a uniform proposal for all Americans to pay lower taxes.

Trump’s revenue prescription, which he labeled his 1-5-10-15 income-tax plan in the book four years ago, could form the basis for his campaign’s tax proposals.

In the book, Trump decried the current tax code: “Imagine your paycheck was 40 percent higher than it currently is. What could you do with 40 percent more wealth? How many jobs and opportunities for others could you create?

“The longer you really think about it the madder you will get,” he wrote, “especially when you consider the waste, fraud, and abuse the federal government traffics in as it inflicts its self-defeating policies on hard-working Americans.”

Here’s Trump’s proposed income-tax plan:

• Those making up to $30,000 will pay 1 percent.
    • Income from $30,000 to $100,000 results in a flat 5 percent.
    • $100,000 to $1 million income will be taxed at 10 percent.
    • On $1 million or above will be taxed 15 percent.

“It’s clear and fair,” wrote Trump. “Best of all, it can be filled out on the back of a postcard and will save Americans big bucks on accountants and massive amounts of time wasted attempting to decipher the tax code.”

In the book, Trump offered up a five-point economic plan “that encourages growth, savings, and investment.”
    Here is a WND summary of those five points:

1) Abolish the estate or “death” tax
    “It’s immoral for the government to tax you after you’re dead,” he wrote, “to seize a portion of your money and property that you spent your life building up, and on which you already paid taxes. Your children deserve your estate, not the federal government.”

Obama in April proposed changes to estate tax that critics say could bring the death tax to an effective rate of 57 percent. Adding in state inheritance taxes, the rate would average 65 percent but could go as high as 67 percent, according to a Heritage Foundation analysis.

Writing in 2011, when Obama proposed moving the death tax to an effective 45 percent, Trump cited a study by former Congressional Budget Office Director Douglas Holtz-Eakin, who found that found the 45 percent rate “is a proven jobs killer, because it will strip $1.6 trillion of small business capital out of the hands of job creators.”

Holtz-Eakin predicted a loss of 1.5 million new jobs.

2) Lower tax rates on capital gains and dividends.
    Trump labeled these as “two more taxes that are proven jobs and investment killers.”
    “Capitalism requires capital,” the reality star explained. “When government robs capital from investors, it takes away the money that creates jobs – real private sector jobs that contribute to the health of our economy.”

3) Lowering the U.S. corporate tax rate from 39 percent to zero to fuel jobs growth.

4) Punish companies who outsource jobs overseas with a 20 percent tax hike

The billionaire also suggested lowering to zero the tax rate for those companies that outsourced overseas but decided to return to the U.S.

“Bottom line: hire American workers and you win. Send jobs overseas, and you may be fine, but you will pay a tax,” he wrote.

5) The 1-5-10-15 income tax plan for all Americans.

Trump: ‘I fight like hell’ to pay low taxes

Speaking to CBS’s “Face the Nation” on Sunday, Trump declared, “I fight like hell to pay as little as possible, for two reasons. Number one, I am a businessman, and that’s the way you are supposed to do it. And you put the money back in your company and employees and all of that.”

He continued, “But the other reason is that I hate the way our government spends our taxes. I hate the way they waste our money, trillions and trillions of dollars of waste and abuse. And I hate it.

“And I will be probably the first candidate in the history of politics within this country to say, I try and, like every, by the way, like every single taxpayer out there, I try to pay as little tax as possible, and, again, one of the big reasons is, I hate what our country does with the money that we pay.”

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2015/08/donald-tr...yoEBfbewuKb.99

So let’s stop for a moment and applaud Romney’s skills at pulling an effective “Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV),” at being an effective McCarthyite dirty trickster 30 hours before Thursday night’s Republican debate, at giving Hillary’s DC Media Super PAC the anti-Trump talking points they are so desperate for.

No question, Romney pulled it off with skill and panache.

However….

Romney also reminded folks like myself that the Republican Establishment is a dumpster fire of incompetence, a group of elite stiffs genetically incapable of winning national elections.

When it comes to sticking a stiletto into a fellow Republican, suddenly Romney is Mitt the Machiavellian!

Unfortunately, when it came to beating beatable incumbent Barack Obama in 2012, Romney couldn’t even deal with Candy Crowley; couldn’t prosecute Benghazi; couldn’t competently handle the questions around his own taxes; could neither shun nor embrace his wealth; couldn’t comprehend that in 2012 maybe you should assume everything is recorded before writing off 47% of voters; couldn’t do one damn thing effectively to win even a single news cycle against a failed incumbent.

Guess jealous romney wants a democrat to win.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12