Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Follow-up to the Francis Hernandez/Baskin-Robbins Case Nov 2

Legislative Audit Committee Hearing

Secure and Verifiable ID

Follow-up to the Francis Hernandez/Baskin-Robbins Case
    Nov 2nd & 3rd

Legislative Services Building - Second Floor
    Directly south of the Capitol, across 14th
    200 East 14th Avenue MAP
    Denver

Next Monday and Tuesday, Nov. 2-3, the Legislative Audit Committee will address two cases of interest. No public testimony will be taken. Agenda

First, at 10am Monday the 2nd, the Departments of Public Safety, Revenue (DMV), Transportation, and the State Judicial Branch will testify at a Performance Audit hearing titled Problem Drivers and Traffic Fatalities.

This involves the tragic case of Francis Hernandez, alleged perp in the Baskin-Robbins hit-and-run. PD Chief Oates of Aurora produced this background report at the Immigration Working Group a year ago. I, along with several other CAIR activists, attended all six, 4 hour sessions at the Jeffco DA's headquarters. The IWG participants listened to a vast array of presentations by a full spectrum of law enforcement officials, from local PD's to ICE. The various Agenda's and Minutes from each of the six gatherings provide an insight to many of the problems facing Coloradoans impacted by illegal aliens. In addition, the Handouts list power points, summaries and data presentations that explore the many aspects of enforcement.

The LAC follow-up will probably examine some of the Report and Recommendations produced at the conclusion of the voting by the 30+ Officials. Starting on page 33 of this 67 page pdf are the items identified as priority legislative issues. This hearing MAY be the start of a bill drafting process to resolve some of the problems determined by Gov. Ritter's appointed group.

Then on Tuesday, at 10:30am-noon, Legislation will be discussed concerning the Dec '08 Audit of 'The Secure and Verifiable Act' -- HB03-1224. This issue has been dragging along for years, was conflicted by the passage at the '06 Special Session of HB06S-1023, and is, in my researched opinion, of the utmost importance. The proposed legislation, a third proposal, basically puts the Dept of Revenue in charge. Potentially the Rule Making and Compliance concerns would evolve from whatever passes in the next Legislative session.

Illegal aliens are simply NOT 'undocumented'; they are criminally impersonating legit ID's and buying phony papers on the street. This issue is at the vortex of almost every aspect of the immigration battle, be it services and benefits, drivers licenses, health care, employment, education, etc. Without lawful presence, those 'geographically challenged' folks who scam our systems everyday, depend on the counterfeit docs for nearly every fraud they perpetrate.

I'll be adding intel to this critical issue in future alerts, as this is something I have focused on for several years--remember '1313'?

For those who find this important enough, have the time, and plan on attending, I invite you to have lunch with me after Tues' conclusion (noon), tour the Capital, and discuss the issues after the hearing.

Sincerely,

Stan Weekes

Director,
    Colorado Alliance for Immigration Reform
    www.CAIRCO.org

LOOK!!!
    http://cdpsweb.state.co.us/immigration/ ... AL%20a.pdf

http://cdpsweb.state.co.us/immigration/ ... tions.html
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Illegal aliens are simply NOT 'undocumented'; they are criminally impersonating legit ID's and buying phony papers on the street. This issue is at the vortex of almost every aspect of the immigration battle, be it services and benefits, drivers licenses, health care, employment, education, etc. Without lawful presence, those 'geographically challenged' folks who scam our systems everyday, depend on the counterfeit docs for nearly every fraud they perpetrate.
    Absolutely true! I had to roll on the floor laughing that these people are no longer illegal aliens, but 'geographically challenged.'
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)