Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Help Set Homeland Security Priorities

Help set Homeland Security Priorities

The Department of Homeland Security hosting a Quadrennial Homeland Security Review and is asking for input. The second round runs August 31 through September 6th.

Click below to make your voice heard:

http://www.homelandsecuritydialogue.org/

You can view results from the first dialogue by clicking the link below:

http://homelandsecuritydialogue.org/dia ... mmigration

The second dialogue is promised to be more interactive.

DHS will produce a report based on the results of its review for submission to Congress on December 31, 2009.

DHS: August 19, 2009 - -- by DHS

IDEAS FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY:

(1) Require ALL workers to pass through E-Verify to open up jobs for American workers and legal immigrants.

DHS' current E-Verify rule only requires employees hired specifically for federal contract jobs to pass through E-Verify. But existing employees can be transferred onto the federal contracting job without passing through E-Verify. Employers can move illegal workers onto federal contract jobs by taking advantage of this loophole.

(2) Expand 287(g) to reduce illegal immigration in state and local communities.

The 287(g) program was designed to crackdown on criminal illegal aliens by making it harder for all illegal aliens to remain undetected within the interior.

Mohammed Atta, received a traffic ticket in Broward County, Florida, for driving without a license.

He had, by this time, overstayed his visa on his previous visit to the United States between June of 2000 and January of 2001.

Under the original 287(g) plan, Atta would have been reported to ICE.

Under DHS' new rules, however, he would have been allowed to continue because he did not have a "criminal" record.

Post this again on Aug. 31, please, as too many of us run around like puters with keyboards cut off.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I registered and then tried to rate some of the ideas. Aparently the time has passedbut I should be registered for future sessions. One thing that I would like to recommend for participants, since it does relate to the issue of national security is this: At least part of our national security depends upon the fulfilment of the Selective Service law, in which males attaining age 18 are required to register with Selective Service, and obligated to do so for eight years following. Many illegal alien males disregard this---even though doing so is a federal felony. I think we should raise this problem as an issue of interest to Homeland Security, since many people are saying that "malicious actors" need to be removed. This is an utter disregard of our laws that protect our security.

They may be reluctant to venture into this area but I think it should be raised by as many people as possible. Please do so when you can.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    ..males attaining age 18 are required to register with Selective Service, and obligated to do so for eight years following. Many illegal alien males disregard this---even though doing so is a federal felony....
    Maybe so, but I disagree. I think that only legal aliens should be allowed to join and be given the honor to serve with our best. If they are illegally here..they shouldn't be given anything..they should be barred from everything.

1. Effectively and efficiently deliver immigration benefits or status to the right person at the right time.
    What does this number 1 goal mean? Amnesty?
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Rockfish,

Since we do not have a draft the issue of whether illegal aliens ought to serve in the US military is pretty much moot. I always bring that up because from a legal standpoint it, being a federal felony, is a serious issue. It also impinges upon national security; therefore it should be an issue that DHS deals with and works to have enforced.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David