Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SEEN ON FOX NEWS!!

Saw this today.
    Have you seen it?

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > NATIONAL
    Federal Agents Tracking Down Illegal Immigrants in Minnesota
    Sunday, May 28, 2006

BLOOMINGTON, Minnesota — Federal agents are aggressively tracking down and deporting illegal immigrants in Minnesota as part of a national crackdown on aliens who have disobeyed their deportation orders, according to a media report.

Agents are now showing up each day on the doorsteps of immigrant families, in contrast with the past, when the nearly 600,000 people nationwide under deportation orders had little to fear as long as they weren't charged with other offenses, the Star Tribune reproted .

Tim Counts, spokesman for the ICE office in Bloomington, Minnesota, said this is the first time the agency has had a systematic program for rounding up people with outstanding deportation orders and sending them home.

"When somebody was ordered deported (in the past), and was not in our custody, we were surprised if we ever saw them again," Counts told the newspaper Friday. "We would send them a surrender letter. We jokingly called it a 'run' letter. It was a surprise when someone actually obeyed it

Re: SEEN ON FOX NEWS!!

Quote Originally Posted by gordo
    Tim Counts, spokesman for the ICE office in Bloomington, Minnesota, said this is the first time the agency has had a systematic program for rounding up people with outstanding deportation orders and sending them home.

Hmmm. . . the first time they've had a systematic program to do their job and enforce immigration laws? So what exactly were they doing before? Sitting around with their thumbs. . . !?!

But seriously, does anybody else see a problem with that statement? The agency charged with enforcing immigration laws (it's even the freaking name of the agency: Immigration and Customs Enforcement) hasn't had anything set up where they actually go out and try and enforce the law!?! Please pardon my French, but what the hell was going on there!?! And why isn't this getting done more in every state in the union!?!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Re: SEEN ON FOX NEWS!!

Wouldn't watch Fox if my life depended on it but thanks for passing that along. It was indeed worthwhile.

It's about time they did their jobs.

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    I guess they don't understand the "Enforcement" part.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

You asked what they have been doing all this time.

They answered it "When somebody was ordered deported (in the past), and was not in our custody, we were surprised if we ever saw them again," Counts told the newspaper Friday. "We would send them a surrender letter. We jokingly called it a 'run' letter.

They have been writing letters

Quote Originally Posted by dlm1968
    You asked what they have been doing all this time.

They answered it "When somebody was ordered deported (in the past), and was not in our custody, we were surprised if we ever saw them again," Counts told the newspaper Friday. "We would send them a surrender letter. We jokingly called it a 'run' letter.

They have been writing letters
    What a concept! Maybe our police forces should enforce the laws that way too! They could just sit in offices and write letters to lawbreakers!! Send 'em a nice nasty letter that'll set those bankrobbers, murderers, rapists, and drug dealers straight!
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Federal agents are aggressively tracking down and deporting illegal immigrants
    This is just the beginning. More and more employers are facing fines and or jail time for criminally hiring illegal immigrants. The illegal immigrant protests have given the Feds all they need to start the deportations and the states that aid illegals will change their tune when the Feds stop giving them money.

Do you really think they are deporting as reported in the story?

I have yet to see any evidence - I think they want us to think they are deporting. Just like Bush wants us to think the National Guard is going to "patrol" the border.

Smoke and Mirrors.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Quote Originally Posted by bootsalinda
    Smoke and Mirrors.
    My thoughts exactly!!

We are getting 4000-10,000 a day, so at the end of the year, the number they 'arrest' will be equal to one or 2 days worth or ILLEGAL border crossers, literaly. - We will NOT see 20,000 deported by any means, and if they do, they will just re-enter......without a FENCE, and TOUGH enforcement, its a sham...

doing something is seen as better than nothing, but its just a sham...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast