AMNESTY: ANOTHER BULLDOZER OF OUR REPUBLIC

By Timothy N. Baldwin, JD.
December 29, 2009
NewsWithViews.com

One of the latest carts in the long train of abuses of our federal government is the amnesty legislation introduced by Congressman Luis Gutierrez (D-IL), entitled, Comprehensive Immigration Reform for America's Security and Prosperity. Of course, former President G.W. Bush (R) and Senator John McCain (R) advocated for similar amnesty legislation that would have had similar effects, jeopardizing the lives of millions of Americans across the States of America (among other things). It is not my intent to discuss the seriously negative and detrimental impacts amnesty brings upon this country. If you do not know them already, then this article will likely make absolutely no sense to you anyway (I suggest that you study the principles of freedom and republicanism). Rather, I want to offer the following principle of truth behind the response and solution to proposed amnesty laws by the federal government.

The federal government would not even dare make the following statement concerning the maintenance of freedom in a constitutional republic, but here is the truth regardless. Natural law principles of self-government in a constitutional federal republic require that those composing the sovereign bodies-politic (i.e. States) must have common notions of justice, laws and morality; without this commonality, tyranny and despotism ultimately succeed. History proves this, as do natural law observations. Moreover, this maxim was a fundamental element to creating a form of government conducive to protecting freedom, as envisioned in the US Constitution of 1787 and the Articles of Confederation of 1781.

First, observe the Anti-Federalist position of maintaining a free republic: “In a republic, the manners, sentiments, and interests of the people should be similar. If this be not the case, there will be a constant clashing of opinions; and the representatives of one part will be continually striving, against those of the other. This will retard the operations of government, and prevent such conclusions as will promote the public good.â€