Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ICE: No Funds for 287(g)

ICE: No Funds for 287(g)
    ICE chilly to sheriff’s idea

By Meg Bernhardt
    http://oneoldvet.com/?p=2964

Frederick County Sheriff Chuck Jenkins expressed disappointment today after a morning meeting with federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials.

Jenkins was hoping the officials would tell him they are accepting Frederick County into a program that allows local law enforcement to assist ICE by checking the immigration status of those who have been arrested.

Officers receive four to five weeks of training from ICE at no cost to the local jurisdiction and can then perform certain duties under the supervision of sworn ICE officials.

“I didn’t get the answer I wanted from ICE,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: ICE: No Funds for 287(g)

[quote="zeezil"]ICE: No Funds for 287(g)
    ICE chilly to sheriff’s idea

By Meg Bernhardt
    http://oneoldvet.com/?p=2964

Frederick County Sheriff Chuck Jenkins expressed disappointment today after a morning meeting with federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials.

Jenkins was hoping the officials would tell him they are accepting Frederick County into a program that allows local law enforcement to assist ICE by checking the immigration status of those who have been arrested.

Officers receive four to five weeks of training from ICE at no cost to the local jurisdiction and can then perform certain duties under the supervision of sworn ICE officials.

“I didn’t get the answer I wanted from ICE,â€

MW
    Hmmm............looks like the illusion of enforcement continues by our federal government. Just wait, the next thing we'll be hearing from the Bush administration is, "we've tried enforcement and it's not working."

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

Re: ICE: No Funds for 287(g)

[quote="zeezil"]ICE: No Funds for 287(g) /quote]

Let's see, we don't have money for 287G, border or port security, bridges, New Orleans and just about anything needed for Americans.

But, we do have ample funds for illegals, government perks and unlimited wars. It's good to know how our government stands.

We are spending billions on these wars in the Middle East. What a bunch of liars! We need protection in America TOO!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Federal immigration program lacks funds to partner with coun

Federal immigration program lacks funds to partner with county
    Originally published September 26, 2007

By Meg Bernhardt
    News-Post Staff

Frederick County Sheriff Chuck Jenkins will have to wait a little longer to start a partnership with federal Immigrations and Customs Enforcement, the largest investigative branch of the Department of Homeland Security.
    Officials told Jenkins during a morning meeting Tuesday they do not have funds to accept Frederick County into a program that allows local law enforcement to assist ICE by checking immigration status of those who have been arrested.

Jenkins hoped the officials would tell him they are accepting Frederick County and then create a timeline for ICE to start training his deputies.

Under the program, officers receive four to five weeks of training from ICE at no cost to the local jurisdiction and can then perform certain duties under the supervision of sworn ICE officials.

"I'm disappointed," Jenkins said after the meeting in Frederick County. "I didn't get the answer I wanted from ICE."

ICE is out of money for the program in the fiscal year ending Oct. 1, and so far no allocations have been made for the next fiscal year, Jenkins said.

The sheriff will wait for funding decisions to be made before taking further action.

"I'm deciding how I'm going to go from here," he said.

Jenkins contacted ICE officials in March because he hoped to get Frederick County involved in the program, which is active in a handful of local jurisdictions across the country.

He visited Mecklenburg County, N.C., to see the work deputies are doing with ICE. He was impressed by the program's ability to deter gang activity and crime in general.

"My goal is if there are people here illegally in this country and they break the law in this county, then we can assist ICE in the detainment and deportation process," Jenkins said last week.

http://www.fredericknewspost.com/sectio ... ryID=65575