Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Poooor immigrants

{This was emailed from a friend, so there is no link.}

I'm sure alot of us have heard about this many times.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

If the immigrant is over 65 they can apply for SSI and Medicaid and get more than my mom gets for Social Security, and she worked from 1944 till 2004, only getting $791 per month because she was born in 1924 and there is a 'catch 22'.
    It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1, 890.00 and each can also obtain an additional $580.00 in social assistance for a total of $2,470.00/month.

This compares very well to a single pensioner who after contributing to the growth and development of America for 40 to 50 years can only receive a monthly maximum of $1, 012.00 in old age pension and Guaranteed Income Supplement.

Maybe our pensioners should apply as refugees!

Consider sending this to all your American friends, so we can all be ticked off and maybe get the refugees cut back to $1, 012.00 and the pensioners up to $2,470.00 and enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 or 60 years.

Please forward to every American to expose what our elected politicians have been doing over the past 11 years - to the over-taxed American.

SEND THIS TO EVERY AMERICAN TAXPAYER YOU KNOW
    ------------------------

THIS IS TRUE. IMMIGRANTS CAN GET SSI CHECKS EVEN IF THEY HAVE NEVER WORKED ONE DAY IN USA. IT IS LEGAL TOO. DK IF ILLEGALS CAN DO THIS....BUT I KNOW THAT LEGAL IMMIGRANTS CAN DO THIS....EVEN IF THEY HAVE NEVER WORKED IN USA. AMAZING.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm dumbfounded. I'm sitting here in shock.

I'd be happy to forward it along, but can you provide more proof first? I know many will come back asking for proof and I'd rather go in well armed.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Really... it's time to take our country back... I am so sick of the Federal government crucifying its citizens and giving the ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT community such a wonderful life in this land of entitlements

Maybe I should ask the federal government

"Is there some way I could be an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT too?

Said of course in my very worst impression of a Mexican Illegal

I my as well think like them... "How to Make Mo Money with Yo Money"

Welcome to the Welfare State of Meximerica .. just like the Mexican Flag Above the American Flag

Sooooooooooooo sick of our broke AS_ Political boobs that hold office and think they're job is untouchable ... common folks... time to put the political elite in the unemployment line
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

STEALTHWII: YOU CAN GO TO THE LINK BUT THE PIECE IS RATHER LONG. IT GIVES THE ENTIRE HISTORY. SO I HAVE JUST INCLUDED THE PART YOU ASKED ABOUT.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Sec ... ted_States)

Excerpt:
    During the Carter administration, immigrants who had never paid into the system became eligible for SSI (Supplemental Security Income) benefits when they reached age 65. SSI is not a Social Security benefit, but a welfare program, because the elderly and disabled poor are entitled to SSI regardless of work history. Likewise, SSI is not an entitlement, because there is no right to SSI payments.

The 1983 amendments to the SSA, resulting from the 1982 report of the Greenspan Commission[citation needed] empaneled to investigate the long-run solvency of Social Security, taxed Social Security benefits for the first time: benefits in excess of a household income threshold, generally $25,000 for singles and $32,000 for couples (the precise formula computes and compares three different measures) became taxable. The amendments also gradually increased the age of eligibility for full old-age benefits, from 65 to 67 for those born after 1959.

If the immigrant is over 65 they can apply for SSI
    The age is much lower if an individual doesn't speak English. Lack of fluency in English makes them "untrainable" and eligible for disability.
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Poooor immigrants

Quote Originally Posted by mkfarnam
    {This was emailed from a friend, so there is no link.}

I'm sure alot of us have heard about this many times.
    ------------------------------------------------------------

If the immigrant is over 65 they can apply for SSI and Medicaid and get more than my mom gets for Social Security, and she worked from 1944 till 2004, only getting $791 per month because she was born in 1924 and there is a 'catch 22'.
    It is interesting that the federal government provides a single refugee with a monthly allowance of $1, 890.00 and each can also obtain an additional $580.00 in social assistance for a total of $2,470.00/month.

This is not possible. Each state sets the amount of SSI and there is no other cash assistance. SSI is similiar to welfare.

This compares very well to a single pensioner who after contributing to the growth and development of America for 40 to 50 years can only receive a monthly maximum of $1, 012.00 in old age pension and [b]Guaranteed Income Supplement.

Pension is possible retirement if not social security. GIS, I am not familiar with?

Consider sending this to all your American friends, so we can all be ticked off and maybe get the refugees cut back to $1, 012.00 and the pensioners up to $2,470.00 and enjoy some of the money we were forced to submit to the Government over the last 40 or 50 or 60 years.

Pensions depend on your highest quarterly earnings. something like that.

Please forward to every American to expose what our elected politicians have been doing over the past 11 years - to the over-taxed American.

SEND THIS TO EVERY AMERICAN TAXPAYER YOU KNOW
    This can be easily checked with SSI booklet of the state you live in.Tp get benefits of $2,470.00 you would have had to make a very good salary.
    I would not pass this on without checking it out.

The age is much lower if an individual doesn't speak English. Lack of fluency in English makes them "untrainable" and eligible for disability.
    YES THERE IS A WHOLE LIST OF THINGS THAT CAN MAKE SOMEONE ELIGIBLE FOR "DISABILITY". AND MOST ELDERLY HAVE ONE THING OR ANOTHER WRONG WITH THEM SO MANY QUALIFY. I HAVE HEARD THAT EVEN MINOR ADVERSE SIDE EFFECTS FROM NECESSARY MED CAN MAKE SOMEONE QUALIFY FOR DISABILITY.

Quote Originally Posted by stealthwii
    I'd be happy to forward it along, but can you provide more proof first? I know many will come back asking for proof and I'd rather go in well armed.
    Here a "up to date" link from CNN
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 ... or-debate/

Or if you want, just type your question(any ?) into the search box or browser.
    I always find what I'm looking for.
    ------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast