Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Cornyn can't count on Texas Latinos

Cornyn can't count on Texas Latinos

By: Gebe Martinez

DEL RIO, Texas – At the southern edge of Big Bend country, near Amistad Lake, Texas voter Virginia Wong Anderson seems to represent the political challenges facing Republican Sen. John Cornyn’s 2008 reelection bid.

[b]Anderson, 58, an independent, voted for Cornyn when he won the seat in a 2002 open-seat election. Like Cornyn, who recently helped lead Senate defeat of a broad immigration bill, she is against “amnestyâ€

He can't count on me, either.

His vote helped stop that bill, but he has not been anti illegal.

He is from Texas, he should have been screaming to High Heavens for all the time he has been there.

He can't claim he didn't know. He can't claim his people were affected.

He is not what he seems and I suspect this article is to try to shore up his support among Americans.

One think he needs to know, if the pro-illegals run someone against him - he may be out on his posterior. He has been carrying their water for years - but they have just been using him.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Cornyn speaks with forked tongue. So does Hutchinson

I call both of their offices almost every day now. Sometimes Hutchinsons office is almost RUDE to me, seems like they just don't want to here my opinion. But I don't let them get me off the phone that easily!

I will not ever vote for either of them again.
    We the People. You the Invader

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Republican Sen. John Cornyn’s 2008 reelection bid.

Republican Sen. John Cornyn can sell black beens and rice at construction sites to illegals along with Republican Sen. Mel Martinez of Florida. He's history too as soon as he comes up for election

And the crowd roars it's approval
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

NONE of them want to hear our opinions - we are just bothersome creatures to them.

All those pro-illegal politicians forget one little item: WE DON'T FORGET, and for their back-stabbing of American citizens and LEGAL immigrants, WE DON'T FORGIVE!

Re: Cornyn speaks with forked tongue. So does Hutchinson

Quote Originally Posted by houston
    I call both of their offices almost every day now. Sometimes Hutchinsons office is almost RUDE to me, seems like they just don't want to here my opinion. But I don't let them get me off the phone that easily!

I will not ever vote for either of them again.

I'll vote for them if the person that is running against them supports illegal aliens and amnesty.

Actually, as a Texan I'm glad I have Senator Cornyn to count on. He might have wavered a little in the beginning, but now he's solidly on our side.

Quote Originally Posted by slantedplanet
    Actually, as a Texan I'm glad I have Senator Cornyn to count on. He might have wavered a little in the beginning, but now he's solidly on our side.
    As a TExas, I do not think for a moment he is on our side. He hasn't been in the past.

He has been up there long enough and TExas has been having a serious problem for 20 years. Why is the only thing he has done is cast one vote.

Did he come out of it chomping at the bits to prosecute employers, dry up the jobs, send them home? No, he came out blathering about building that mythical fence - but wait - we have to 'consult the people on the border first'.

Not trying to be argumentative - but this man IS not on our side.

If he had been, he would have warned us the 'new and improved crackdown' was a crock.

Don't be fooled -

Go to www.numbersusa.com and examine his voting record. Also, as an avid c-span watcher, I can tell you that, when he speaks, he speaks on behalf of the American people.
    The area that I would criticize both him and Senator Hutchison is in believing that the USA actually has a shortage of skilled IT workers. But then I find that a lot of Americans have fallen for that propaganda.
    It wasn't until I started talking to a lot of IT workers online that I find out about half are unemployed or under-employed due to outsourcing or companies importing foreign workers on the cheap.
    I'm trying to put together some facts and figures to send to them about this issue.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast