Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Trump Says Abortion Ban Should Yield 'Punishment' for Woman

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ben Carson, Chris Christie Defend Donald Trump on Abortion

by ALEX SWOYER
    30 Mar 2016
    Washington, DC

Dr. Ben Carson and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who both endorsed GOP frontrunner Donald Trump, defended the real estate mogul’s comments on abortion, which made news on Wednesday when Trump initially said women should face some form of punishment for having an illegal abortion.

“Bear in mind, I don’t believe that he was warned that that question was coming, and I don’t think he really had a chance to really think about it,” Carson stated on CNN. “That happens very frequently, and you know, what you develop with experience is how to answer that in a way that is not definitive.”

“You know how politicians are. He has not really learned that — he’s not a politician,” Carson added.

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who also endorsed Trump, also defended Trump’s statements on abortion.

“I don’t know that he’s misspoken a whole lot more than anybody else in this race,” Christie stated during a radio interview in New Jersey.

Trump later released a press statement clarifying his stance on abortion. It said:

“If Congress were to pass legislation making abortion illegal and the federal courts upheld this legislation, or any state were permitted to ban abortion under state and federal law, the doctor or any other person performing this illegal act upon a woman would be held legally responsible, not the woman,” Trump stated. “The woman is a victim in this case as is the life in her womb. My position has not changed – like Ronald Reagan, I am pro-life with exceptions.”

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...rump-abortion/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No more thinking out loud Donald. Take a week and crystallize the ten most important policy issues.

Very unfortunate! Chris Matthews, as most reporters, was trying to get Trump to trip and make a mistake. The rapid fire questions that were asked with a loud intensity and over talking quickness were meant to sabotage Trump into making a "gotcha" mistake. The aggressiveness of the interview made it an assassination attempt. I never liked Chris Matthews but now I despise him !

I wish it weren't so, but Trump is now Toast. The guy didn't even slow down to engage brain before he let this stuff come out of his big yap. He's shot himself in the foot before and survived, but this bullet went right through his thick skull.
    Viva La Migra! [Hooray for the Border Patrol!] Viva Ramos! Viva Campean!* Good Riddance to El Presidente Jorge Boosh!

vivalamigra wrote:

I wish it weren't so, but Trump is now Toast. The guy didn't even slow down to engage brain before he let this stuff come out of his big yap. He's shot himself in the foot before and survived, but this bullet went right through his thick skull.
    The guy, his big yap, his thick skull and somehow you wish it weren't so. That is quite a prognostication, but I don't think for a second you even like Trump.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12