Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Considering who I have as a US Representative--Henry Cuellar--I'm glad to, at least, have Cornyn. Cuellar actually seems to be working for Mexico.
    I live in a small town of mostly white english-speaking folks. But because of the bizarre way districts are drawn here, our town is lumped in with a heavy concentration of border districts even though we are nowhere near the border. All I ever hear from Cuellar is what he's doing for bordertowns and the hispanics, and I am sick of it.

I am going by what he has 'done'. He has known of the destructive things going on in Texas - much longer that most states.

Why hasn't he had town hall meetings, written to his constituents, warned of the problems?

Also, the letters I have received back from him and Ms Hutchinson over the years have not been anti-illegal.

Voting is good - but just standing around waiting for a vote is not what is needed here.

These people in Washington have known more of the extent of the problem for a lot longer than most of us - just waiting and voting on something doesn't cut it with me.

As I said, their letters in the past have not been to my liking.

Why did he come home from the last vote and immediately begin talking of some fence that he knows won't be built (if ever) for years and years.
    Also, he wants to consult the people on the border first.

Why hasn't he demanded strict enforcement of employer laws?

Why didn't he warn of the farce of the President's sham of a 'crackdown'?

Why isn't he telling us the facts about the new temporary workers numbers?

A senator has some clout with the governor and state governments - as well as local governments - why hasn't he just demanded publicly they do their job.

Personally, I think he voted to our liking the last time - for whatever reasons - but I don't for a moment think he is with us. If he were, Texas would have a totally different landscape than it does today.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, Senator Cornyn thinks that US towns and US citizens that own land on the border should be consulted about placement of the fence. You know some of the ranchers down there water their livestock at the Rio Grande. It is their land, you see, and they should definitely have input about any type of barrier.

It is more important to me that someone stands with me NOW, not what they might have said 5 years ago. A person can be your ally without being your buddy. Why, I've even been know to talk to a Yankee from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by slantedplanet
    Yes, Senator Cornyn thinks that US towns and US citizens that own land on the border should be consulted about placement of the fence. You know some of the ranchers down there water their livestock at the Rio Grande. It is their land, you see, and they should definitely have input about any type of barrier.

It is more important to me that someone stands with me NOW, not what they might have said 5 years ago. A person can be your ally without being your buddy. Why, I've even been know to talk to a Yankee from time to time.

I understand what you are saying, but if we are going to have a fence, it will interefere with a lot of things down there - not just the illegals. Surely all the critters in WAshington knew that. It doesn't take a real brain. Did they just now figure out that people water their cattle in the Rio Grande?

Now I don't want to argue and if it seems like I am, I apologize.

Yes, this man VOTED right this one time. He has done little all the time he has been in congress and he, more than a lot of senators, actually knows the destruction this is causing.

My point, he voted with us - once. That was definitely to his advantage - and it doesn't mean he is with us. We can't take him for granted.

I don't think he is a friend or an ally. Our needs meshed with his this time - that's all.

AS to the fence, I want a fence as much as anyone else - but so far it is just talk - nothing else. These people know they can talk tough about a fence and border security - because nothing can be done for a long, long time. By the time they get it designed, consult everyone along the border, have environmental impact hearings, then get the money voted, let out the contracts, etc. - it could be years down the road.

That doesn't mean I don't want it to continue - but anyone who pounds on that without demanding real interior enforcment is just playing games with us.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm glad you mentioned that part about environmental impact. I nearly choked when I heard that Mexico was concerned about what the fence will do to the environment. Have you seen the photos of areas where they cross? Tons and tons of garbage. You can't even see the ground for all the trash.
    Yes, I agree that we have to keep on our politicians' backs. There's probably not one that can be trusted. (I do admire Ron Paul a great deal.)
    But, I do know that the one thing that matters the most to any politican is getting re-elected, and in spite of all the talk about the hispanic voting block, they don't come through at the polls.

Quote Originally Posted by slantedplanet
    I'm glad you mentioned that part about environmental impact. I nearly choked when I heard that Mexico was concerned about what the fence will do to the environment. Have you seen the photos of areas where they cross? Tons and tons of garbage. You can't even see the ground for all the trash.
    Yes, I agree that we have to keep on our politicians' backs. There's probably not one that can be trusted. (I do admire Ron Paul a great deal.)
    But, I do know that the one thing that matters the most to any politican is getting re-elected, and in spite of all the talk about the hispanic voting block, they don't come through at the polls.
    Sorry, if I came across too strong. It is just that I have been emailing him for some time and I guess I expect too much from a politician. I just couldn't understand why anyone who cares anything about this country - but especially Texas, would not consider the damage that is being done, and take a strong stand.

Oh, I agree. I don't think the Hispanics will vote for Cronyn or any of the others. Yes, I do think if we push him really hard, maybe he will take a stand. We just can't let up.

As for the environmental impact studies - that is a hoot, isn't it? But you bet your booties they will try to force one. I am so upset with the Sierra Club and all the phony enviromentalists because they haven't denounced the damage that has been done along the border. In AZ, they love their cacti so much, they were talking of putting micro chips in them in case someone cut them down or damaged them. Yet, they don't say a word about how the illegals are damaging some of the desert areas. They are wearing trails in the hills that is causing a lot of erosion. We don't even need to talk about the trash they are scattering.

Hyprocrisy -

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12