Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Behind Pew Study on Illeg. Immig., Part V:Beyond Headlines

The Pew Study on Illegal Immigration, Part V: Beyond the Headlines
    By Stanley Renshon, September 10, 2010

At the heart of the Pew report is the claim that, to the extent the statistical estimates and weighting are correct, the overall estimated numbers of illegal immigrants in the United States has declined. At least, that is what the Pew report's title suggests is its most noteworthy finding. And it is point that almost all news accounts emphasize.

However there is much more to the report than what has been reported. In this entry, I would like to "stipulate" the general accuracy of the report's numbers for the purpose of further inquiring into what the report says that has been largely overlooked.

One eye-catching finding is the following: "despite the recent decline, the population of unauthorized immigrants was nearly a third larger (32%) in 2009 than in 2000, when it numbered 8.4 million. The size of this group has tripled since 1990, when it was 3.5 million.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It would seem that of all three working-age groups – illegal immigrants, legal immigrants and ordinary Americans – illegal immigr
    ants are the closest to full employment, in spite of the recession

Did you just feel that slap across your face because I sure did.
    They basically said we are lazy and the Illegals are hard working because they work during this recession.
    And now we have another label to add...We are just Ordinary Americans!!
    I don't know about you but when I was a kid and going to school and I stood with my right hand over my heart to say the pledge of allegiance I was a Proud American and as i got older I saw the glory of it all and how Our fathers and grandfathers Mothers and grandmas and brothers and sisters would get tears in their eyes when Looking at our Flag. We would all stand united for our Flag We all Had that pride. 4Th of July was huge and patriotic and as years go I see people like this bring us down a notch.
    Im not Ordinary I am America!
    Its Time for us to Feel that we as Americans are Above all who treat us as racist and haters and lazy and spoiled and any other negative crap they throw at us!. I am Proud of our Home and I want that feeling again when I put my hand over my heart!
    Mr.Presendent you have shamed us!

[quote]"Among men who are working age – 18-64 – unauthorized immigrants are more likely to be in the labor force than are legal immigrants or the U.S. born. In 2009, 93% of working-age unauthorized immigrant men were in the labor force, compared with 86% of working-age legal immigrant men and 81% of working-age men who were born in the United States.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)