Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Choose Freedom - Stop a Con Con

There is a big difference between a Continental Congress and a Constitutional Convention...read up on them...it may take time to understand the difference and it continues to confuse me but it is important to understand and not let them snow us and take our Constitution away they are already trying to destroy it this will finish it.

http://www.jbs.org/stopacon-con

Tell Your State Legislators to Oppose Any Calls for a Constitutional Convention

Although members of The John Birch Society and their allies have already been working with state legislators for the past 30 years to prevent the calling of a constitutional convention (Con-Con), the pro Con-Con forces have never been as active as this year. Con-Con call resolutions have been introduced in virtually all 50 states already.

Click on the video at left, Beware of Con-Cons: State Legislators Warn Against a Constitutional Convention, for our latest tool for convincing state legislators to oppose Con-Con resolutions and to support rescinding all of their existing Con-Con calls.

We've also posted a new article on JBS.org: "Beware of Con-Cons -- A Warning Against a Constitutional Convention." This article includes ordering information for 12- and 30-minute DVDs of our Beware of Con-Cons video, as well as 12- and 30-minute audio CDs.

Contact your state legislators by phone and email with these two purposes in mind: (1) Convince them to oppose any new Con-Con call resolution in your state legislature; and (2) Convince them to sponsor or cosponsor a resolution to rescind all of your state's existing Con-Con calls based on the "Model Con-Con State Rescission Resolution" (unless you live in one of the following states which have already passed a resolution to rescind all previous Con-Con calls: Ala., Ariz., Ga., Idaho, La., Mont., N.D., N.H., Okla., Ore., S.C., S.D., Tenn., Va., Utah, and Wy.).

Thanks.

Your friends at The John Birch Society

http://www.jbs.org/stopacon-con

We need to stop this....they are trying to change our Constitution and people must not fall for it ..beware ....you need to know your enemies America.

This is another push fpr what they are trying to do they want to finish destroying our Constitution...we must not let them.

Conklin to Introduce Bill Calling for a Constitutional Convention

January 24, 2011 at 5:00 PM by Gant Team · Leave a Comment

HARRISBURG – Centre County state Rep. Scott Conklin announced today at a Capitol news conference that he will introduce a bill calling for a constitutional convention to be held in Pennsylvania.

Under Conklin’s bill, a referendum would be presented to voters on Nov. 8, 2011.

“A constitutional convention is the most important reform this Commonwealth could undertake at this time,â€

Its real confusing to me and the article seems to be misleading.

Now what I believe a Constitution Convention would be in the US would be as Article 5 of the US Constitution:

"The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate."

Which to me actually sounds like a good idea. It required 38 states to pass Amendments through a Convention bypassing the failed congress and President. Now the same things Congress itself could do if it had enough supporters on one side and looking at corruption in office it seems to me more state congressmen tend to be more honest for their citizens then the US Congress. So where US Congress fails States can take control with a 2/3 majority.

So why oppose it and instead be for it just making sure your legislators are speaking for the people. More likely to get their attention then the scum in the US Congress.

There are plenty of links there for you to read. The whole idea is to destroy the Constitution of the United States. That is what you want?????

I see, your name is reform 2012...I get the picture....I bet you do think it is a good idea.

Wake up American People the enemy is among us.

Kathyet

I read a few things on it and confused as heck not really understanding it like I said. I took a shot that it was possibly the one thing I know a little about which is a State Legislature Convention which can put forth amendments bypassing the US Congress (but not actually removing the Constitution).

Hell no though I don't want the Constitution removed. I fought and was shot as a vet defending it and my country (not the corrupt government politicians). I want the Constitution enforced hardcore with a sole goal behind it that ALL protections in it is for the American People ONLY. Our Protections should not apply to non American Citizens / Legal residents. The rest don't deserve them as law breaking pond scum. The only deserve the hammer that comes cracking down from OUR protections.

Don't mean to have offended or anything but like I said was bloody confusing to me and hard finding an actual definition unbiased on what a con-con is that is easy for my aging mind to understand hehe. But like you say if its about destroying the US Constitution I'm all against that trash just like I'm against states trying to secede from our Country.

Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012
    I read a few things on it and confused as heck not really understanding it like I said. I took a shot that it was possibly the one thing I know a little about which is a State Legislature Convention which can put forth amendments bypassing the US Congress (but not actually removing the Constitution).

Hell no though I don't want the Constitution removed. I fought and was shot as a vet defending it and my country (not the corrupt government politicians). I want the Constitution enforced hardcore with a sole goal behind it that ALL protections in it is for the American People ONLY. Our Protections should not apply to non American Citizens / Legal residents. The rest don't deserve them as law breaking pond scum. The only deserve the hammer that comes cracking down from OUR protections.

Don't mean to have offended or anything but like I said was bloody confusing to me and hard finding an actual definition unbiased on what a con-con is that is easy for my aging mind to understand hehe. But like you say if its about destroying the US Constitution I'm all against that trash just like I'm against states trying to secede from our Country.

They want to confuse us so we don't pay attention to this. What we all think would be logical is not. That is why I brought over the links for everyone to read and understand, watch the video from the John Birch Society that helps explain it some and there are other groups fighting it as well you can do a search..I had brought information over on this a long while back, I can't find it now, but they will keep pushing till they do it so we need to be awake. When they want things in they keep pushing and they don't care how we all feel.

Conklin to Introduce Bill Calling for a Constitutional Convention
    We do not need a Constitutional Convention, your right, things can be changed by amendments. By mucking up the waters with ridiculous amendments they are slowly destroying our constitution as it is.

Kathyet