Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

How exactly do higher taxes help lower energy costs? (Hint:

Americans for Tax Reform

Dear GOPUSA Activist,

How exactly do higher taxes help lower energy costs? (Hint: They don't.)

It's one question the Democrat leadership in Congress can't answer, no matter how long they talk.

The truth is, the tax and spend crowd is just looking for ways to increase taxes on American consumers by targeting domestic energy production. At a time when already high energy costs are weighing heavy on this country's economy, and when signs are indicating that even more trouble may be ahead, why would Congress seek to pass legislation that will raise prices and increase financial hardships by strangling America's energy supply? Congress should be looking to cut taxes, not increase them. Higher energy prices won't avert or minimize a recession. They'll do just the opposite.

Take Action now to stop higher energy costs!

Tax increases like those passed through the House (including bills that violated the Taxpayer Protection Pledge) would stifle investment, and the domestic energy it produces. One chief target of the left is the destruction of Section 199 of the tax code, which would chase away capital now being invested here at home by America's oil and natural gas producers. The right way to promote the use of alternative energy is not limiting access to new domestic energy sources of oil and natural gas, or imposing new taxes on the U.S. oil and gas industry. Such an approach will not help supply stable and affordable energy to satisfy the demands of American families, especially at a time when Americans are already struggling in today's economic slowdown.

What it will do is help push the economy over the precipice into deep recession by driving up the costs of driving our cars, heating our homes and creating jobs.

In addition, raising taxes on domestic energy makes U.S. oil and natural gas exploration projects less competitive globally, discouraging new U.S. production and increasing our reliance on imported oil. As if that weren't damaging enough, almost all large oil and gas companies are publicly-traded entities, whose shares are owned by millions of investors through their 401(k) plans, IRAs and pension funds. Taxing away the retirement earnings of these millions of Americans won't help anyone except the taxman.

Take Action Now: Tell your member of Congress to oppose energy tax hikes!

Onward,
    Grover Norquist
    President of Americans for Tax Reform

Americans for Tax Reform
    1920 L Street NW
    Suite 200
    Washington, DC 20036

Recieved by e-mail from the GOP
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Heck, I'm still trying to figure out how NAFTA has benefitted Americans. My brain must have been contaminated with lead from China, salmonella from Mexico and Red dye #2 from Indonesian made tee shirts. I don't think I could possibly try and decipher how higher energy costs would do us any good.

It's interesting that Glenn Beck had a guy on tonight about solar energy technology that within 20 years it will take care of ALL of our energy concerns. He equated to the old computers that cost millions of dollars and filled whole room, to our ipod phones that cost much much less and can do so much more. It sounds pretty exciting. I think I'll put money in to solar power.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)