Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

FAIR Special Message

From: Federation for American Immigration Reform Date: 2006/02/07 Tue PM 05:50:59 EST
    Subject: Special Message from FAIR President Dan Stein on Bush Budget Request

FROM THE DESK OF THE PRESIDENT
    RE: President's Budget Spends More for Guest Workers than Worksite Enforcement
    Yesterday the Bush Administration issued its budget request for the upcoming fiscal year that will begin on October 1. In it he has asked Congress to approve $247 million to implement a guest worker amnesty program that is strongly opposed by many members of Congress. This represents nearly $100 million more than he proposed for worksite enforcement and expansion of the voluntary worker verification system combined.

For the border patrol, who work to secure our porous borders, the President asked for funding to support only 1,500 new border patrol agents in the fiscal year that begins next October. While this sounds significant, this number is 500 border patrol agents less than authorized in the intelligence overhaul legislation enacted into law well over a year ago and for the two fiscal years covered since enactment of that law it is a Border Patrol shortfall of 1,000 officers.

You and I know that over the last few months the President has made a point of calling for tougher actions to control our borders and enforce laws against illegal immigration. I'm sure you have doubted the President's sincerity just as I have, fearing that the new tough talk would disappear once he got his guest worker amnesty program through the Congress. Well we were wrong. The President has not waited for Congressional approval before putting on full display his real intentions to put enforcement in the back seat and his more passionate desire for a guest worker amnesty proposal behind the wheel. You and I get run over by the bus.

How Congress will respond to this budget remains to be seen. The House is already on record passing tough enforcement legislation without any guest worker program while the Senate will begin work on its version in early March. At this point the Senate is expected to be far more receptive to the President's proposals than the House.

We intend to do everything we can here in Washington, D.C. to prevent passage of a guest worker amnesty program of any description. We need your full and active participation to convince Congress that amnesty has been tried and failed in the past and that an open-ended guest worker program will drive another stake in the heart of American middle and lower income workers.

Dan Stein
    President
    Last edited by Jean; 08-27-2013 at 10:53 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yesterday the Bush Administration issued its budget request for the upcoming fiscal year that will begin on October 1. In it he has asked Congress to approve $247 million to implement a guest worker amnesty program that is strongly opposed by many members of Congress. This represents nearly $100 million more than he proposed for worksite enforcement and expansion of the voluntary worker verification system combined.
    Why can't people SEE what is going on in this country? This President has NO intentions of saving us from this invasion!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

I'm new to all of this, so I don't know, but can't the senate veto that part of it?