Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Didn't the total est. US population just break 303,000,000 as of about this last Nov or Dec.? I thought that's the most recent estimate I've seen... (I could be wrong, memory is fading.... )
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Didn't the total est. US population just break 303,000,000 as of about this last Nov or Dec.? I thought that's the most recent estimate I've seen... (I could be wrong, memory is fading.... )
    Yes, We are growing at a faster rate than the numbers USA chart

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    cayla wrote:

I agree with Dixie, Legal immigrants are not the problem.
    I'll ask you the same thing I did Dixie. Do you believe 1.1 million annually is acceptable?
    compare it to this, in 2006 (last date available) 2,397,615 people died in the US. That is more than twice the amount of LEGAL immigrants.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/deaths.htm

4,138,349 babies were born in the US in 2005 (last year available)

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/births.htm

(I don't know how many of the above births were to illegals

)

1.1 million is rather a small number fully taken into context. so to answer your question, yes it is acceptable to me.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    I don't know..this is the source I used for my calculations:

https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... nt/us.html

If you are correct and it is closer to 303,000,000, then the percentages of Legal immigrants would go down
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"Agreed" with respect to your last comment.

On the source info - I cut/pasted the line from their site
    Population: 301,139,947 (July 2007 est.)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    Of the 1.1 million legal immigrants I think 1 million are right here in California helping the illegals. At least that is the impression I get.

The truth of the matter is, nobody is angrier at the illegals than those who came her legally. It costs thousands and thousands of dollars when all of the adding is done. Then there are the "rights" that legal immigrants have to sign away.

If you came here legally and paid between 5000 and 10,000 by the time all of the fees, medical bills, and background checks were finished, then had to sign a document acknowledging you were ineligible for ANY government aid, including emergency medical, wouldn't you be angry at those who just strolled in here and are given everything on a silver platter? I believe at least a million people are assisting the illegal criminals in Southern Cal, but I am positive that they are not the Legal immigrants.

Yep, cayla is spot on. I have known more than one person that has completed the process (and, if anything, your cost estimate is probably a tad on the low side - depending on the details of course). Yes, the folks that CHOOSE to do things the right way should be welcomed and rewarded. Those that CHOOSE to thwart the law should not only not be welcomed here, it is a terrible affront to all the folks that did it the right way.

MW

Did you look at the chart, cayla? How can that kind of outrageous growth be considered acceptable? Are you a naturalized citizen or were you born here in the United States?

If you're naturalized or young, perhaps you aren't aware of the changes this country has went through in just the last 30 years due to forced governmental population growth. Yes, I'm suggesting that the overall quality of life for Americans has depreciated.

Look at the population in 1970 and do the math.

"The Nineteenth United States Census, conducted by the Census Bureau, determined the resident population of the United States to be 203,302,031, an increase of 13.4 percent over the 179,323,175 persons enumerated during the 1960 Census."

That's 100,000,000 in just 37 years and the majority of that growth can be attributed directly to immigration. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the birth rate in this country has been at or around replacement level for years. I'm sorry, but logic and math tells me these number are out of control.

Perhaps I'm just spoiled because I wasn't born in India or China.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Did you look at the chart, cayla? How can that kind of outrageous growth be considered acceptable? Are you a naturalized citizen or were you born here in the United States?
    I was born here, you can trace my grandmothers family to the Mayflower. The chart includes both LEGAL and ILLEGAL immigrants. There is a sharp distinction between the two. your chart shows the growth of approximately 20 million in less than 5 years. That would require every legal immigrant to have 1 baby a year for them all to be legal. Since some of the legal immigrants come in pairs (married couples), that would require each of them to have more than 1 child every year for it to be accurate with just legals.

According to the US Border Patrol apprehension statistics, almost four million people crossed our borders illegally in 2002.
    http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0516/p01s02-ussc.html

If that number held true for the other 4 years in question, your huge jump is caused by the ILLEGALS. And no, I do not find Illegal Immigrants acceptable at all

with that being said, It is nearly 1am here and my little one gets up about 7 so I am off to bed

MW
    Cayla wrote:

The truth of the matter is, nobody is angrier at the illegals than those who came her legally. It costs thousands and thousands of dollars when all of the adding is done. Then there are the "rights" that legal immigrants have to sign away.
    No doubt, I'd be absolutely furious if I had paid thousands of dollars to do things the right way while millions that did things the wrong way were able to stay and participate in the American dream. That's one of several reasons we must continue fighting all proposed amnesties!

I apologize for being direct with you, Cayla. If it wasn't for the illegal immigration problem - I probably wouldn't be so uptight in regards to what I consider out of control population growth.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast