Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Code Red Alert! Immediate Calls Needed to Stop Guestworker/A

CODE RED ALERT!

Immediate Calls Needed to Stop Guestworker/Amnesty Trojan Horse

Rep. Jeff Flake (R-AZ) has managed to wedge into Judiciary Chairman Sensenbrenner's (R-WI) border security bill language affirming that it is the sense of Congress that an open guest worker program is needed to keep the United States economy growing. While the provision is not binding, if approved it will provide a green light to the Senate to add a guestworker/amnesty program to the bill. Once added, Senators will insist that since the House already approved of guestworkers a guestworker/amnesty should remain in the bill. The House must say no with finality to the Senate today in order to slow the amnesty/guestworker juggernaut.

Without question, certain members of the House are giving lip service to strong enforcement legislation knowing this bill is going to come back from the Senate with a nightmarish guestworker/amnesty plan inserted.

Many members of the House Immigration Reform Caucus are mobilizing to kill the bill unless the Flake provision is withdrawn. They are vowing to vote against the rule for considering H.R. 4437 if it contains the Flake sense of Congress language, and request your help to convince others in Congress to join their alliance against guestworker/amnesty.

PLEASE CALL YOUR HOUSE MEMBER IMMEDIATELY and tell him/her to vote against the rule for consideration of H.R. 4437 UNLESS the Flake sense of Congress in support of a guestworker/amnesty is removed. (Call the Capitol Switchboard 202-224-3121 and ask to be connected or find your representative's direct office number here on our web site.)

THIS RULE WILL COME UP FOR A VOTE TODAY - SO PLEASE, DROP WHATEVER YOU'RE DOING, AND MAKE THIS QUICK CALL NOW!

Tell your representative to stand up against this Trojan horse effort to ram a guestworker/amnesty program through Congress under the guise of border security and immigration enforcement!

Tips on Calling:
    Ask to speak to the person who handles immigration matters. If you get an answering machine, leave a message. As always, make sure to identify yourself as a constituent.

Sample message:
    "As my representative, I strongly urge you to vote AGAINST the rule for consideration of Rep. Sensenbrenner's Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act (H.R. 4437) UNLESS sense of Congress language inserted by Rep. Jeff Flake in support of a guestworker/amnesty program is removed from the legislation. The Flake sense of Congress, while not binding, would send a green light to the Senate to add a guestworker/amnesty program to the bill. I support TRUE Immigration Enforcement, H.R. 4313, not back door efforts to give employers unlimited cheap foreign labor."

Text of the Flake Provision:
    "It is the sense of Congress that a necessary part of securing the international land and maritime border of the United States entails the creation of a secure legal channel by which the foreign workers needed to keep the United States economy growing may enter and leave the country."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I just called Coble's office BACK with the details of the bill numbers. Those are THE NICEST people to deal with. All day, they've answered the phone by saying, "Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays", and they actually go to the trouble to take down your exact message. It is SO different from Dole's and Burr's offices. Dole's is THE WORST. You really get the feeling that they are twiddling their thumbs while you talk.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

I called my Rep. (Jeb Bradley) and told his staffer that he should vote against it with Flakey's "sense" in it. She said she'd "pass the message", but I'm not expecting much. If he votes for it I'll never vote for him again.

I feel like such a good lil' activist!

contacted Mike McIntrye offices.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Called Chabot, now 3 times. I hope no one is watching C-span. It is enough to give you a stroke.
    I bet Chabot will get tired of hearing from me today.
    http://www.alipac.us/
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

That is SO FUNNY, SCUB, because I have resisted the temptation to put it on C-Span all day because I KNOW it will make my blood pressure go out the roof. It's been enough just to keep calling without having to actually HEAR them talk about it.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

do know one thing. I think I am going to pull my Money out of My Pension Plan After today.
    You can not be loyal to two nations, without being unfaithful to one. Scubayons 02/07/06

What brought that up, Scub?? Although it's not a bad idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootsie
    What brought that up, Scub?? Although it's not a bad idea!
    Lets just say after watching them on Capitol Hill. There was vote of Competency of our Government at my house. Our Government lost the vote of Competency by 100% to 0% margin. Plus that has been the main topic up there. Not Immigration. I trust not Washington with my Money. I would rather have my money in my own greedy little hands, then some Corporate Giants hands.

Go FOR IT, SCUB. I don't blame you one little bit and you read, almost DAILY, about companies cutting benefits for their retirees because they are just running out of money. That is SUCH A SHAME because these people took those jobs YEARS ago with the assurance of retirement benefits and to have them jerked out from under them at this stage of life is just inexcusable.

Run get your money before they spend it too. They might have to use IT to pay CHINA back all the money we owe them!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast