Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We Need a Nationl ID Card

If we are ever to get a handle on immigration -- we are going to have to have a National ID Card. They are quite popular in Europe and I think they are a good idea. I don't see them as a privacy issue -- I lived in Europe ( before the EU) and I really like the National ID cards and the control the countries exercised in determining who was legal and who wasn't. We misinterpret Nationl ID cards as an invasion of privacy -- in reality they are an asset to our National Security.

With a national ID card you can tell who is here legally and who isn't . We have tried by turns to go for REAL ID ( but so many state are opposing it and the Democrats will abolish it if we don't get a veto proof Senate) --
    Also many states like Maryland will give a driver's license to an illegal so the driver's license is not a useful indicator -- they are too easily obtained.
    The Social Security card is so easily faked that it is a joke -- it is really wothless except as part of identity theft.

When the policy stop someone they have no real way to tell if the person is legal or not -- in France, when the police stop you they ask for your Carte d'Indentite -- no Carte off to the gendarmerie. And this is what we need in this country.

When you go to rent a room/apartment/stay in a hotel -- you have to produce your Carte or your passport. You have to, in short, have valid identification. The Europeans do have a way of knowning who is legally present in their country when you are stopped -- our police have no really valid way of telling. They only get to make educated guesses -- this is why we need a National ID Card.

AF
    I am all for it! Everyone in the military carries an ID card, and there is NO problem.

Europe has a national ID and they are eaten alive with illegal aliens. France has been on fire for almost two years, and if you offend someone with your speech you can be put in jail. Just ask Bridgett Bardot of France. She received probation, instead of jail because she is famous, for complaining vocally about illegal immigration.

No, a national ID will not solve or reverse illegal immigration. Besides, America always controlled illegal immigration in the past without a national ID, why not now?

Why should the 95% of law abiding, tax paying, legal Americans be subjected to something that all prior generations of Americans found repugnant and dangerous to deal with the 5% of illegal aliens in America?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AF
    I would have to ask respectfully, what figure is 5% of our population. Multiply that several times (anchor babies), and how much money do you think is being wasted on these people. An ID card to get on a military base or post prevents the entrance of 100% of people who are not supposed to be there. That military ID card is used to access the Commissary, BX, Hospital, Recreation Center, and a host of other restricted areas. IT WORKS WELL!

Could you tell me what is so repugnant about carrying an ID. Our kids were VERY proud when they reached the age where they could get theirs. And they still carry theirs even after I retired.

If a national ID card doesn't work we can always try global government.

Could you tell me what is so repugnant about carrying an ID
    It's a matter of trust for me. I just watched a member of U.S Congress threaten to nationalize oil companies. The country ain't what she used to be.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor
    It's a matter of trust for me. I just watched a member of U.S Congress threaten to nationalize oil companies. The country ain't what she used to be.

They cannot keep the information secure
    The information is shared with other nations including Mexico , Asia and private corporations.
    The Nazi's had an id system look how it turned out
    The Soviets had national ID system, look how it turned out.
    The Communist Chinese have a National ID Card, Do we want to be like them? Do you want your private data shared with other national? A national ID will increase ID theft, not reduce it. Ask me more why I dont want a national ID card.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    Quote Originally Posted by loservillelabor

They cannot keep the information secure
    The information is shared with other nations including Mexico , Asia and private corporations.
    The Nazi's had an id system look how it turned out
    The Soviets had national ID system, look how it turned out.
    The Communist Chinese have a National ID Card, Do we want to be like them? Do you want your private data shared with other national? A national ID will increase ID theft, not reduce it. Ask me more why I dont want a national ID card.
    How secure the card and its information is depends on how you set it up -- what rules you have. Sure if you share it with Mexico that stinks but that is a legislative issue.

The arguments you make are those resolved during the creationg phase. There has to be rules about the card and access to its data -- if done correctly it has a great thing.

No national ID . it is what they want , backdoor style . LMAO. with our government a national card would be a no-win situation for us . imo danger danger
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

In my strongest opinion, I feel they want the biometric national ID so all of you will no longer have the freedom to decide between paying taxes to maintenance astronautical debt and buying food or shelter for yourselves or your families.

America is going into a dark phase of history. Our citizens grow more angry and restless by the day. The government is in deep financial trouble where the only solution is to keep taxing the hell out of citizens without giving hardly anything back in return.

As the financial nooses tighten, the government will need more power to keep citizens under control and to suppress dissent.

It is beyond me how any of you would believe that handing the government more power over US Citizens, which are already being disposed of any control of our own government, is a good idea right now.

The Executive branch of our government has been hijacked by global financial interests that do not care about you, what you want, or what you think except to keep you in line as you hand over more and more of your life blood, your time, your labor, to your masters.

Why would you hand them what they want? Why would you give those betraying you more power, surveillance, and dominion over you and your states?

I smell some Stockholm syndrome in this.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast