Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Texas Congressman Pete Olson Supports Paul Ryan for Speaker.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Texas Congressman Pete Olson Supports Paul Ryan for Speaker.

Dear Mr. [Golendaze],

Thank you for contacting me with your recommendation on who to support as the new Speaker of the House. Your opinion is very important to me and I share your deep frustration with missed opportunities given our majorities in both chambers.

The American people deserve to see conservative solutions being sent to the President's desk. Our next Speaker must be willing to take our conservative fight to Obama and pressure Senate Majority Leader McConnell to use every tool at his disposal. After careful review of both candidates to see who can best help stop Obama's leftist agenda, my choice is Paul Ryan. He made the best arguments for giving more power to members of the House and offered strategies to deal with both the President's agenda and McConnell's intransigence.

Paul Ryan understands he is on notice and the people of our districts expect results. I hope Mitch McConnell has received the same message. The American people are fed up with a failure to fight and I agree. The House has passed bill after bill to repeal Obamacare, stop Obamnesty and stand up to a president willing to cut deals with Iran, while abandoning our military and weakening our global presence. The House also voted on a spending bill to defund Planned Parenthood. What happened to these bills? They died in the Senate.

Concerns have been raised about Chairman Ryan's position on immigration. We do not agree on this issue as I believe border security MUST happen before anything else. But I have known Paul Ryan for several years, and I trust him when he says he will not bring immigration to the House floor while Obama is in office. He also promised he won't bring bills to the House floor without support from a majority of the House Republican Conference. No one person is perfect, we can agree to disagree on immigration, but the House needs a unifying leader and I believe Paul Ryan is that person.
    While Chairman Paul Ryan will receive my vote, any continued support will be contingent on his willingness to fight. I am willing to give him that chance and I hope you will too. Infighting at this point only strengthens Democrats. It's time for us to stand shoulder to shoulder in united opposition to the president's liberal agenda.

While some may disagree with this decision, I appreciate your guidance, wisdom, and feedback so that we can work together to develop conservative solutions to strengthen America and our hard-working families. It's an honor to represent you in Congress. For more information on constituent services, current legislation, and to sign up for my E-newsletter, please visit my website at www.olson.house.gov.

Very Respectfully,

Pete Olson
    Member of Congress

Below is the response I received from the office of Pete Olson when I asked him not to support Amnesty by supporting Paul Ryan.
    Congressman Olson has had a pretty good voting record in the past against illegal immigration. And I have read that immigration will not be brought on the floor until Obama is out of office. But I thought I should share the response anyway.

Thank you for this information and for trying your best to get Congressman Pete Olson to not support illegal alien amnesty backer Paul Ryan for Speaker of the House.

I moved this post from Announcements to General Discussion because Announcements are for ALIPAC origination materials only.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)